Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 22 - End

James has always been different from evryone else but when Melexa the vampire tells him why his life takes an entirely new dirrection. Enimies will be made and eventually James will be forced to make a decision.Can he make the right choice.

Chapter 22 - End

Chapter 22 - End
The rose seven and Stevens pack had practically sprinted a day behind Rent and James. When they attacked things got heavy. Pandora was captured and handed over to the government. She was too unstable to go free. All evidence had been cleared out and a story put in its place.
“ They” had mistaken James for a wring leaders son who had gone missing a year before. The “ Drug wring” had kidnapped Steven in hopes of a trade. Rent and James went after them. The police tracked them down and every one who had actually been in the “drug wring” had been arrested. Case closed.
The rumor behind James’s wound was that a wolf had attacked him on his way to the hide out, a regular wolf. Maybe doped up on steroids but nothing more. Steven healed just fine once the drug was out of his system. James had been put in the hospital. He had suffered a fever, which was dubbed an extreme allergy from the werewolf venom that had gotten into his system.
The doctor he had seen before had re-tested him for multiple allergies and updated his file, which was now under lock and key by order of the Thorn. Steven visited as often as possible, whether visiting hours were closed or not. Surprisingly James had figured out how to stick to walls and ceilings. The werewolf venom had triggered some of his remaining dormant abilities to emerge. After about four weeks James was healed completely. Not scars what so ever.

“ So a war is coming.” “ That’s what she said.” Melexa sighed. He and James had been discussing Pandora’s plans by twilight. “ Covens and clans are getting tired of hiding. There’s not much we can do to stop it.”
There was a long pause. James knew. He knew he had to pick a side and he had already chosen. It was something he had been trying to decide sense he learned of Stevens involvement with the werewolves and now it was clear. The job of ambassador to the wolves had been up for grabs and he was eligible.
No one had taken it. He would. The thorn needed a link to them. Someone who knew them well and could negotiate between the two. The different pack leaders that had been involved with them had agreed.
The choice had been obvious to Melexa but because James was still in high school he didn’t pressure him. Of course he’d be out of high school soon. Well…soon by their standards. James was going to be a member of the thorn but he would be working with the wolves if they needed his service. “ You sure?” Melexa asked.
“ Absolutely.” James was dead serious. Melexa sighed. “ Moon shadows gonna be ecstatic.” James almost squealed. Almost. “ Welcome to the coven.”

* * *

The next weekend Stevens father was out of town. He would be back in the morning so Steven had invited James over. James had taken a call in the hallway on his cell (after Steven had nearly pulled up all of the floor boards in his closet to find the thing.) Steven got up and headed to the bedroom door the listen. The hallway was quiet, that’s when the door swung open.
James a sitting on the ceiling with his hair untied. “ Theysaidyes!” He blurted. It was so fast it came out as one word as James jumped up on the ceiling. “yougotthejob!?!” Steven asked. “ Igotthejob!”
Both boys squealed and started jumping in excitement. “Whyarewescreaminglikeschoolgirls!?!” Steven said. “Idon’tknowmabyitwastheicecream!” They both screeched again in the same manner. That is until James and knocked Steven over. “That was random.” Steven laughed. “Yeah.” James replied. For a moment there was nothing, nothing but the two of them. “ I love you.” Whether James meant to say it aloud or not didn’t matter. “ When I was alone…ish seeing you, even if it was in the background, kept me from dieing inside.” Steven was almost speechless…almost. “ I love you too. You’re the only reason why I could get out of those chains.” What happened next said it all.

(Removed scean: why? cus I know kids don't listen to the warnings. May change my mind. if you'er interested say so.)
* * *

Stevens father had entered his sons’ room the next morning to drag him out of bed and nearly had a heart attack. Steven was asleep, in the arms of his best friend. Naked. Little James, the boy who couldn’t go to sleep without saying goodnight to his little sister, who was so quiet that he often didn’t hear him enter the room, had his son wrapped in his arms, in bed. He thought about alerting the boys’ mother about this but though better of it and settled for quietly backing out of the room and closing the door in shock.
He stood frozen for a moment. “ I should get Steven a health book about this.” He said aloud to himself before heading to his own room. He knew one thing for sure; they were not aloud to be alone in the house anymore.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment