Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - An attack

James has always been different from evryone else but when Melexa the vampire tells him why his life takes an entirely new dirrection. Enimies will be made and eventually James will be forced to make a decision.Can he make the right choice.

Chapter 8 - An attack

Chapter 8 - An attack
Chapter eight
An attack

“ I can come back right?” Mena asked. “ Of course you can.” Moon shadow replied. “ This place is open to the both of you, but right now it’s not safe. You need to get back to the surface…James!” “ Huh?” James head snapped up. He had been staring at the floor, lost in his own thoughts.
If Stevens father was a werewolf, wouldn’t that mean Steven was as well? And what about His cousins? “Time to go. Moon shadow, take the back.” Melexa said taking James hand. Mena took James’s free hand and moon shadow took hers. They left the compound, linked by a chain, this was known as safety formation. Melexa stopped just inside the brick wall, Glanced in both directions and took of the way they came, jumping the canal and moving fast. The only sound they could hear was the wolves and Leks fighting and their own footsteps. They were about to jump another canal when suddenly a huge, black, wolf, was thrown. Just barely missing Melexa’s face followed by a loud growl and a thundering boom as it hit the wall.
The purple haired, bat creature appeared and lunged for the wolf. Several more dark wolves jumped on top of him. “ Back way! Now!” Melexa said letting go of James and taking the red, needle-like feather out of his hat. Moon shadow turned and ran in the opposite direction, just as one of the wolves jumped towards Melexa. James rounded the corner just as Melexa sliced the wolf in half, using his weapon like a whip.
Melexa ruthlessly sliced watch wolf open as they attacked him. His feather poisoned most but the rest were killed. Moon shadow kept pulling forward, never slowing her pace. Just as she was about to turn another corner two wolves attacked. One leaping on top of her, knocking her into the wall, the other joining the attack.
She kicked it off and blocked the second bite with her arm. “ GO!” She shouted and James pulled Mena around the corner at a full sprint. Mena was as fast as James and her pink eyes reflected what little light in the sewer. Just as they were about to jump another canal, Mena froze. A gray, big, wolf was blocking their path and it looked enraged.
Both her and James stood paralyzed in terror. Then Mena’s face turned serious. In one fluid motion she grabbed the scruff of James’s shirt and threw him to the left side of the canal. “ Go!” She shouted, turning and sprinting in the other direction. The wolf went after her.
James called after her and he wanted to follow her but she and the wolf had disappeared into the shadows. James was alone. How could he survive this? He didn’t know how to fight and it was terrifying. He could only take a deep breath and run like Mena had told him.
He jumped the canal and kept running. He tried to take a left but could see the shadows of a wolf and a vampire fighting and heard the sound of a bone breaking and a scream. He sprinted forward. This part of the sewer had no hatches to escape through. It looked like there was no way out.
The smell of blood was thick and the sounds of battle were the only thing that kept him from getting distracted. A growl echoed agents the wall and James froze. A Black wolf appeared behind him with blood dripping from its mouth. James jumped the canal and sprinted for his life. The wolf chased him around a corner with a howl.
He was calling others to the hunt. James was running as fast as he could possibly go with the wolf at his heals. James screamed for help as loud as his voice would allow. He took a left only to find a long dead end. As he was running he tripped, and fell to the ground.
He shielded his face and braced himself for the wolves’ sharp teeth. But, just as it jumped to attack, a brown/tan wolf collided into it, slamming it into the wall. It bit the black wolves nose, jumped back and planted it’s feet in front of James, letting loose a growl that promised death. Was this wolf trying to protect him? It looked familiar some how.
The black wolf looked even more enraged then before and growled in protest. It was about to attack when Melexa appeared from the shadow; covered in blood, and split the wolf in half with a red whip, spraying blood every were. The wolf let out a loud cry of agony and split apart. Both half’s fell to the floor with a sick thud. “ Thanks!” Melexa said as he dashed to James who was shaking in panic.
“ Lets go!” Melexa said, pulling one of James’s arms around his neck and hoisting him up. Melexa sprinted to the nearest exit he knew, leaving the brown wolf behind. At the first hatch he saw Melexa pulled James up through it. He closed it once they were on the surface. “ Don’t worried they wont come after you. Are you alright?” He asked.
When Melexa spoke James snapped out of it. “ Who was that? Were did you come from? Why did it protect me? Were did you get that? “ James blurted out all at once. “ I don’t know.” Melexa sighed. “ The wolf that protected you must have wanted you alive. Probably to bring you into their protection. As for the other; I’m not sure either.”
James gasped. “ Mena!” he moved to get up but Melexa stopped him. “ She found Moon shadow, they’ll be fine.” James settled. “ What do we do now?” he asked. “ You go home. Don’t let your family see you until you’ve had a shower.” Melexa said. “ It’s four so it’s a little early. You should hangout some were until the sun starts to go down.”
“O-ok.” James replied. “ … I have to go back. Will you be alright?” “ Y-yeah I will be.” James replied. Melexa disappeared beneath the hatch. This was not how he planed the visit.
Melexa honestly hoped that James wasn’t traumatized.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment