Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - untold emotions

Umm this is a story of my character with my fantasys involved. Her name is Katame. Will she and her best friend Mark become more then that?
~katara

Chapter 1 - untold emotions

Chapter 1 - untold emotions
These are my characters, Mark and Katame. They are waterbenders in the south pole. The two are best friends and will they become more than friends? (Note:they have been working on an ice sculpture project for school)



Today Mark and I went looking for some berries to dye the sculpture with. We went through a "cleared" path and I smoothly tripped a few times. Mark helped me up! Hmmm... Anyways, we were going back home, while talking and laughing.
"Mark, today was fun."
"Yeah, it was!" he replied.
Then I looked at him, and he noticed me staring.
"I....," I muttered.
"Yes?" he questioned.
"I-I wanna tell you something."
"Hm, what?"
I then wanted to postpone this as much as possible. "Well, first you have to catch me." I ran.
He looked at me with a confused expression. "HEY, wait!" With that, he chased me around.

Well he FINALLY caught me after like 10 minutes and held me tight in his arms so I wouldn't escape, which made my heart run like a cheetah and sent goosebumps along my arms. I broke free of his grasp and turned around to see those blue pools of water where his eyes were supposed to go. (not literally)
Suddenly, I felt my face burn with fire and quickly looked away. I began to think of ways to tell him. Then i started thinking of ways of how to get out of this, I was about to chicken out like many times before.
"Mark...I," I started nervously.
"Tell me what you wanted to tell me! I chased you so would tell me so just tell me!" he said with a calm tone that somehow seemed anxious.
AsI looed into those eyes of ice that made me shiver, my emotions overpowered me, so I told him. "I like...you."
"Yeah I like you too. We've been friends forever, haven't we?" He responded with a cheesy smile on his face.
Boys are soo stupid.
"I like you more than that..." I said, being a little more specific.
"Oh, well I L..." the boy of my dreams stated and swiftly turned away.
"Yes?" I blurted out hopefully with my eyes gleaming.
"I don't like you like that." he said quickly and plainly.
"Oh..." I blushed terribly and started to walk away to think. I blew it! I ruined our friendship! I closed my eyes and warm trinkles of water slowly rolled down my scarlet face.
Hearing footsteps behind me, I did not want to look up. To my surprise, I felt a hand a bit larger than mine surround my right one.
"Katame...I-I...You caught me off guard. I...I really do l-like you like that." the smooth man I loved said stuttering, which was very unlike him.
We stared at each other for a moment acknowledging each others feelings and pink faces.
He broke the silence. "Well, what do we do now?"
We laughed like the two idiots we are. Then we started strolling back to the village.
"Even though I'm fifteen and one half, I've never had a boyfriend before."
"Yeah, i'm sixteen and never had a girlfriend before."

Before we knew it we had arrived at my house.
"Umm... goodbye! See ya tomorrow!" He said.
"Bye!"
We smiled at each.
I turned to go inside my house, but then he said, "Wait. I've been wanting to give you this for a long time."
I spun around, and he gave me a light kiss on the cheek.
I blinked and stupidly said, "Thanks."
We waved to each other,and this time I made it inside.
I joyfully skipped inside the house and shut the door behind me.
"So, are you and Mark a couple now?" my all-knowing mother shouted to me from the kitchen, slyly.
"MOM!" I replied with surprising happiness.


Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of my story!
Tell me whatcha think!
~katara

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SasukesGirl01 on December 17, 2006, 7:55:21 AM

SasukesGirl01 on
SasukesGirl01just like when i heard it the first time lol


that "and we laughed like the two idiots we are" part always gets to me

SaraJane on December 16, 2006, 6:50:40 PM

SaraJane on
SaraJaneNice! Good!
-SaraJane