Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

I don't really have a good synopsis for this story, but it's going to be kind of short.

Be prepared to cry a little when you read this. I don't really know how to describe it, you'll just have to read it I guess.

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1
One moment…
One moment is all it takes to change a person’s life.
One moment can change how we look at the world.
One moment can last a lifetime.

Nightmares. That’s all that’s constant in this ever shifting life. His face, drifting in and out of my dreams. I’m forced to relive that moment over and over again, each night. I’m helpless to stop it. And it keeps happening, again and again and again. Then, black nothingness. The void. He’s falling into the void, and I can’t pull him up. No one wants to help me. No one can.


Jeanne sat in her bed, struggling to keep her eyes open to write in her diary. It seemed to be her only true friend after the accident happened. If she went to sleep, she’d only be awakened by her recurring nightmare.

As she finished writing the last paragraph, she glanced at a framed photograph that stood on her bedside table. It showed a handsome young man, smiling, happy. Slightly tousled blond hair seemed to absorb small amounts of light, giving it a golden glow. Deep blue eyes reflected a kind soul. And the smile, that one moment, his smile was perfect. A beautiful photograph, yet…
A single crystalline tear rolled down Jeanne’s face as she gazed at that picture. She wiped it away slowly, then closed her diary and set it next to the photo. She turned off her lamp, and prepared for her dreams.
After all, why should tonight be any different? Nothing had been peaceful or normal since the accident. Dreams became nightmares, even in her waking moments, his face haunted her. The face of her dearly departed boyfriend, Derek.dearly departed boyfriend, Derek.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment