Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - watery reflections

She watched the reflections ripple gently across the water. Her tears fell for a darkend soul filld with hate and sadness.

Chapter 1 - watery reflections

Chapter 1 - watery reflections
Look into your mind
Let your soul free from the chains
See your life is not yet defind

Katara sat on the cool grass dangling her feet into the glossy water of the pond. Her eyes watched as the moon played gently in the shimmering ripples swirling around each foot. Stars overhead sparkled across the black silken sky. The forest was full of sinful secrets as it danced across the tops of th grass and whipped up fallen leaves in an ancient dance. She closed her eyes letting any of her tension melt away by a cool watery caress.

Memories are hard to let go
You can feel your heart about to burst with sadness
You need to let the real you show

She looked into the water as a face started to take shape. Blue eyes focused on a face scarred with hurt and loss. Eyes of molten gold shown in confusion from the abuse and toil he had faced since he was fourteen. An angry scar graced the white delecate skin on his face.

I know you been hurt in the past
For years you hide the sadness behind delicate hearts
Not noticing ones who woll never love you last

The reflection changed to a huge room. Around it were filled with faces watching the battle alone. There jeering and mocking screams could be heard across the walls and through the hallways of the palace.

A boy stood with his heart beating fast on the platform before his angeres father.

" If you are my son strike me!"
"No"

With that, a red flame leaped from the mans hand, hitting the boy as he screamed. The boy fell to the floor as his flesh was melted by the heat. He spamed on the floor screaming as blood seaped between his fingers and soaking the hard surface supporting him.

Ive kind of noticed that you have sorrow filled eyes
Can you break free
From the black chains of lies

Then a boy was shown lying in a bed, clutching his face and sobbing. His mothers gone and no ones there too hold him and wash away his tears.. He touches his heart whishing his mother was there too sooth the hurt and confusion growing inside slowly.

Oh, baby I can see all the shadows hiding you away
Please take my hand and come to the light
I just want you to know that by you ill always stay

Now, on a ship stands a boy on a ship. He watches as the palace disappears on the black lined horizon. A finger comes up and touches the scar and he winces. One more tear falls down his eye and he turns his back in search of his fathers only want.

Katara watched in silence realizing this is what Zuko went through. Tears are pricking her own eyes and now she crying. Shes crying for her own mother and for him wishing she could hold him once more.

Sweet child of the gods dont you know your loved
Why do you still hurt from sacred scared pasts
Dont let yourself be shoved

Now a new image showed Katara touching Zukps face getting ready to heal it. The image freezes at that point letting her remember the way it felt, the dark flesh of her hands melding into his. She missed being so close to him and wanted too see him again.

Open up your heart shout too all the stars
Open your heart and start anew
Let me wash away your scars

Katara remembered the passionate battle they fought. Both of them protecting something they needed too. The flames danced along with the water of her bending and both were in the paths of life. One chose Wright and the other a different one in the middle.Katara walked back to the camp and snuggled next too Appa. She looked at the stars and let gentle winds play through her chocolate locks.

Unknown a familiar person not far away watched the stars in the velvit sky. Gently he touched the scar on his cheek and pictured Katara.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

thehighlord on February 1, 2007, 6:25:57 AM

thehighlord on
thehighlordThis is very good, I like it a lot; I think you captured katara’s emotions very well.
If you add anything to this let me know please as I would love to read it

Oshnsoa Shnedashn kiungepgli

waterbender00 on January 26, 2007, 7:49:27 PM

waterbender00 on
waterbender00Whoa, that is realy deep. you realy captured their emotions. I luv it.