Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - The two great blood wars

James has always been different from evryone else but when Melexa the vampire tells him why his life takes an entirely new dirrection. Enimies will be made and eventually James will be forced to make a decision.Can he make the right choice.

Chapter 4 - The two great blood wars

Chapter 4 - The two great blood wars
James didn’t know what was worse; the video he saw, or that the birth Sean was so bloody that his nails had left marks in his chair. The first birth they showed was a regular birth, the second was a C-section. He also had to have an awkward talk with his father. It was nice to see him since he was normally busy but the weirdness of it all took him off guard. And of course Melexa didn’t help anything either.
Apparently vampires had trouble conceiving and the blond figured he should explain it while the topic was still fresh in his mind. James wanted beat his head agents the wall, and then the topic of how Melexa switched from one gender to another came up. By this time James was supposed to be asleep. “ It…just sort of happened after I became full blooded.” He said. “ No one knows exactly what caused it, something in my mentors venom changed and his venom glands had to be removed. He hasn’t had another fledgling since. At first I tried to keep what was happening a secret but Navy found out and forced me to confess to him”
“ Who’s Navy?” James asked.
“ He and I are in the rose seven.” Melexa explained. “ We’re a little group pf oddities in the coven. Like outcasts only liked. Leks it the third to join. He’s like a berserker. If you get him too mad he’ll turn into a monster and go into rage. He’s got so much strength it’s hard to control him…And Navy is only part vampiric, He feed off of a chemical called ecstasy, He can smell and taste your hormone levels in the air. He can also turn into a puddle of blood. It’s an odd skill.”
“ Is that how he found out?” James asked. Melexa nodded. “ He knew something was up because I had an unnaturally high amount of testosterone. I think he was the second to join. I was the fourth and then there’s Blue…Her real name is Moon shadow, She can get into a persons dreams and control them. She’s the most recent to join us and she’s been one of my best friends since we were girls.” Melexa said.
“…That sounded wrong.” That made the vampire laugh. James was right, it did sound odd. “ What about the others? There are seven right?” James asked. Melexa nodded. “ The other three are the ones who started the gang. Jack (short for Jackobo) can hide in shadows and create demons from them. Reno (his twin) can do the same thing with sunlight. But instead of demons he can heal people. He also can sprout wings on occasion. They nicknamed him the white vampire, and then there’s Venda. She can control fire. They were called the Rose three after they destroyed a castle during the last war. (Which was a century ago) The groups grown ever since.” Melexa said.
“ So the wars… when did that happen?” James asked. “ The first blood war started in the dark ages. Back then we didn’t know what we were. There isn’t a lot written about it, just bits and pieces.”
“ The first few vampires got together as a way to survive when they discovered that they weren’t alone. Others from around the world started to do the same and pretty soon they all started to fight over “food,”
“ The Black plague contaminated humans and killed them off so it was hard to find blood. A normal Vampire can get the plague from Drinking contaminated blood or being exposed to it in sunlight. It’s because are defenses are devoted to keeping us alive long enough to get out of the sun light.”
“Anyway; because of this it was hard to find adequate blood to keep us alive, as I’m sure you remember, we cant create our own red blood cells, only white. Our bodies can’t create them without absorbing the right components. The fights kept going on and pretty soon more vampires were being created so groups had more forces.”
“ The fighting eventually humans in and it turned into a war between the two. There were few surviving humans and since werewolves came from humans they eventually joined the fight.”
“ Were-wolves?” James asked.
“ I forgot that you haven’t gotten to that yet. I’ll explain werewolves the next time we meet; it’s getting late. Anyway it soon became the vampires’ agents everyone. Most of the wolves thought of humans as lesser back then but some protected them. In the last great battle the humans won. They had the aid of some of the werewolves and forcibly recruited the few halflings they could find. They won using strategy.”
“ Back then halflings were looked at as scum, humans were “food”, not mates. It was looked at as a sick betrayal for a vampire to have a human mate. Halflings and their parents were normally executed.”
James took a deep breath. How horrible to be a halfing in the dark ages. “ The war ended just as the renaissance began. The vampires and werewolves went back into hiding and eventually they were only remembered as myths. The second war was how the laws were put into place.”
“ It began just after the renaissance. It was between the vampires and the werewolves. Both were fighting over territory constantly. We were sick of hiding but it was a new era. If the Humans got involved we’d be obliterated or in later times captured for study. But because of the baby boom there were more mouths to feed and halflings eventually grew in number. Then there was a massacre called the half blood holocaust”
“ Two wars at once, a war within a war. The few halflings that weren’t killed went into the protection of the werewolves. A few humans became involved again but no one believed their warnings. Then awhile later it was discovered that halflings could be integrated and turned into full-blooded vampires. The war had decreased the vampiric population and when this was discovered the half blood holocaust ended. This was around the time world war one ended.”
“ But we weren’t the only ones experimenting. When the halflings went into the protection of the were wolves a new breed was discovered.” The triple breed; a mix between humans, werewolves, and vampires. There were only two hundred so it’s extremely rare to find and when the wolves caught wind of our discovery they experimented with creating double breeds by trying to integrate halflings. Only one survived it but he disappeared. No one is sure if he’s even alive. Thire are rumors that there is a second but no proof of it. An even rarer breed was discovered just as world war two began. A naturally created double breed. Both sides were outraged by this. Of course the vampires were executed for blasphemy and some of those few children were taken in for war purposes and killed when there usefulness ended”
“ The same went for the were wolves only they didn’t execute the parents. They exiled them and their children into there protection.”
“ Eventually the few humans that were involved stepped in. All three parties negotiated a government of laws and the second blood war ended. Those few humans decided that it was time to set up a democracy for the world they had forgotten. The second blood war ended near the end of the great depression. After that war I was born.” Melexa concluded.
“ Wow… There’s so much I didn’t know about!” James exclaimed. “ I know, and you’ll be learning the specifics too. I should get going though, I’ve kept you up long enough.” Melexa said ruffling James’s hair. Within a flash he was gone. James got under the covers and stared at the ceiling. It was a lot to take in and there was still a lot more.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment