Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - Home

James has always been different from evryone else but when Melexa the vampire tells him why his life takes an entirely new dirrection. Enimies will be made and eventually James will be forced to make a decision.Can he make the right choice.

Chapter 16 - Home

Chapter 16 - Home
Since the trip Steven and James were inseparable again. Steven had moved the bracelet back to his wrist. But as inseparable as they were they still had obstacles. First would be rent. He and Rose sat with him at lunch and Steven wasn’t about to make James sit alone. But he knew Rent would pitch a fit if he knew they were friends again. Next would be keeping their romantic relationship a secret. From everyone. Of course there would also be the problem of keeping this from Navy; who would most likely tell Melexa. James knew, it would either be Navy or Moon shadow.
It wasn’t that Melexa was agents’ homosexual relationships. It was that Steven was a werewolf might not sit right. And the last would be July. She drew things she saw and if she got excited and decided to tell their parents about her brothers newfound happiness James wasn’t sure how to stop her without getting into a fight over the drawings. That would end in a huge fit and July would be mad at him for weeks.
Not only that but there was also Stevens family to deal with. Steven knew that his father would be shocked along with Rose and Rent certainly would not be happy for him. Heck he wasn’t happy about them just being friends. Yes the boys’ certainly had their hands full.
James was currently explaining July to him during lunch. “So she draws whatever she see1?” “ Heh, yeah. James replied.” “ Steven.” Rent and rose had appeared behind him. “Hi James.” Rose said trying to break the tension.
She sat down between them. Rents anger didn’t diminish at all. In fact it went from red hot to ice cold in seconds. “Can I talk to you alone.” “Whatever you have to say, say it hear.” Steven told him.
His glare was even more fearsome then Rents. Rent looked like he wanted to break something. “ Steven!” Steven ignored him. Rent growled.
He gave up and sat down next to his cousin. “ What are you doing you can’t trust him!” He whispered. “ Yes I can.” Steven said plane out. “ You actually trust that…thing?” Rent whispered enraged. “ That thing is my friend and he can hear every word you’re saying.” Steven said stubbornly.
“ Make it leave.” Rent hissed in his ear at a lower tone. “ No.” Steven said, crossing his arms. Rent almost let loose an inhuman growl. “ You know what they did.” Steven continued to glare coldly at his cousin. There was a short pause.
Steven was silent. Rent stood. He gave James an icy death glare. “ Get up Rose.” She didn’t move. “ Rose!” He practically shouted.
She sighed and stood. Rent grabbed her arm and stalked out of the cafeteria. “ I’m sorry James.” “ It’s okay” He replied. “ No it’s not.” Steven said.
“ Some people are just stubborn.” James said. “ It’s not your fault.” James wasn’t sure why Rent hated him. He just knew that he couldn’t do anything.

* * *

“ I can’t believe him! After everything Vampiric kind has done to us.” Rent huffed. “He’s turning his back on us.” “ No he’s not!” Rose nearly shouted. “ He’s just being a good friend. You know that.” “ Oh what, ditching his family for an enemy?” He said.
“ Not every Vampire is our enemy! And James is human Rent!” Rose shouted. “ After everything they did!?!” “ That was a long time ago! And the Thorn had nothing to do with it and neither did James so suck it up!” “ Yeah! Easy for you to say! You were only two! You didn’t understand what happened! You don’t even remember!” Rent yelled. He expected his sister to scream something but instead she looked like she wanted to cry. “JUST BECAUSE I DIDN’T UNDERSTAND DOESN’T MEAN IT DOSNT HURT!!!” She shouted. “ …And I do remember.” She turned around and stomped away. “ Rose!” “Don’t talk to me!” She sobbed. With that she ran down the hallway. “ I do remember. …I remember everything.”


* * *

Steven and James had gotten up to walk around. They knew Tyler would pick a fight the second he finished his lunch and neither wanted to deal with him. The two had been catching up again when they hear someone sobbing. Steven knew exactly who it was. Rose was curled up in a ball next to a locker, trying to get the sobs to stop.
James was shocked. He had never seen her cry before. Rose?” Steven said putting a hand on her shoulder. “ I hate my brother!” She shouted. “ Rose.”
“No! I’m sick of it!” She looked Steven directly in the eyes this time. “ He’s a raciest jerk who’s holding a grudge that’s messing up everyone’s lives! And he thinks he’s the only one in pain, What about me!?1 I don’t even have friend I can talk to when I need advice! Girl advice! But I got over it! He doesn’t seem to care that I lost some one too!”
Steven hugged his cousin as she cried. “ Yes he dos.” Steven honestly wanted to beat some sense into Rent. James watched the scene. He’d do anything to make it all stop.
He really didn’t like Rent at the moment.

* * *

The rest of the day had gone by slowly. Even dinner moved slowly. James was happy when it was finally time to sleep. He wanted to forget. But just as he was getting into bed someone knocked on his window.
He got up to open it and was surprised to see Steven pushing up the glass. “ Hi.” He said. “ H-hi.” James replied. “ Can I visit? I-I know it’s late.” “ Sure!” James almost blushed. He hadn’t meant to answer with so much enthusiasm. Steven climbed inside as the cold wind blew. It was going to snow soon. He shut the window. James’s room hadn’t changed much since Steven last saw it.
“ What’s the duct tape for?” He asked looking to the bedside table. “... Stuff.” James muttered turning his head to the floor. “ What kind of stuff?” Steven asked stepping closer to him. He couldn’t help it; James was adorable.
James didn’t want to lie but the idea of explaining that particular problem was horrifying. How was he supposed to explain this? “...Uh...” James blushed. “ How’s Rose?” He blurted.
“ She’ll be fine.” There was an awkward pause. Steven brushed some of the hair out or his friends face. His eyes looked worried. He would do anything to make that go away. Before he knew it Steven pulled James into a gentle kiss.
James melted. He never wanted this moment to end. Never.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment