Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - Prologue

James has always been different from evryone else but when Melexa the vampire tells him why his life takes an entirely new dirrection. Enimies will be made and eventually James will be forced to make a decision.Can he make the right choice.

Chapter 0 - Prologue

Chapter 0 - Prologue
James ran around the room of the center, he was playing tag with the older kids.
The Center is a welfare institution for the disabled. His little sister July is autistic and she had just turned one, James was five and the babysitter was busy. Times were complicated as his mother Jane was having a hard time getting July to understand. So she decided to seek aid in Christopher’s aid facility for the disabled. They had a good program for the autistic and Jane was glad she had joined with July.
Unlike his family James was a tan color. His hair was a darker brown and his eyes were green. Strangely when Jane had decided to adopt his eyes were pink, they had changed color over the years. Many of the sisters who worked at the adoption center called him a demon because of that.
James was found screaming like crazy in an abandoned old house; there was no singe of anyone else living there so they took him in. Demon or not he was still a helpless infant. At first they didn’t know what to do with him. He cried allot and no one would take him because of his eye color. “ How sad” Jane had thought.“ To be abandoned and hated and feared by the ones you love.”
So she and her husband decided on him. But soon she almost regretted it. James cried every night for no reason at all. “ He’ll calm down once he gets used to his new life.” She thought. But he didn’t.
James was generally a happy baby so it couldn’t be depression. She had tried everything but she could never find what he wanted on those nights. Neither could his father and it was irritating. When he turned one the long crying nights slowed. The doctor had thought he was suffering from withdrawal symptoms but dismissed it after the tests were negative.
He was always a happy little boy and when he was two his eyes had changed color and the crying stopped. They had changed to a bright green. He liked being by himself but always played if kids asked him to. At the park he would always give Jane flowers and wasn’t against any of the playground children. He’d even play dolls if one of the little girls asked him to and they were always fond of him.
He liked bright colors and rarely got sick. He couldn’t take naps simply because he had too much energy and he liked being outside at night. He was never afraid of the dark. One day when he was three he twisted his ankle. It was completely healed in only five days but Jane thought nothing of it.
James was always pretty strong; he could jump higher and out run the other kids. When he was for and his father was teaching him how to play soccer he kicked the soccer ball through a window on the third floor. They moved out after that and July was born. July helped James in a way only a little sister can, she taught him how to be gentle. When he realized how fragile she was he was afraid to touch her but she always wanted his attention so he eventually learned to be careful.
Now they always played and he helped her whenever she needed him. He was always the first one there with a bottle of a blanket. Jane was happy that he was becoming a good brother and things had gotten easier. But July was still pretty hard to handle. She didn’t like being near strangers and threw fits when she didn’t understand.
James looked over at his mother and sister, gave them a big smile, and continued to play. Jane turned back to the meeting. It was a hot day but the inside was cool. The women continued to talk about how to teach their children about tasks involving communication. She tried, she really did, but Jane couldn’t get July to pay attention to her. Which made it hard to do things out of schedule and if she didn’t at least try then July would panic even more.
This was expected though, after all July was only one. The meeting ended and Jane looked around but James was no wear in sight. She held July and wandered to one of the aids. “ No I haven’t seen him,” Mayomi said. Mayomi was a kind woman and would help anyone who asked.
James eyes widened. Were could James have possibly gone? At that moment one of the older kids approached shyly. “ Outside” he said. “ What?” She asked.
“Outside asleep.” He repeated. Jane then ran out the door, July still in her arms. She seemed to know something was wrong. “ James!?!” she called. She looked around.
He wasn’t anywhere. “ In the shed.” The boy said as his mother led him outside. “I can take July for you.” The mother said. Jane handed her daughter to the other women; she was someone Jane could trust. She sprinted over to the shed and tried to open it but the door was locked.
She kicked it and when that didn’t work she grabbed a nearby shovel and broke the doorknob off. The door opened easily but what Jane saw made her scream. James was lying by the door, he was still conscious. He had an allover sunburn. When the ambulance had taken his to the hospital they said he had suffered a massive heat stroke.
It wasn’t fatal and there was no permanent damage but it could have been much worse. He was lucky to be alive. There were only two things that couldn’t be explained. How could he have gotten sunburn so quickly in a room with no windows? And the second there was no explanation for.
His pink eyes had returned.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment