Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - One in a Million

Dib is tired of it all, a father who is never there, a sister who could care less, and classmates who just don’t stop tormenting him. Dib has finally snapped and become what everyone thinks he is…crazy! Or is he? Can the least expected person save hi

Chapter 1 - One in a Million

Chapter 1 - One in a Million


Summary- Dib is tired of it all, a father who is never there, a sister who could care less, and classmates who just don't stop tormenting him. Dib has finally snapped and become what everyone thinks he is…crazy! Or is he? Can the least expected person save him from himself? SURPRISE PAIRING! SLASH!!



One in a Million



Sometimes I wonder why I bother. Why do I try to prove something that people will never believe? Even if it's thrown in front of their pitiful faces. I figured it out a long time ago, humans only see what they wish to see, and if it in any way is unexplainable it doesn't exist. That's how it has been since the dawn of time and how it will be until the world ends.



I've been doing it for a long time, since I was 13. It was an accident at first then I became addicted to it, like pot or any other drugs that people use to escape their pitiful lives. I was in the kitchen cutting up some things for a new experiment I was trying to create. When it slipped and sliced my arm; I looked at it.



Blood dripping all over the tile floor. The cut was about one inch deep, not enough to kill me but, enough for it to let the pain go in a sweet crimson agony that is my life. I promised myself I wouldn't do it after the time I ended up in the hospital. That was until he left, I knew what and who he was. He had a Job, watch over his people.




He told me he wanted to stay, and that if he could find a way he would. Then just like that he left. It's been five years, five years of pain, sorrow, and regret. I can feel the cold steel of the sharp blade against my flesh, it alerts my senses, brings a rush of pain at first. Then it fulfills its purpose and makes me feel relief.




But why should I keep on living, everyone tells me everyday that I'm a burden, the bane of their existence. And if they don't tell me to my face they prove it with their looks and actions.
Dad is always calling me his poor insane son…, maybe I AM insane. So that's it I guess I'll do it tonight while everyone is asleep. Well if you count Gaz as everybody. Dad's never home as usual.



I slowly walk out of my bedroom, and quietly close the door. Gaz is a light sleeper and I can't have her jeopardizing everything I've been planning to do for months now. I walk down the stairs and leave a note on the counter. Even if no one cares I'll leave a note.




Gaz,




You and dad were right, I am crazy and my life I just a pointless lie. I'm not going to wait here forever until they carry me away in a straight jacket. I know you hate me, hell I hate me too. We've never been close but I just thought you should know that…well that wherever I'm going I'll miss you.



Dib





The moon is out tonight; one of the few things this planet can be proud of. It's a shame no one takes the time to look at it. I'm standing over the only part of town that hasn't been destroyed by construction and toxic waste, like the rest of the city. I breathe in the fresh clean air; the air not polluted by man yet.



The city is beautiful, especially from the top of the cliff overlooking it. These are the rare moments when I'm proud to be part of this planet, be human. But then I look at its inhabitants. All like the Primates we evolved from, only worse. Sometimes I think the primates are smarter that us. The bottom of the cliff overlooks the beautiful ocean. Its clear murky depths during the day, innocent. Yet during the night its black waters show mans regrets and the sorrow and wrath of Mother Nature.



I slowly walk closer to the edge. This is it…



You're one in a million,
sometimes love can hit you every day,
and sometimes you can fall for everyone you see,


But only one can really make me stay,
a sign from the sky,
said to me,




When I'm about to jump a voice calls out my name “dib!” That voice so familiar. I look back, no one is there. `First step to insanity is hearing things' a little voice in my head whispers. Again the voice calls out to me, only it's clearer, closer. “GOD WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS” I yell. I jump; the wind whipping at my face. The bottom is getting closer.



You're one in a million
You're once in a lifetime
You made me discover one of the stars above us
You're one in a million
You're once in a lifetime
You made me discover one of the stars above us




I close my eyes, suddenly I come to stop. I open my eyes expecting to feel pain, or at least see a light leading to the gates of heaven…or hell. But, all there is the black ocean waves hitting the side of the cliff. I'm slowly being lifted up gently.




I've been looking for that special one
and I've been searching for someone to give my love
and when I thought that all the hope was gone
A smile, there you were and I was gone




Once I reach the top two ruby red eyes are glaring at me, a mixture of worry, anger, and relief. “What did you think you were doing?” he nearly screams at me. I can't think of a response so I just look down ashamed. My eyes are becoming blurry and I feel something wet sliding down my cheeks…my tears.



I always will remember how I felt that day
A feeling indescribable to me
Yeah
I always knew there was an answer for my prayer
And you, you're the one for me




He lifts my chin up gently with a finger. He places his lips on mine; it's been a long time since I've felt such happiness; I never want to end. He pulls back and looks into my eyes. “Have you really been that miserable?” he asks me. I can't find my voice so I just nod.



In the beginning I was cool and everything was possible
They tried to catch me but it was impossible
No one could hurt me it was my game
Until I met you baby and you were the same
And when you didn't want me I wanted you because
The funny thing about it is I liked the show
I like it when its difficult
I like it when its hard
Then you know its worth it
That you found your heart




He wraps his arms around me, he holds me as if he ever let go he would lose me. “Promise me something Dib that you'll never hurt yourself again. He is referring to my wrists. “I promise, and promise you'll never leave me again” I say only it comes out in a whisper. He just smiles. “I promise
, I love you Dib”



You're one in a million,



“I love you…Red”



A/n- so what did you think??? As usual review!!!! Please this is my first RaDr (Red and Dib romance) with hopefully more to come, and for all you flamers out there I really don't care what you say!!!! Your flames will just make me laugh! Here I go ahahahahahahahahaha!!!!












Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

CryptoTheCat on July 14, 2006, 5:43:36 AM

CryptoTheCat on
CryptoTheCatWTF WTF WTF WTF !!! That was a neat story but dib and RED?!