Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3

I don't really have a good synopsis for this story, but it's going to be kind of short.

Be prepared to cry a little when you read this. I don't really know how to describe it, you'll just have to read it I guess.

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3
Jeanne arrived back at her apartment with no trouble. Setting the ring and note on her bedside table, she prepared herself for yet another nightmare-filled sleep. Before she drifted off to sleep she promised herself she’d call Ryumaru tomorrow and apologize for storming off like that.
But for now, it’s time to sleep.

Fields, as far as the eye can see. Grassy plains, under a starry sky, accented by the light of a full moon. She sighed and laid back. So peaceful, serene. “The only thing that could make this better would be Derek, but I’ll settle for a shooting star.” Jeanne said softly. As if it heard her words, the brightest star promptly fell, leaving a streak across the sky.
“Your wish is my command.” Chuckled a deep voice. A familiar voice. Jeanne jumped up and started looking around frantically as if she lost a million dollars. “Looking for me?” The voice was behind her. She turned around, and dashed forward, for there stood Derek.

“Oh Derek, I’ve missed you so much!” Jeanne cried, hugging him, It was indeed Derek, the one person she thought she had lost. “I never really left you Jeanne, I was always there beside you, even though you couldn’t see me.” Jeanne looked up into his eyes, they were filled with tears like hers. “Then this is really a dream? This has to be, you…” “Jeanne, what is a dream? Is a dream any more real than events occurring while you are awake?”
The scenery changed. They appeared to be orbiting Earth now, though neither needed a space suit. Jeanne gasped. “How, how is this possible? Derek, what’s going on?” “This is a dream to you. This is my reality now. Jeanne…”
“Derek, I need to know one thing. Was there anything I could have done? Could I have saved you?” “Would you like to find out?” “More than anything.” He smiled. Then take my hand, as we leap into the unknown.” She grasped it tightly, as she was overcome with the sensation of falling.

When Jeanne opened her eyes, they were at the street corner. Derek didn’t seem to remember that just seconds before they were orbiting earth. He pushed the button to cross, and the “Walk” sign appeared. Jeanne knew what was going to happen. But how could she stop it? She couldn’t just say, “Derek wait! This is a dream and I need you to stop right there, or something bad will happen!” She tried to grab his sleeve as he stepped into the crosswalk, but she missed. She froze, not knowing what to do except watch. When he was halfway into the crosswalk, he turned and called, “C’mon! Jeanne, keep up!”
She only could yell “DEREK!!!” as the now familiar roar from her nightmares started. An 18-wheel truck barreled through the red light at 60 miles per hour, right towards Derek… The drunk carjacker’s foot was unrelenting on the accelerator. Jeanne Screamed and covered her eyes as she waited for the crash.

The crash never came. Instead, comforting arms surrounded her and held her close. “You see Jeanne?” Came the dream Derek’s voice. “Even knowing what was going to happen you couldn’t have done anything. This was meant to be. I know it seems unfair, but… Someday, we’ll both understand.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment