Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - 4

A sequel to a Edocatastrophi's story. I strongly advise reading the original first. There's sex in her though. Well here's a link to her DA account. Just look for the story called "Life in a Lab".
www.edocatastrophi.deviantart.com

Chapter 4 - 4

Chapter 4 - 4
Warning, if you go shopping with a woman, set a price or weight limit. No one's back can hold three hundred pounds of clothing and makeup. She was running, not to far ahead of me, piling stuff into my arms. I think Walmart loved me and my wallet then. Yes, there is a few Walmarts in the future. Other places have taken over other smaller store, but Walmart lives.
Her thin frame looked even smaller in an old shirt of mine. She sleeves covered her frantic fingers as they searched through the shelves of jeans.
"Why don't we have a cart?" I asked, staring at her from around the heap of fabric in my arms. She looked at me like I asked if she wanted to jump in front of a moving bus. Quickly, her eyes darted back to what she was doing like a child with ADD.
Eventually, she allowed me to get a cart. I was afraid my back would snap without one. I tried to avoid the beauty products section, but her makeup vision kicked in and found it.
"Do you want to dye your hair back to a prettier color?" I asked, trying to sound polite. I haven't been with a woman in a long time and I don't remember how to treat them. The look in her eyes was a looks of hurt, like I stabbed her. "I didn't mean to be mean! I just though... you would like to dye your..." I looked down at my feet, kicking away invisible dust. Arms wrapped around me, gently and causiously at first, but turned into a tight bear hug. She's been through so much hurt. Her head nodded, telling me that we had to waste about fourteen more dollars.
The aisle wasn't too far away; in fact, it was just around the corner. Her nimble hands ran alond the boxes, almost reading the colors through her fingertips. She closed her soft eyes, continuing down the rows. She seemed at peace, in her own world yet everything must come to an end.
Her eyes snapped open, staring at a reddish dye. Not a firey red, but more natural. She grabbed two of the boxes and tossed them into the cart. I smiled, despite the fact she was running up quite a bill. Something about her lit me heart on fire with passion. Her eyes slowly gained more life, revealing love and hate.
The thin frame of her body pranced down the aisle further to rest gentle orbs on the multicolored brushes. Her slender hand fell onto one; a bright green handle with darker bristles. She smiled, gently, turning herself in my direction like she was asking for my approval. I nodded, not knowing if that's what she expected. Still, she ran back up to the cart, gingerly placing the item on the clothing like a sleeping child.
An elderly woman watched us from the greeting cards aisle. She must have thought we were a young couple in false love, but she was wrong. She sneered slightly and went back to reading the birthday card in her wrinkled hands. She must have been around one hundred-fifty or something.
A trip through a store is like a stroll through a mine field if you're the one paying. Every wrong step could cost you an arm or a leg. The girl ran me up about three hundred dollars with the 'essentials'. Why do I try. Still, the need in her eyes tugged at my heartstrings, telling me even if I'm now poorer, it's worth it.
A gentle flow of sweet oldies flowed into my mustang. It was a fair sized car, small enough to fit in the garage, yet large enough to hold me and all my junk that couldn't stay in my house. I got it for half the price it probably originally costed from some rich man with thirteen other new cars. I could care less, though; I was happy with what I got. All I wanted was something with wheels and a stereo.
I slowly creeped into the driveway that connected my home to the road just next to it. The girl was sleeping in the passenger side, her seat at a hundred thirty degree angle. No lights were coming from Kaden's house. He must be gone. The car gently lurched forward as though it wanted to never stop, but all things need ot rest. I shut hte beast down and turned my attention to the light noise that came from the delicate mouth from the being near me.
I tugged on the material of the girly shirt she was wearing. She changed in the car so now her feminine curves were accented by the somber colors. She pulled away, protesting. A smile jerked at the corners of my mouth. Sleeping people are alway so comfortable to be around. You don't need to be perfect. They don't say a thing about what you're wearing. They're just, there.
I gently touched the soft skin on her arm, causing her should to jerk away from my cold fingers. She glanced at me and smiled, groggily.
"Hey," I murmured. "We're home." It felt odd to say that, since I was the only one living there. We walked along the paved path to the porch where Kaden rested. I paused to look at him for a moment and he waved to aknowledge my presence. I grinned, half-heartedly, not really caring. The girl bounced into the house, now full of energy.
She plopped down on the couch, just next to the door. I entered the room and glanced at her. The large, black dog from work was resting under the coffee table, snoring like a baby. I always wondered how he got under there. I thought he was a German Shepard at first, but sometimes I just don't know.
"You hungry?" I asked, already heading into the kitchen. The girl nodded when I looked back. A loud whistle reverberated off the walls causing the large beast to shoot his head up, making a thud on the table just above him. He looked at me, knowing I made the noise. I grinned and tried to snap my fingers, but failed. I usually can, though.
"Jackle!" I yelled. He crawled out from under the table with a guilty grin on his face. He had a tendency to do that when he thought he was in trouble. I gestured to the back door, leading to the patio and outside. His nails clicked on the hardwood floor when he crossed the kitchen, keeping a watchful eye on me. Jackle pushed the screen door open with his snout and trotted out.
"Go potty, now." He looked at me and cocked his head. I laughed a pointed towards the trees just outside my home. His head followed my hand and he ran off into the bushes. I turned to the refrigerator, chock full of nothing. Milk, ranch dressing, nacho mixes, beer, eggs, butter, lots of cheese, and something from two weeks ago is all I had in there. I reached for a few items, maneuvering around others, and pulled out the milk and butter.
"Do you like macaroni and cheese?" I asked, leaning around the wall to look at the being on my couch. She cocked her head to the side in confusment. "I guess you don't know what it is." I turned back to the water on the stove. Sometimes I forget. She may even be from a different time period. Like from the past. Maybe even older than me.
I stared at the liquid boiling in front of me. I'm so confused. Why did Lust entrust her with me. I know nothing about women. I haven't had to deal with them in over a hundred years. The watched steam danced above the pot, trying to swoon itself before its short life ended with a gust of wind. I poured to noodles into the water and sighed.
I drained all the water once the noodles were tender. "Food's done," I said, pouring the rest of ingredients into the pot. She rose from her seat, entering the kitchen causiously looking around. A small noise from benhind me signaled that Jackle pushed the sliding door open again.
I pulled two bowls out of the cupboard. She just watched, slowly petting the dog with her foot. He, also, watched me move like an animal on display. I must have seemed nervous, trying to rather the few things I need. I actually wasn't living in the house long so some things were confusing and I didn't know where everything was.
I set the table, complete with large glasses of milk. The girl sat on the opposite I did, staring into my eyes. I lifted the eating untensils off the table, readying them to eat. "I hope you like cheese."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment