Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Intro: What's Inu-Yasha?

A guidebook for people who are new to Inu-Yasha! (better summary inside)

Chapter 1 - Intro: What's Inu-Yasha?

Chapter 1 - Intro: What's Inu-Yasha?
Disclaimer: I don't own Inu-Yasha

Summary: Are you new to Inu-Yasha? Then this is the right guidebook for you! In this little fanfictioney thing, you will learn even more about Inu-Yasha (and people who already really know it might even learn some new points). Information about the charecters, info about the creator, the episodes, and much much more!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In the island of Japan, in the continent of Asia, many manga (japanese comic) creators reside, creating, well, manga! And one of the most popular manga creators living today made one of the most best manga ever. That manga is called "Inu-Yasha".

This is 'Inu-Yasha for Beginners'. Just simple info for people who are new to the manga and anime. Let's begin.

Creator of Inu-Yasha: Rumiko Takahashi

What is Inu-Yasha?

It starts off way into the past of Japan, in the Warring States, or 'Fuedal Era'. A teenage-looking boy was attacking a village. He had long silver hair, dog ears, gold eyes, and a red kimono (that was made out of the fur of the fire rat) and he was thirsty for revenge. The boy grabbed a sparkly, precious looking jewel from a hut and escaped out of the village. But, someone was waiting for him. A woman who looked about 20 was waiting, with a bow and arrow in hand. She looked like a priestess. The woman yelled out "Inu-Yasha!" and let the arrow go. It shot Inu-Yasha in his chest, pinning him to a tree (which is known as the Sacred tree (anime) and the Goshinboku (manga) ). His grip loosened on the jewel, letting it fall to the grass, before falling into a 50 year sleep. The woman (who we just had noticed had a terrible wound in her shoulder) grabbed the jewel, before falling over and dying, taking the jewel with her.

Then, fast forward to 1997, Tokyo, Japan, a 15-year old modern Japanese school girl named Kagome had the most strangest birthday ever. Her family lived in a giant shrine and she was trying to find her cat, Buyo, in the old wellhouse. When Kagome had found the cat, six great arms burst through the well, grabbing the girl and pulling her down. When Kagome looked, she saw a very strange creature; the torso up it was a six armed woman, but the torso down it was a centipide. The monster's name was Mistress Centipide. The creature was rambling on about something called the Sacred Jewel, while Kagome just then pushed the monster away with a strange bright light, making two of Mistress Centipide's arms come off. After the little joy ride in the well, Kagome finally fell to the bottom, shocked and astonished by what just happened. She climbed back up the well; only to see the shrine was gone! The whole city was gone! It was replaced by a beautiful forest. Kagome went through the forest, calling for her family members, when she see the Sacred Tree. Kagome ran over to it and saw the most wierdest thing yet.

There was a boy pinned to the tree. He had long silver hair, dog ears, gold eyes, and a red kimono. Now Kagome was confused beyond belief when; arrows shot at her and she was kidnapped by some villagers! While in the village, she meets the high priestess, Kaede, an old woman with an eye patch over one eye. Kaede helps Kagome adjust to this new era for most of the day but unfortunatley, Mistress Centipide comes back, nearly destorying the whole village. Kagome leads the monster away into the forest where she saw the boy. Once there, the boy awakes! He mistakens Kagome for someone named 'Kikyo', claiming that she looks and smells exactly like her. Then Mistress Centipide attacks once again. The monster attacks Kagome, biting at the school girl's waist, making something come out of Kagome. It was the Sacred Jewel. Kagome was then pinned to the tree against Inu-Yasha, watching helplessly as Mistress Centipide tranformed into an even uglier monster. But then, Kagome frees Inu-Yasha from the tree and he kills the demon with ease, making it seem like he was the good guy. The school girl gets hold of the jewel and asks about why she had a jewel that was wanted by demons. And you know what Inu-Yasha said?

"Exactly, humans can't have it, so why bother keeping it? If you hand it over right now, I won't have to start sharpening my claws on you" (that's what he said in the anime; he said a completely different thing in the manga.)

So he goes chasing over Kagome, trying to kill her and retrieve the jewel, when Kaede takes out this magical beads and places them over Inu-Yasha's neck. Kagome's word could trigger the beads (the word of subjication) , calming his spirit. And, since Inu-Yasha is a dog-like demon, her word is 'sit' which makes the beads pull Inu-Yasha to the ground in a hard impact. Those beads were the only way they could have Inu-Yasha get so close to the jewel. Then, Kaede mentioned something. Kagome was the reincarnation of Kikyo (which rather bothered Inu-Yasha, for he keeps claiming that Kagome is Kikyo; which Kagome knows already!).

In later time, Kagome was kidnapped by some bandits. The leader of them attempted to get the jewel from Kagome, but luckly good ol' Inu-Yasha came to the rescue. And then the jewel got stolen by a three-eyed crow demon. The demon ate the jewel, growing into an even uglier form (just like Mistress Centipide). Kagome, in an attempt to kill the crow, shot an arrow at it. It hit. But, it also hit the jewel. The Sacred Jewel cracked, shattered, and flew into thousands, maybe MILLIONS of shards across the land.

In even later time, they find out that a half demon named Naraku had made Kikyo and Inu-Yasha turn against each other. But we'll talk about that later.

Through the episodes and manga, Inu-Yasha and Kagome weren't just traveling by themselves. In their travels, they had met and joined up with: Sango, a demon slayer, Miroku, a lecherous monk, Shippo, a young fox demon, and Kirara, Sango's two-tailed fire cat companion. They were all (except Shippo) cursed with something from Naraku and decided to join up. Shippo had to join because his parents were killed. We'll also talk about that later.

Now, Inu-Yasha is an excellent show and manga, because unlike most other manga/anime, you can dip it at any time and soon figure out what it's all about. The love triangles are amazing (Inu-Yasha+Kagome+Kikyo, Kagome+Koga+Ayame and many more). It's chock full of hard core fighting and action, adventure, humor, romance, fantasy, and a delicate splash of gothic horror (mostly in the manga with the horror thing). The scenery and backgrounds are beautiful, the charecters are incredible, making the manga and the anime a perfect setting for any anime lover.

(that last part there was just to boost up your confidence!)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I hope you like it so far. Please don't flame me. I always wanted to do this for some reason, because, well, I just love writing down Inu-Yasha stuff!

Please comment, and tell me if you like it.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

AmmyK on January 3, 2007, 8:51:05 AM

AmmyK on
AmmyK*favs* awsome! i already know about Inuyasha, but i don't mind reading this at all! Please write more?

homiez502 on November 27, 2006, 10:25:20 AM

homiez502 on
homiez502*favs

yay more!!!!!!please!!!!!!!!