Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - What they call Gifted

Here's just a random story about a girl named Tani. Enjoy! Please comment! ^^

Chapter 1 - What they call Gifted

Chapter 1 - What they call Gifted
Hey! This is a random story I came up about a gifted girl one day. Sorry about the depressing stuff. So that’s about all. Enjoy! ^^
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


You don’t belong here. You’re different. They all hate you, it’s true. Don’t believe the lies they tell you. You’re a freak. Nobody wants you here. Go die.

These are many of the things that I’ve been told through out my life. It’s the way I think now. The only place I belong is working here, for the only person who wants me. I guess I should explain.

My name is Tani. And no I can’t remember my last name, so don’t bother asking. I’m seventeen years old. I’m a brunette, my hair is shoulder length. I’m about 5’ 7”. I’m basically your everyday teenage girl, except one little thing.


I’m what most people would call…gifted.


So there you go. That’s why I’m such a freak. Most people would say, Oh it’s nothing you should be unhappy about, you’re perfectly normal. Pft. That’s not what our so called “Care Taker” says. More like Slave Driver. That’s what we call him anyway. Oh, yeah. Sorry, I guess I forgot to mention my friends. First of all there’s Sophie, one of my greatest friends. She was there for the beginning. She works as a maid for Black Water Palace. She moves things with her mind. You know, Telekinetic. She’s a sixteen year old, cheery little blonde. I love her to death, she was there the day I was purchased, but we’ll get to that later.

Then there’s Jen. She’s a thirteen year old redhead. She’s used as a toy for the children, just because she’s a shape shifter. Humans can be sick. Just because they won a war doesn’t mean they can go around selling us like property! How can anyone do that?! I mean, come on! Plus, they cheated to win. I guess I should explain that too. Well, when I was born there was a war going on between gifted and humans. We used to live in peace, but one day the humans got mad and wanted to kill us. Don’t ask me why, I think they’re just jealous. But, we were winning for a pretty long time, and then a group of scientists came up with a poison to keep us from using out “gifts”; they won shortly after killing most of us. A few of us survived. As you can see; I’m proof of that. Sorry, guess I’ll finish telling you about the rest of us now.

There are also two guys in our (I guess you could call it) family, Tony and Rick.
Tony is completely crazy. I don’t see how he can say so positive all the time. He’s a brunette as well. I’m pretty sure he’s fourteen, but I’m not completely sure. Tony can control plants, so of course he’s the gardener for Black Water Palace. Then there’s Rick. He’s probably the creepiest one out of the group. We don’t know his powers or his job is. He hardly ever talks so that would make sense. He has black hair and freakish brown eyes. It’s like he looks right in to your heart and can tell what you’re feeling. As I said before really creepy.

Anyway, I forgot to mention my job and how I got dragged into this mess. Sorry ‘bout that, Jen and Sophie say I have A.D.D.; I really don’t doubt that at all. So about my job, I work as the equestrian keeper. The way I fit the job is that I can read the thoughts of animals or people. I can also bend water, but no one knows that, so heh… let’s keep that a secret, eh? So I should NOW tell you how I got into this mess. Well you know about the war and all so I don’t have to tell you about that. But there’s one thing I left out about the aftermath of the war. Well, most all gifted were dead by the time I was born, but those that weren’t were sold, for quite a pretty penny I might add. I was born towards the end of the war. My mother died giving birth to me. The second that my father saw my face he wanted me to die for what I did. Seven years after that my father found out that I had the power to read minds. I had never seen him so happy before. He grabbed my arm and took me to a nearby black market. When we got there he talked to the man behind the counter for a few minutes. He finished talking and took me by my arm again and took me to the back room. I saw at least ten people chained up in cages. I began to cry, knowing what was going on; I mean hey, I wasn’t stupid. The man from behind the counter grabbed my arms and chained me up. My father began to laugh. “Goodbye.” He laughed again, and then walked out. I stayed in that cage for at least seven months. Then He came, my current master. He walked in and saw that I was crying, “What’s wrong?” He asked. “I’m scared and tired.” I wept. “Stop your crying, it will all be okay in due time.” He then walked off to look at the rest of the gifted. Most of them put on little shows. I sat there dumbfounded, lost in thought. “I think he wants to help you.” The girl in the cage next to me said. I nodded. She smiled. “Hopefully you and me.” She said softly. The man walked out, a few minutes passed. Then he and the shop keeper walked back in. The shop keeper unlocked me and the girl next to me. The man who bought us smiled and said, “Let’s get you to home.”

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Once again sorry for all the depressing stuff. Don’t worry the next chapter won’t be so bad. =D Please, please tell me what you think. Comments would be nice! I’m only going to continue this story if I get at least three comments, so if you like it… tell me! Don’t just sit there reading this! Comment!

Comments

Comments (7)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

PrincessThug on January 18, 2008, 11:34:22 AM

PrincessThug on
PrincessThugSweet story. :)

princezuko101 on January 14, 2008, 6:46:16 AM

princezuko101 on
princezuko101awww this is cool! yay for cool powers!

sisaTao on January 13, 2008, 9:03:41 AM

sisaTao on
sisaTaoI really like this.=] The way this is going really makes me get into it. All the stuff about the Humans being sick, really makes me smile, because it can relate to stuff about me.^^ I like Jen, Shape shifters are pretty cool in my book.^^ Keep it up, can't wait to read more.^^ *Faves*

Zenshii on January 13, 2008, 8:46:06 AM

Zenshii on
ZenshiiLol Rick sounds interesting...lol x3 yesh it is a bit depressing but...not too sad xD can't wait to see more!! This is great! It's like a diary! I like it! *FAVZ*! xD *ish hyper*

homestarrunner097 on January 13, 2008, 8:18:25 AM

homestarrunner097 on
homestarrunner097Yes it worked!