Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Bonds broken

James has always been different from evryone else but when Melexa the vampire tells him why his life takes an entirely new dirrection. Enimies will be made and eventually James will be forced to make a decision.Can he make the right choice.

Chapter 3 - Bonds broken

Chapter 3 - Bonds broken
It wasn’t that they weren’t best friends anymore that bothered him; it was the fact that Steven was his only friend. James didn’t have any other friends and was picked on a lot. Steven had to constantly fight off the urge to go help him when Tyler got in his face. Steven was angry and simply wished that he could go and apologize but his father had told him specifically not to be alone with James. If James knew what he was then that meant that a coven had decided to make contact.
If said coven knew that they were friends they could direct James to spy on them or they could kidnap Steven to manipulate their pack. Steven wanted to explain everything, about his origins as a werewolf. But if James knew, the coven who was trying to adopt him would find out, whether James told them or not, and would strike before James could be brought to their side. Stevens’s pack was basically protecting the humans from the vampires and halflings were also their jurisdiction. They were simply trying to maintain a balance so neither side could take over.
Under law no one could force James to go into the protection of the wolves. He was half human and the wolves had no control of the humans. They were free to choose. The werewolves’ weren’t law; they were just doing there best to maintain a balance. If the vampires were getting out of control they would interfere, although not all vampires were against law.
The head vampire had set laws for their people to abide by. Over the next two years Steven and James tried to simply pretend that they didn’t know each other. Melexa visited at the end of every month wile the rest of the coven fended off the wolves. They had only made small advances so no lives were lost; in fact there were hardly any fights. James tried to make friends but was mostly in the background.
Despite what her cousin, brother, and what most of the pack said, Rose clung to him during recess and was almost willing to do anything he asked. She was ten, he was twelve, but some how she had managed to keep the other kids from picking on her. All but one. She and James had settled into their usual spot by the building when Tyler’s basketball hit James in the side of the face.
“ Sorry girls, it was an accident. Oh wait you’re not a girl.” He said pointing to James. “Sorry I must have mistook you.” Tyler said. James had let his hair grow over the years, it was past his shoulders now and Tyler was willing to use almost anything to get to James. “ You know full well that James is a boy.” Rose said. “Hey it was a simple mistake, no harm done.” Tyler laughed.
She was about to yell at him when James stopped her. “ No, just leave it be.” “But James…” “ He wants me to fight back.” Tyler threw the basketball his head again.
James tried to ignore him. “ You can’t just let him pick on you!” Rose said. Tyler was about to throw it again when Rose ran in front of him. “ Oooh, it looks like James has a new girlfriend.” Tyler laughed. “ Shut up!” Rose shouted.
“ Oh, so he is a girl?” “ Rose...” James urged. “ No, I know it’s not my fight but I cant sit hear and watch him hurt you, it’s unfair.” Rose said. “ Oh, so you want me to hurt you too?”
“ Leave us alone! We didn’t do anything to you!”
“ You’re too noble for your own good Rose, be a good girl and get out of the way!” Tyler said in a mocking tone. Rose slugged him. There was a crack as her fist made contact with his nose. Tyler stumbled backwards as blood dripped down his face. He lunged and it broke out into a fight, within seconds other kids had started cheering them on.
Someone shoved through the crowd and pulled Tyler back, “ Keep you hand off my sister!” Rent shouted pushing Tyler back. Steven stood beside them. “ She’s not worth my time!” Tyler said stomping off. “ Thank you”
“ You idiot!” Rent shouted at his sister, dragging her into the building. Once they were safely inside he continued yelling. “ You could have killed him!” “ At least I was trying to help!” Rose shouted. “ Steven can handle him self” Steven said closing the door. “ A basketball to the head is as harmless as a pillow to him.”
“ You’re supposed to be his friend!” Rose said pointing to his wrist. Steven didn’t want to take it off. He didn’t know why but he was attached to the bracelet James had woven for him. Rose stomped away. “You’re setting a bad example for her.” Rent said.
“ You’re her brother, do your job.” Steven said.

Meanwhile James was in a janitors closet trying to calm his breathing. He hadn’t drunken blood yet and he didn’t want to start. He could still smell it. A tremor wracked through his body and without hesitation he opened the nearest bottle of bleach. Breathing deep, James forced the smell into his nose.
Bleach was one of the few things that James found that could completely eliminate the smell of blood from his system. He sat there until it started to sting his nose (which wasn’t too long.) and capped the bottle. James left the janitors closet and walked back to class. As he walked down the hallway he saw Steven leaning against a display case. He didn’t look happy.
“ I don’t want you around my cousin.” Steven nearly shouted. He stalked off into their nearby classroom. James starred at his shoes. Steven had every right to be angry Rose had almost gotten hurt because James wouldn’t stand up for himself. She didn’t know Tyler couldn’t hurt James, at least not a lot.
He could try as much as he wanted but Tyler could never put a scratch on James. James sighed and walked into class.
* * *
Steven was mortified beyond all reason. He quickly stomped up to his room and slammed the door. He hadn’t meant to but his mind was preoccupied with other things. “ Steve?” his father said poking his head into the room. “ …They showed the Health video, didn’t they?” He asked.
“I am never having kids” That made his dad, laugh. Apparently the school hadn’t spared any details. Steven already knew the specifics, he just hadn’t seen anyone give birth before.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment