Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - He didn't come...

A story, about two people who love each other. He came a long way just to meet her, but when his plane arives to take him home... what will she do?

Chapter 1 - He didn't come...

Chapter 1 - He didn't come...












“I can't believe it… I will finally get to meet him… after all this time.” She said while driving to the air port. Kayla had been talking to a man named Joey over the internet for a while now, at first they were ok friends but quickly became more.



She had finally pulled into the airport and her heart was beating faster from anticipation. For so long she wanted to meet with him, to look at him, to embrace him, and now… she could. Walking up the stairs and reading the hall maps she finally got to it… the gate where he would come out of. Looking at her watch she saw she had about thirty minuets. Smiling she took a seat next to another lady with a child next to her.



“Hi!” the little girl said as she giggled looking at Kayla. Kayla's gaze turned to the girls and she smiled back at her and replied. “Oh, hello little one.”



The woman next to the child laughed under her breath hearing what the girl had to say. “Hope… don't bother other people.” The woman's eyes turned to Kayla's. “I am sorry about that…” Kayla shook her head and smiled. “Oh no it is just fine, really.” Kayla looked at the girl and smiled to her.



Hope soon lost interest in talking to Kayla knowing full well her mother would not let her get a word in so she started to play with one of her toys. “It is her first time on a plane and she is excited.” Kayla looked at the lady and let out a small laugh and replied. “I bet I was the same way. First time flyers are either scared or excited, I think it depends on who you go with.” The woman nodded then took a look around Kayla.



“So… are you going on the plane by your self?” The woman asked Kayla. Hearing this Kayla was set into a permanent smile. “No. I am meeting some one.” Her heart began to beat faster as she thought of the moment when he would step through that gate. “A friend? ... Or is it a boyfriend.” The lady smiled seeing Kayla's cheeks go one shade redder than they already were from the heat out side.



“Umm…well me and him are friends. We met over the internet and just started to chat… at first I didn't want to talk to him because I didn't know him. But some thing just told me to talk to him, so I did. And soon him and I just became real close.”



The lady just smiled. “Oh… so you too are just friends?”



Kayla's head sunk slightly to hide her red cheeks when the woman was finished. “Umm… well are friends… but umm we have become more in the past year.” Kayla looked at the gate and sighed thinking back to all they have talked about. Not just him and her together, but about there pasts, presents, and what they wanted to become. How they wanted to help others.

And… of course, how they wanted to be together. “I do love him... I know it sounds crazy, but I really do.”



The women just looked at her and smiled until she saw a hint of sadness in her eyes. “Is something wrong?”



Kayla looked at her and just put on a fake smile to try and hide her painful thoughts. “It's just. I guess I don't expect him to come through that gate… I want him too, but I have my doubts.” The woman looked at Kayla in disbelief. “But you both love each other… and you're beautiful and kind.” Kayla smiled. “Many say that… but that won't change the fact on what my thoughts have set. But, I pray that I will see his face.”



With that the gate opened and her heart skipped a beat as she stared into the crowd of people that began to form. She stood up, face lit with excitement and anticipation. The crowd becoming shorter and shorter she walked towards them. The woman, getting a little worried, she stared at Kayla. Kayla noticed the woman looking at her so she turned and just gave her a painful smile, then she felt some one bump into her.



“Oh I am so sorry I should have not been standing there” Kayla turned to see who had bumped into her. She saw nothing… the person was gone. Out of the corner of her eye she say people moving infront of the gate she turned thinking maybe it was him, but it was the cleaning crew for the plane. She held onto her arms tightly so as not to cry.



“Oh… hehe… well that is ok.”



She turned to look at the woman but saw a man in her view. The man smiled then gave her a hug. It wasn't till a few seconds later when she realized. “You're here”…..With that she hugged him back. “Of course I am here...” Joey smiled. “Hey umm… where is luggage 12B?” Kayla laughed. Yep it is him she thought. “Let me go ask”



As Joey saw her go to the counter to ask he noticed a woman taping him on the shoulder. He turned a bit confused. “Yes?” The woman looked at him and smiled. “That girl really does love you… you know that right? You have made that girl smile… one of the truest smiles I have ever seen. Be good to her, she deserves it”



With that she went back to her seat not giving him another look. Joey completely confused turned back to Kayla and all of a sudden he felt an urge… and he took it. “Joey, the lady said 12B is down the ha…” The next thing she knew was Joey embraced her and was kissing her ever so gently. He pulled away a bit and smiled. “ I love you Kayla… just thought I would say that.”

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Fathom on August 28, 2006, 2:15:47 AM

Fathom on
Fathomi have to say this story may become reality for me
i have a girlfriend over in the US (im UK) who i really care about and want to go visit soon :)

kioki on August 29, 2006, 7:38:12 AM

kioki on
kiokithis was actually a story I made because of my situation I hope you get there safely ^_^ My bf did... and hes here to stay ^_^

ikataru on July 16, 2005, 8:50:07 AM

ikataru on
ikataruOMG!!!
*cries*
That was so sweet Kioki!!! Omg!!! I am seriously crying right now!