Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Who knew?

James has always been different from evryone else but when Melexa the vampire tells him why his life takes an entirely new dirrection. Enimies will be made and eventually James will be forced to make a decision.Can he make the right choice.

Chapter 14 - Who knew?

Chapter 14 - Who knew?
The next day was rainy and cold so everyone was in the cafeteria to dissect and the bird watch had been cancelled. Suzan refused to participate and actually started a riot with Tyler’s help. It was rare that they ever got along. Suzan hated the idea of dissecting a cat and Tyler just liked riots. So right now everyone was pilled in the cafeteria banging there fists on tables to the beat “ we will rock you”.

“ Buddy this aint right,
You know this is wrong,
I mean were just a bunch of high school kids!
We’re already screwed up enough,
And we’ll pack up our stuff,
And sit our butts back on that buss!
Sing it!” Suzan sang.
“ We don’t want to throw up!” the students echoed.

The teachers were dumbfounded by this protest. That is until the thunder boomed, then everyone yelped or screamed and Suzan fell of the table she was standing on. One of the teachers marched straight up to her, grabbed her by the arm, and dragged her into the kitchen area of the cafeteria. The other three teachers followed, one the counter so they could have privacy to yell at her. “Fight the power people!” Carrie shouted and Tyler started to bang on the table.
The protest started up again only it didn’t last long. Carrie ran out of things to say. So instead someone turned on the radio and the juniors played a game of dare. James quickly crept off and hid in the janitors’ closet. Tyler would always dare him to do something humiliating and James was not going to deal with it.
He’d had enough of being beaten up and humiliated by Tyler. But he also knew that if he fought back arguing would turn into a fight and James would end up killing him by mistake. James didn’t want to be a murderer. Hiding was pathetic, he knew, but he’d rather be pathetic at the moment. James sat on the floor to ponder.
He could still hear music. He wrapped his arms around his knees as isolation set in. He hated being alone but just as it settled James could hear voices yelling and a struggle. James got up to listen. The door was suddenly yanked open and some one crashed into him.
The door slammed and a click was heard. “ Damn it Tyler! This isn’t funny anymore!” James froze. It was Steven. Steven pounded on the door so hard James thought he’d break it.
He kicked it in frustration. The closet was small and cramped and it didn’t take Steven long to notice that he wasn’t alone. “ …James?” James froze again and pressed he back up agents the wall. When Steven turned to face his he almost caught his breath.
“ What are you doing in hear?” He asked concerned. “ I-I don’t like dare.” He stuttered trying to grin. Steven nodded. “ Tyler was dared to lock someone in the closet.” “ By who?”
“ Keith, who else? We might be in here for awhile.” In James’s opinion that was not good. There were already enough rumors flying around the school. The last thing he needed was for them to be confirmed. However he was distracted.
Steven was only an inch or two away from him as it was a very small closet. He could hear and feel him breath. James was currently trying to keep his hands from shaking. His heart was beating like crazy. Stevens scent was all around him, pretty soon thoughts crept into his mind.
James tried not to look at him but at the same time his eyes were glued on the yellow orbs in front of him. Meanwhile Stevens were lock on glowing green and his heart was being pulled in a direction it shouldn’t go. Steven could feel a burning in his chest and an ache in his throught. It had only been a short pause but the tension was driving them crazy. They hadn’t been this close to each other since childhood and that was entirely different from now.
Steven was about to say something when James surprised then both. He pushed him back up agents the door and kissed him. James yelped and backed into the wall, he hadn’t realized what he was doing before it was too late to stop himself. “Uh I didn’t -I-I’m”- James was cut off when Steven pulled him into a tight embrace. “ Don’t,” He said.
“I’m the one who should apologize.” James was stunned. “Don’t ever apologize. …I’m so sorry.” Steven was shaking. “ I shouldn’t have ditched you when you needed a friend the most he choked out.” Then he kissed James.
It’ was passionate but chaste and James melted into his arms. When they had to pull apart they could only stare into each other’s eyes. Then things turned quiet. That music that had been playing outside stopped. They both jumped when the doorknob shook and let go of each other. Steven turned around before it opened.
There was a click as the proctor pulled it open. He took one look at Steven (and James who was Trying to hide behind Steven) and shook his head. “ That kids twisted.” He muttered. It had been longer then they had thought. Apparently Suzan had been yelled at; after which she gave a rousing speech about morals.
The teachers couldn’t argue with her. But as a result the trip had been canceled and they would be going home the next day. Steven stuck near James. Only near though. They had been locked in a closet after all; no need to get more rumors going.
That didn’t stop Suzan, Carrie, or the other suspecting girls though.


* * *

Both girls were currently talking in whispers to the other girls as the cancellation arrangements were being made.
“ Do you think something happened?”
“ Oh definitely”
“ I didn’t even know James was in there.”
“ Why was he in there?”
“ Maybe he snuck in after Steven?”
“ No way. James isn’t that bold. Besides the door was locked on the outside too. Remember?”
“ So he must have been in there before it happened.”
“ But why was he?”
“ Oh! Maybe he, Keith, and Tyler planed the whole thing?”
“ Again; not that bold.”
“ Besides, Keith and Tyler hate him.”
“But why else would he be in there?”
“ Maybe he has a social disorder? James is pretty shy, and “Dare” couldn’t have helped with that.”
“ Or maybe he rally is on drugs.”
The group gasped.
“ …I heard it from the school nurse.”
“ Oh no way, he dose seem depressed but James wouldn’t stoop that low; he has a little sister.”
“ And she’s autistic, so he has to be really careful with the example he sets.”
“ She’ autistic? Hm… maybe James dose have some kind of hidden disability.”
“ Actually; James is adopted.”
“ What!?” The majority of the group screamed earning stares.
“ You guys didn’t know?”
“ Oh man! Now I really want to know what happened.”
“ Suzan I dare you to go up and ask.”
“What!? Why me?”
“ Because you’re the one who came up with this odd plan which somehow unintentionally got them both locked in the closet to begin with.” Carrie said giving her friend a glare. Suzan couldn’t argue agents it. She sighed, got up, and marched to their table. “ Guys?” She said grabbing the boys’ attention along with the others at the table. There was a short pause.
Suzan was wearing a very serious expression. “… Thanks for being in my group!” with that she marched back to her own table leaving them all very confused. “ See, I told you she likes you.” Said the guy in Stevens original group. “ Ugh” Steven hung his head exasperated. “ What the heck was that?” Carrie asked when Suzan re-took her seat.
“You’re right, it’s none of our business.”


* * *

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment