Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - I like where we are

James has always been different from evryone else but when Melexa the vampire tells him why his life takes an entirely new dirrection. Enimies will be made and eventually James will be forced to make a decision.Can he make the right choice.

Chapter 18 - I like where we are

Chapter 18 - I like where we are
After awhile it started to snow. And James had no idea how he could be cold since it was warm is Stevens arms. “ C’mon, were both soaked.” Steven mumbled. He grabbed James’s hand and pulled him up. They both walked out of the woods together hand in hand, and into the house.
James almost had a heart attack. His heart was silenced when Steven pulled out some of his cloths and tossed them at his head. Steven shook his head and smiled as he headed to the bathroom, he couldn’t tell what the other had been thinking but he was obviously in a daze. “ Stupid hormones.” James thought as he switched cloths. They were baggy but it didn’t matter to James, he liked them all the same.
Steven almost stared when he bumped into James in the hallway. The two exchanged smiles before heading downstairs and sitting on the couch. “Nice P.Js” James giggled. They were blue with yellow polka dots. Winking smiley faces had been draw on them in permanent marker witch had just barely begun to fade.
“ Rose’s prank. They’re the only P.J.s I have.” Steven said. “ Nice toe nails, July?” James blushed and scratched the back of his head. She had painted then purple a few weeks ago but they hadn’t even started to chip. Steven laughed. “ S-shut up!” James said.
“ I should put our cloths in the dryer.” Steven said getting up. While he was doing that James thought about what Rent had said. How exactly was his mother taken? Was she poisoned with vampire venom? Fed on?
Maybe just killed in a fight? He honestly didn’t know. Maybe she had transformed into a vampiric werewolf? Melexa had told him that if the wolf was strong enough to survive the conflicting venoms and the change in D.N.A then either the wolf gene would overpower the venom or the wolf would become a hybrid. But that would also depend on whether or not she was born a werewolf or adopted into the pack and given the gene.
It was all very confusing and James wanted to ask how she died so he could console Rent. He knew that if he couldn’t Rent and Steven would always be fighting when James was involved. James didn’t want to be the one to keep the two apart. They weren’t only in the same pack but their fathers considered each other family. But who could James ask?
Stevens mother had died when he was only four and he often had a hard time talking about it. This would be a sore subject. Steven came back and sat on the other side of James. He could hear the dryer humming. Steven took one look of James’s face and knew what he wanted to ask.
Steven turned his head to the T.V. “…She was eaten by a clan of vampires that tried to invade along time ago. The only thing left of her to bury where bones.” James’s eyes widened in shock as he realized who he was talking about. “ We had been at the leaders cabin, pack headquarters. We were with some of the younger wolves.”


* * *

Steven ran as Rent raced him down the hallway. Just as they were about to reach the stairs Steven tagged the railing. “ Ha, ha! I win!” The five year old chanted. “ No fair! You’re taller then me!” The three year old whined. Both boys froze as they heard the front door close.
Voices were heard, some were sobbing, other whispering and one was yelling. “ Cover her up I can’t stand the sight anymore.” The leader ordered. Both boys rushed down stairs to see what was going on. The living room was crowded with men and women, all nude, some injured. The boys paid no mind as they waved through them.
Rock (who’s hair hadn’t grown out yet) was cradling something wrapped in a sheet. The smell of blood was thick in the air as the man worked back and forth trying not to sob. The tears wouldn’t stop. Steven father had an arm around his shoulders trying to calm him. “ Daddy what’s wrong? What is that?” Rent asked.
“ Go upstairs.” Steven father ordered. “ But- GO UPSTAIRS!” he shouted giving Steven a serious look. He backed up but Rent ran forward and grabbed the sheet. “ Honey no!” One of the teens said as she grabbed him. But he didn’t let go.
The sheet came off. Rent’s eyes widened in shock. It was a skeleton stained with blood and had scratch marks all over it. The left, yellow eye, was still in its socket. Some of its hair was still attached to a piece of clinging flesh. It was midnight black.
The only few in the pack who had that color were the girl holding him, Rose, and his mother. “ Momma?” he whimpered. He was trembling in the girls’ arms. “GET HIM OUT OF HEAR!” Rock shouted. He left the remains as he and the girl ran to the next room.
Steven Threw up on the floor just as Rent started to scream.

* * *

James was in shock as Steven tried not to break. “ He threw a fit after that and nearly transformed for the first time. It woke Rose up but she never saw anything.” He choked out. His throught ached so much he wanted to throw up. Just to make the pain go away. James squeezed his hand before pulling him into a tight embrace.
He buried his head in the crook of James’s shoulder and shook as he tried not to sob. They sat there for a few moments in silence as James rubbed his back softly. “ I can still remember it all so clearly…I can’t get it out of my head.” James didn’t stop rubbing his back until the shaking stopped. He wanted Steven to feel better and would give anything for that.
He pushed Steven back to face him and took his face in his hands, giving him a gentle kiss wile brushing the tears away with his thumbs. He wrapped his arms around James’s neck. He wanted so badly just to melt but he knew his father would be home soon. They pulled apart to stair into each other.
“ Thank you.” Steven whispered. Just then the doorknob twisted. Steven and James practically jumped to opposite ends of the couch. They both sat stiff facing the T.V. as Steven father came in. “ Oh, hi guys!” He greeted the two as he removed his coat and shoes.
He leaned over the couch on his elbows. “ Long time no see James, how have you been?” “ Good.” James replied. “ So, what have you two been up to?” “ Watching T.V.” Steven blurted.
“…Steven? The TV’s not on.” His father said. Steven could have kicked himself. “Found it!” James said too enthusiastically as he picked up the remote. The T.V flickered to life and the boys began to surf channels. Steven father could have laughed but opted to shake his head and head towards the kitchen. James had to suppress giggles.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment