Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

A very Irish girl moves to america, meets a very american boy, hates him starts a band with her new friends and tries to get her step-dad kicked out.

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2
Jared was in the garden doing some weeding for his mother, when he saw them.

He knew that they were family because of the red hair. It was dark red, with rich brown mixed in. Everyone apart from the man. He had blond hair and looked like he had been at the bottom of the food chain in high school, like the boys that the football team beat up three times a day for fun.

Then there was a slight woman with blue eyes and a heavy belly.

Next there was a small girl, slim and tanned; her poker straight hair was pulled back by an Alice band.

A tiny girl followed the first. Her hair was in bunches and she was in pink flowered dungarees and a white t-shirt.

He then saw a tall lean boy, whose muscles could be seen through his black shirt.

The last of them was a tall girl with her hair pulled back in a ponytail, and then curling wildly behind her. She came out of the car once she was sure the rest of them had gone inside.

He might not have written her up as anything special, seeing as he had just asked out the hottest girl at his school, but then she turned.

She was pretty he supposed, not really that much out of the ordinary way except for her eyes.

Her family’s eyes were all blue, even the blond weedy one. Hers were amber kind of like a tiger’s which contrasted oddly with her hair.

Red hair, orange eyes.

He didn’t know why exactly, but he found himself yelling “Hey Red, what’s up?” The girl jumped then put a hand over her heart.

Then she saw him. She narrowed her eyes wrinkled her nose, then grabbed a guitar case and suitcase and ran inside her house.

Zack felt a small twinge of annoyance. All right it was not the most polite way to address someone you didn’t know, but he was being friendly.

He stomped back into his house, just in time to hear his mother, Renata Harrison, on the phone with some random person.

“…no WAY Tandy! I won’t believe that he…now really…well, well…yeah there IS some new family moving in…yes, they’re supposed to be moving in today…” his mother nattered oblivious to the fact that her son had just walked in.

Zack walked upstairs to his bedroom and peered out of his window. There was a window directly across from his room. He saw a silhouette of a girl with a guitar case.

“Red!” he thought, filled with unwarranted excitement. At first he thought of yelling across to her but then he decided against it.

He saw her go into the bathroom and instantly ran into his, but unfortunately the shower wall was blocking his view of the window. He sighed and went back to his room.
He was relieved to see she had come back and was dropping a cat on her floor and buttering his paws like toast.

Then she set him down and he began to lick the butter off neatly.

Zack was so engrossed that he didn’t hear his mother calling until his little brother Pete came running up the stairs and into his bedroom.

“Mom’s calling, Zakky!” he said in a sing-song voice as he jumped onto Zack’s back. “Get off me,” Zack said, not really meaning it.

All his brother did was cling tighter.

Finally, Zack charged down the stairs with his brother clinging on for dear life.

“Zachary McGregor! I have been calling you for FIVE minutes, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?” His mother bellowed as he reached the bottom of the stairs. The grin that Zack had worn on his way down faded like a rainbow in a storm.

“Sorry mom,” he muttered.

“Sorry is not good enough!” his mother barked. “I have-”

But Zack never found out what she had, because then his doorbell rang.

Zack’s mother gave him a look that said plainly, “STAY HERE”, but the moment his mother turned her back, he began to creep up the stairs to his room, but the door was open and he could vaguely hear a conversation.

“Hi,” said a lilting musical voice. “We’re new in the neighbourhood, and we thought we’d come and introduce ourselves, if this is a good time.”

His mother turned to see her son fleeing up the stairs and said slowly, “Well…”

“Oh I see you’re busy,” the lilting voice said with a hint of a laugh.

“Yes,” Renata said distractedly, giving her son the evils.

“All right, would you like to come over for dinner? My husband makes excellent tagliatelle carbonara”

“Yes, yes. Now if you’ll excuse me.” Renata said rudely, slamming the door in the visitor’s face.

The guest smiled as she heard Renata get into full steam. “SO YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD ESCAPE DID YOU?! WELL I AM ABOUT TO PROVE YOU WRONG!”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment