Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Star light, star bright

100 little drabbles that happen in the Inu and co's life...
Some will leave you crying, some will leave you laughing, some will make you go "aww", and some will make the idea of killing me pleaseurable.
please comment

Chapter 9 - Star light, star bright

Chapter 9 - Star light, star bright
disclaimer: I don't own Inu.....cause if I did, Kikyo would be dead, Kagome and Inu-Yasha would have a zillion kids that look like the two scrambled in a blender, Sango would marry Miroku right now, and Sesshomaru would turn into Britney Spears.

ONTO TEH STOREH!

________________________________________________________________________

Shippo's aqua eyes sparkled as he gazed upon the millions and millions of twinkling stars. Each star looked like a over bright firefly that got itself stuck in the abnormally blue sky. The young kit sat on Kagome's lap, the girl's long ebony hair falling down on his head. But he didn't mind. Right now he was admiring the beauty that Mother Nature created.

"Kagome, what are the stars?" Shippo asked, looking up at the girl.

Kagome looked down at Shippo, a bit surprised by the question. She then looked up at the sky. Kagome smiled and looked down back at Shippo.

"Well, Shippo, they're fireflies. Millions and millions of special types of fireflies that only come out at night."

"Really?" the kistune asked, his gaze turning back over to the stars. He smiled. "I knew it."

Kagome sighed quietly as her consious then just kicked in. Sure, it was bad to lie to Shippo, but a little white lie wouldn't hurt. The kid's parents were murdured by god's sake - he deserves a bit of happiness in his life.

"Hey Shippo," Kagome started, shaking off her thoughts.

"Yeah Kagome?"

"Do you want to learn something from my time?"

Shippo grinned and turned around so he was facing Kagome. He loved to learn about all the wonders from her time. Shippo nodded hastily. "Yes please!"

"Ok," Kagome said, almost going into a giggling fit by seeing Shippo's enthustiastic face. "Well, it's a type of way to wish for something. You know how we wish on the Shikon Jewel here?"

"Yes."

"Well, in my time, one of the funnest things to wish on is the stars."

Shippo looked up to gaze at the stars. "Wish on the stars?"

"Yes, and there's a little ryhme to go with it."

"Yay!" the kistune clapped his hands merrily. He also loved the songs that came from Kagome's time. "Please tell!"

"Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight." As Kagome said this her eyes were directly on the stars, but after she was done she looked back down at Shippo, who seemed very interested in the ryhme. "After that, you make a wish, but don't say it out loud when you wish it."

"Ok." Shippo looked up at the stars. "Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight." A slight breeze carried on through the Fuedal Era as Shippo said this, and he felt as if the fireflies were watching down on him. Then he closed his eyes and made his wish.

"Kagome, guess what I wished for? I wish for-!"

But he was cut off when Kagome placed a finger on his mouth. She shook her head.

"Shippo, never tell your wish. Or else it will never come true." the school girl warned him. Shippo nodded.

***

About a month later, Kagome and Inu-Yasha confessed their love to each other. They got happily married, and took Shippo as their son.

_________________________________________________________________________________

:) I'm so proud of this one. I got the idea when I was at a friend's house for a Thanksgiving party. These two girls were playing chellos, and one of the songs they played was "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and Shippo's image suddenly popped into my mind. So..ya...

R&R

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

KagomeGirl98 on December 7, 2008, 7:41:04 AM

KagomeGirl98 on
KagomeGirl98SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!

My_Haunted_Heart_01 on February 9, 2007, 6:19:13 AM

My_Haunted_Heart_01 on
My_Haunted_Heart_01awwww....that is sooo sweet! I loved that! ^_^