Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Reverse Psycho-whatnow?

Tired of constantly being chased by Amy, Sonic is fed up. But when Tails mentions a possible solution, he's ready to try just about anything to get the pink stalker off his back. However, will the possible solution help, or just make the problem worse?

Chapter 1 - Reverse Psycho-whatnow?

Chapter 1 - Reverse Psycho-whatnow?
“AMY, I SAID GO AWAY!” Sonic shouted over his shoulder as he darted through the streets of Station Square.
“Aw, come back Sonic, I only want to marry you!” Amy shouted back as she chased the blue hedgehog.

Sonic could have easily outrun her if they were out in the open, but the streets were crowded, and Sonic’s famous speed was reduced greatly. Amy was probably going to catch him very soon.

“Amy, now’s not the time! Just please leave me alone for one day, that’s all I ask! ONE DAY!!!!!” Sonic yelled, exasperated. Running from Amy was starting to get annoying, and even the super-speedy hedgehog was beginning to tire from her dogged pursuit.
“No way Sonic!” Amy called gleefully, “You know I will chase you to the ends of the Earth!”
“Great” Sonic thought.

Suddenly, the pink hedgehog put on a final burst of speed, and made a flying leap for Sonic. “Aw, crud.” Sonic thought as the flying pink ball of fur came closer and closer.

Suddenly, Sonic felt someone seize him under the arms and lift him upward. A thud came from below as Amy landed, hard.
“Sonic, you know I will catch you someday!” She shouted up at him, her faceplant on the hard pavement having not dampened her enthusiasm in the slightest.


“Whew!” Sonic sighed. He glanced up at his rescuer, only to be grinned at by the yellow fox who was spinning his tails rapidly to fly Sonic out of trouble.
“Thanks Tails, I owe ya one for this” Sonic said gratefully.
“Aw, c’mon Sonic, you know I’ve had your back since we first met.” Tails replied.
“By the way, Tails, how do you always fly like that without getting your tails all tangled up?” Sonic asked.
“Lots and lots pf practice.” The grinning kitsune replied.

The duo then landed on an overhang overlooking the main street to catch their breath. “So Sonic, was there anything specific she was chasing you about or was it just the usual Amy craziness?”
“That last one,” Sonic replied, “you know, the one about her being crazy.”

Tails laughed. “You got that right!”
“I swear, one of these days I should just break down and get a restraining order on her or something!”
A thoughtful expression appeared on the young fox's face. “That may not be necessary. I just remembered something that might help with your pink stalker problem. Come to my workshop with me; I’ll try to find it.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later, in the Mystic Ruins, Sonic was running around to blow off some steam, and to pass the time while Tails searched for, well, Sonic didn’t know. After all, Tails had been very vague about it. All he had said was that this “thing” could, hopefully, get Amy off his back, if only for a little while.
Lots of thumps and bangs came from Tails’ workshop, as the fox searched in the mess. For a genius inventor, he was surprisingly messy.

Sonic came running up to check on him, just as he had done every 2 minutes for the past hour. “So Tails, did you find it yet?” Sonic asked slightly sarcastically.
“As a matter of fact-- OW!” Tails’ muffled voice came from somewhere inside, followed by a large thump, them several smaller thuds, as if a large pile of junk had fallen on one small fox.
“Tails! Are you ok in there?!” Sonic asked, slightly panicky.

“Don’t worry Sonic, I just dropped it on my foot. Them fell into a pile of circuits. And, yes, I did find it.” Tails said as he emerged, limping slightly and picking a microchip out of his hair. He was holding a particularly large book.

“So Tails, do I hit her with that book or what? ‘Cuz I don’t really see any other way this will help.” Sonic said.
“No, Sonic,” Tails said, rolling his eyes, “You have to read the book!”
“And how exactly will that help me?” the cerulean hedgehog asked skeptically. It was no secret that he had fallen asleep within 5 minutes the last time he had tried to read something from Tails's workshop.

“Well, it’s a book on the theoretics, practicality, and implementation of reverse psychology.” Tails replied.
“The what and what of reverse what now?” Sonic moaned as he eyeballed the 4-inch thick book, “Tails, you’re speaking geek talk again. In English, please?”

“Reverse psychology!” Tails repeated, “If you do this right, well, let me use magnets as an analogy. Currently, your magnet and Amy’s magnet’s polarities are opposites. As they say, opposites attract, and the same goes for magnets and their poles. But if this works, your magnet’s polarity will be flipped, and Amy will be repelled instead of attracted. Simple, huh?”
“Wha?”
“Let me put it so you can understand,” Tails sighed, obviously exasperated, “If this works, Amy will be doing the exact opposite of what she was doing earlier.”
“Really?” Sonic asked, perking up, “You mean she will be running away from me instead of after me? Well, show me how to do this Theritical reverse psycowhatchamocaly.”
“Reverse psychology, Sonic, reverse psychology.” [br][br]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pair spent most of the night trying to work their way through the book. Well, Tails understood it completely, it was Sonic that was having a hard time. Tails was trying his best to translate the complex text to a point where Sonic could understand it. Needless to say, it wasn’t going too well.

“Tails, I’m tired… When can we stop?” Sonic moaned, “All this garble about theories ad metaphysics and orbital celestial mechanics and psychopathic stalker girlfriends is making my head spin.”
All he received in reply was a glare, as the book did not contain anything along the line of metaphysics or orbital mechanics.
“Look, Sonic, you can stop if you want but everyone, me, Knuckles, even Shadow are counting on you to get Amy out of our fur for a while. This is a little more than just giving you a little peace. This will benefit everyone.” Tails said. “Or did you forget how many times she's gone after other people as well as you.”
Sonic yawned. “Well, I'll still stick with my theory about her tackling Shadow and Silver and everyone else. She just needs glasses.” Tails just rolled his eyes.

“I highly doubt corrective lenses will help with her obsession with you. Still, Sonic, we can't stop now! I think we've almost got it!”
“I'm not the one concerned about stopping. It's you I'm worried about.” In fact, before Sonic had finished his sentence, Tails had fallen off his chair out of fatigue for the third time. The fox had bags under his eyes, and his twin tails were drooping. Not to mention how messy his bangs were.
“I guess you’re r-r-right Sonic.” He said, yawning. “Let’s stop for tonight and pick it back up after a good nights sleep.” [br][br]


“Alright Sonic, that should do it!” Tails said at around three ‘o clock the following day.
“So, you’re saying I have to do this to get Amy off my back?” Sonic moaned. It seemed like a reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeely bad idea to him. “You know, this could just make the problem worse.”
“Sonic, that’s a chance you will just have to take!” Tails replied, “You want her off your back, don’t you?”
“Yeah, but-“
“Sonic, no buts! You have to do this! You’ll never know if you don’t try! If you don’t, every minute she’s chasing you, you’ll wonder, ‘could I have prevented this? Could I be running along now without Amy chasing me? Could I-‘” Tails broke off as Sonic interrupted him.
“Ok, I get it Tails. I’ll try it. But be ready to airlift me out of there at the first sign of trouble, ok? And I'm 90% positive there'll be trouble with this crazy plan.”
“Ok. Now, let’s get you all ready!” Tails said, a mischievous grin on his face.
“Hoo boy.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day dawned sunny and bright, a perfect day for stopping fanatical girlfriends. However, Sonic wasn’t so sure.
“Tails, do I-“ “Sonic,” Tails interjected, “I’ve told you a million times, YES, YOU DO HAVE TO WEAR THE TUXEDO!”
Sonic simply sighed, for the blue blur, the sapphire speeder, the cobalt crusader (you get the picture) was somehow stuffed in a tux (and not even a cool colored one)! Sonic was holding a large bouquet of flowers, and had even managed to tie on a bowtie (well, he had gotten one of Tails's robots to do it, but...)!
“Sonic, you look great, this can’t fail!” Tails said.
“Yeah, yeah. Just be ready to save me when this backfires horribly, okay buddy?”
“Stop being such a pessimist.” Tails replied.
“Now, to just find Amy…” Sonic sighed. “Now there’s something I never thought I’d say.”


As it turns out, finding Amy was the hard part.
“That girl,” Sonic said, “is a mystery. She’s always around when you don’t need her, but as soon as you actually want to see her, she vanishes!” He sighed, then turned his gaze upward.
“Hey, Tails, have you spotted her from your aerial view” “No Sonic, and you’d think that vibrant of a neon pink and red would be easy to spot!”
Both hedgehog and fox sighed in unison. Just then, both were startled by a call from afar.
“SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONIC!!!!!”
“There she is, now go do your stuff!” Tails said.

“This goes against all of my better judgement, but...” Sonic thought, walking toward the pink hedgehog. It was taking all of his willpower to maintain a constant pace, not look nervous, and not break the sound barrier running in the opposite direction.

“That’s odd,” Amy thought, “He usually runs away from me. And what’s with that tux? What is he hiding behind his back? What's going on? Did her get hypnotized by Eggman again?”
Sonic finally reached Amy, and blushing heavily, he brought the flowers out from behind his back and held them out to Amy, arm shaking slightly.
“S-sonic? Wh-what’s this?” Amy asked, relatively stunned.

“Well, Amy,” Sonic said in a surprisingly calm and slightly seductive voice, “The truth is, I’ve always kind of liked you.”
By this time, Amy’s eyes were as wide as saucers.
“Of course, Amy.” Sonic replied, “Ever since the first time I laid eyes on you, I knew you were the one. I've just always been too shy to fess up.” [br][br]


As Tails had predicted, Amy was stunned by this new revelation. Having chased the hedgehog for as long as she could remember, to have the tables turned on her so suddenly was quite a bolt from the blue (if you'll excuse the pun). To be honest, Amy wasn’t sure if this was a good thing.

“So, Amy, how about it?” Sonic asked.
“H-how about what?” Amy replied in a stunned voice.
“You know what I mean, baby.” Sonic said, leaning closer to the stunned pink hedgehog.
“S-s-s-sonic…” Amy stuttered. Sonic closed his eyes, puckered his lips, and leaned in even farther. Inside, the azure hedgehog was bracing himself for the worst, but he needn’t have bothered.
“Sonic, I’m sorry.” Amy whispered.
“What was that, sweetie?” Sonic asked, reopening his eyes.
“Sonic, I just can’t!” Amy cried, reaching behind her. She brought out her hammer from whatever dimensional pocket she stored it in when not in use (c'mon, how else can she carry around a weapon as big as her without it being visible constantly) and smacked him away as hard as she could. She then ran away, tears streaming down her face.

“It… Worked?” Sonic said, standing up and rubbing his head where the over sized mallet had hit him.
Tails landed beside him, a grin on his face. “What did I tell you, Sonic? It worked out perfectly! Well, maybe perfectly would have been her just running away without bonking you like that, but still!”

“Yeah, I guess…” Sonic said absently.
“C’mon Sonic, Let’s get that tux back to the shop before we get charged for another day.” Tails said, grabbing Sonic’s arm.
However, the blue hedgehog didn’t move.

“Tails,” He said, “I didn’t mean to make her cry…”


Later, back at Tails’ workshop, Sonic was sitting on his cot (Tails had persuaded him to stay the night). Tails came in with two cups of hot cocoa, and sat down on the bed beside his friend.

After giving one of the cups to Sonic, he said brightly, “Well, I haven’t seen Amy all day! No reports of pink harassment from anyone! This seems to have worked fine!”

“No, Tails, it didn’t,” Sonic said softly, “She seemed so sad. I know she’s annoying, but this just seemed too mean.”
Tails simply smiled, though it was more muted. “C’mon, you know Amy, she’ll bounce back in a day or two. After all, she's Amy! Besides, it's not like you meant any of that stuff.”
Sonic did not reply.
“RIGHT?”
“The thing is Tails,” Sonic said at last, “It wasn't that bad. I kinda liked it.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment