Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - 2

A sequel to a Edocatastrophi's story. I strongly advise reading the original first. There's sex in her though. Well here's a link to her DA account. Just look for the story called "Life in a Lab".
www.edocatastrophi.deviantart.com

Chapter 2 - 2

Chapter 2 - 2
"Doctor! I brought you the paperwork." I turned my lazy gaze over to the slim boy. The short blond dropped the paper on the desk with a gentle grin. I faintly smiled back. The boy went running back down the halls, colliding with a nurse. Another smile tainted my pale lips as thoughts about a 'past life' filled my head. Realizing the memories floating through my mind were all behind me was hard to accept. You can't just live one life and completly forget it to live another. Impossible.
I reached to my shoulder to play with a strand of hair. There was none.
"Oh yeah," I said quietly to myself. "I cut it." I reached for my shorter hair and ruffled it slightly. "It's so different now. I keep forgetting. It's not then anymore; it's now. About one hundred years since that day. That day that changed my life... for good." Most people assumed that there would be flying cars and a cure for cancer, but we've barely gotten past cloning and we still don't have a cure for the common cold. I always wanted to go to the furture, but this isn't what I expected. It's not much different from then, other than the styles have changes many times. Being goth, emo, or gay is now 'uncool' and hippies are retro. I continued my thoughts as a person came up to my office. I never heard the man approach me from behind.
"You know," the deep voice murmured, placing his hands on my shoulders. I jumped slightly at the contact and familiar voice. "If they hear you taking to yourself like that they'll put you in a hospital. And I don't mean one for wounded people." I grabbed his hand gently, looking up into the deep eyes of the being above me. "Your shift is over right? Let's go out for coffee."
"Sure," I replied. I grasped his hand as he helped me to my feet. We were barely able to walk out of the office before I was mauled to the ground. A large, wet tongue ran up my face.
"Nice boyfriend," my taller buddy replied. "He's a little harry, don't you think?" I shot a glare at him as I wiped the slime off my face.
"Real funny, Clair. Next time maybe he'll get you." I stood up again calling the dog to come with. He followed, chomping at my feet. Clair smiled and seized my freezing hand playfully. I chased him down the hallway, him a few strides ahead of me because he's like a foot taller. Abrupty, I was tripped by a furry mass of animal. I braced myself, knowing my face was about to hit the floor. I made no contact with the tile, but instead Clair stopped and rescued me from the bloody fate of a broken nose.
"Idiot," he laughed as he dropped me a short distance and continued running down the hallway, barely avoiding a gurney, more commonly known as a stretcher. The nurse pushing it threw a uncapped needle at him, inlodging in his hip.
"dog," he hissed at her. She just shrugged, ramming the gurney at him, knocking him to the ground. The woman, wait man, transfestite, on the stretcher sighed as he/she/it crossed it's arms. The pink hair hung around it's shoulders. Damn I miss my long hair. Why did I cut it? It batted it's eyes at me in an almost flirty kinda of way.
"Will we get going now," it growled at the petite attendant. She blushed and ran over the large lump on the ground also know as Clair. The wheels squeaked as they rolled down the artificially-lighted corridor.
He continued laying there, taking a cigarette out for his coat pocket. Without even lighting it he placed it to his lips. He has never actually taken a drag off one for as long as I've known him, but he always carries a box for some reason. I guess he was diagnosed with lung cancer. He told me he freaked out and quit, cold-turkey. It turned out it was a mistake and he was perfectly healthy. I suppose it kinda got to him.
"You okay?" I walked to his side. He waved a hand at me. "You're slightly stupid."
"You think?" His body lurched forward with my help. "I really need coffee now," he said, putting the unlight cancer-stick back in the carton.
My attention turned to his feminine curves. Just like I remembered him. I jerked the neddle out of his side.
"You dog," he moaned, throwing his head back. I want him so bad, you wouldn't believe it. I always wanted him. He reminds me of... of some one I once knew.
"Come on you girl," I commented, pulling him to his feet. We continued our trek down the white-washed walls of the clinic. Nothing more eventful happened on our short walk, thank God, to the double doors.
The blazing rays of the sun shined on our skin. Damn that whole in the ozone layer. Clair pulled up his hood from under his coat and I whipped out a parasol to shield my sensitive eyes. It wasn't really a strange sight to see a man carring something like that. Infact, it was quite common. The sun was more damaging to the skin and body nowadays so people try to stay covered.
"There a cafe down the hill about a block away," he murmured, gesturing to his right. I nodded and we headed down the sidewalk as tubes that carried people whirred above us. Just kidding. No tubes were there. If there's no flying cars why would there be tubes. It ain't 'Futurama' here! Anyways... The promenade was rather short. We reached the coffee shop in no time.
The quaint building had an older day feel to it. The tarnished wood structure made it feel almost like home to me. We ordered our coffee and taked until the sun lingered on the horizon of tall consructions.
We said our goodbyes and head in opposite directions. The purple sky gave me light enough to stroll down the pavement without tripping. I passed a familiar place. A place I never want to enter again. The lack of light some how wanted me though. It called to me. I stopped to look at the walls of the ancient place. I so wanted to go back. I pondered for a while. My eyes skimmed over the area. Wait...
"There's a window..." That wasn't there before! The lights went on, illuminating the darkened road near it. I covered my mouth with my palm, trying to hold back a scream. Someone is in my lab! But who. Who would've been able to get in. Who would want to get in.
I went around to the backside of the building, searching for the door I blocked off so many years ago. The wood was removed from it. Someone's inside.
"I don't get it!" I mumbled to myself. I lightly opened the door. A putrid sent of mold and death hit me as I gagged on the smell of so many experiments. I was no longer used to the feeling of death surounding me and for some reason I missed it. I wanted my old life back, but I didn't want to lose Clair. I carefully stepped over the threshhold and into my old life and forgotten memories.
One last look into the navy blue heavens before a spoke. "I pray I don't stay. Carry me out of this reatched building before I'm engulfed in an old world."
I turned back to the obscured passage of another life.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment