Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Dream or Reality?

new story, dont really know what its about yet, im terrible at summaries...

Chapter 3 - Dream or Reality?

Chapter 3 - Dream or Reality?
It was a normal summer afternoon. My sister Lily and I were hiking in the forest. We had snuck out of our house, being the mischievous children we are. Lily, with her blonde hair back in braids, was blazing up the trail ahead of me.
“Catie! You have to see this!”
I hurried up the trail. Off to our right, the Amadahy River cascaded at least 30 feet, splashing into a large pool. Mist around the bottom of the falls created mini rainbows in the stream. At the top of the waterfall, a ledge jutted out from the crag.
“I dare you to jump in!” I told her.
“Only if you do it with me!” she giggled.
“No way!”
“Alright, the I’m not doing it,” Lily shrugged.
“Whatever,” I rolled my eyes.
“Anyways, you are too much of a scaredy-cat to do it.” She pierced me with those eyes as blue as the pool.
“I’m not scared!”
“Well, then what’cha waiting for?” she nagged.
“Fine!” I groined.
We took off our shoes. Lily walked near the edge of the cliff and extended her hand.
“You ready?’
I nodded and took her hand.
“3. 2. 1!”
We jumped. The adrenalin was exhilarating. The air blew through us as we descended. At one point on the way down, we let go.
I hit the water extremely hard. I gasped for breath but the water kept pushing me down. We had jumped too close to the falls. The water pounded my body into the rocks. I used the rocks to push myself away from the waterfall with all my strength.
Emerging from the water, I coughed out water and choked on air. Treading on water, I realized something.
Where’s Lily?
The blonde-haired girl bobbed in the water by the falls.
“LILY!”
I grabbed her and I swam to the shore again. She was hurt pretty badly.
“LILY! Lily, please wake up!” I clutched her body sobbing. She wasn’t breathing. I checked her pulse.
Nothing.
Everything turned black around me. Lily’s body disappeared from my arms.
“GET OUT! LEAVE!”
The shouts of my angry mother surrounded me as I fell through the dark abyss.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment