Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Discovery

This is a sequel to my other story. Alex gets a scholarship to Caddoc Academy in France, (you'll know him from my other story) and when Alex sees that Jerome's up to something and tries to find out, weird things start happening with the super-computer and

Chapter 3 - Discovery

Chapter 3 - Discovery






DISCLAIMER: I do not own any material copyrighted by MoonScoop®, or Jérôme Mouscat for that matter. Alex is my own character. (You’ll know him from my previous story)






Code: GHOST






~Chapter 3: DISCOVERY~






Alex appeared on the screen of Jeremy's computer. Where’s the desktop? Alex thought. He could see the backs of the open windows on the screen, but instead of a desktop, there was just an endless void of 1s and 0s. Who IS this guy? Alex thought to himself as he flew up to the front of the screen to get a better look at the open “windows”. There was a window with a black background, and green lines of some complex code and the window that said "Connecting to: LYOKO" With a status bar that was almost full.






Alex flew up to this window. There's got to be some gateway this is connected to He said to himself as he felt around the edges and the backside for some connection. This has got to be one secure connection. He thought as he flew up to the front again. Suddenly, he heard the door to the room open up. He zoomed behind the Connection window and peaked out. There was a girl with pink hair, wearing a dark red over-all skirt over a pink sweater, and pink boots. "Jeremy! Jeremy are you in here?" She said looking into the room, "Hmm must've gone to the factory. Wait, what's this?" The girl said, walking over to the computer.






Alex pulled his head back behind the window. "Connecting to: LYOKO? Why would he go to the factory? He hasn't even checked for activated towers yet. Maybe he's in the bathroom." The girl turned and was about to leave the room. Alex let out a breath, "Whew" "Huh?" The girl spun around again, and looked around the room, "Who's there?" She looked around the room, behind the computer, under the beds, but didn't find anything. She stood in front of the computer. "Is that widowglowing?" She said then looked closely at the computer screen. Alex held his breath.






Suddenly there was a ding, and Alex saw a data stream come rushing at him. He flew out of the way, and the data connected with the Connection window, and the window changed to a command terminal window with lines of green code flying by. Alex relaxed, but he looked toward the computer screen, and remembered that that girl was standing there. She was staring wide-eyed at Alex. "Oops" Alex said, and then dove into the data stream that connected to the command window just as the girl whipped out her cell-phone.






* * *






He ended up inside a void of endless number and data streams. He looked behind him, and he could see a small tunnel with data going in and out. He went up to it, and looked around it. It seemed like whatever he was in was some sort of cylinder. The hole had a label over it, which read: EXTERNAL GATEWAY ADMINISTRAOR [556H]. He flew around the "wall", and whatever this place was, had to be HUGE. (In capacity and physical size) He could see what looked like a roof, but no floor. He flew down, and in about a minute he reached a boundary.






What is this place? He thought to himself standing on the "floor". He could see a few more "portals". He read the labels, and two in particular interested him. They were right next to each other. One read: ADMINISTRATOR [1A], and the other read: LYOKO MAINFRAME [1B]. LYOKOThat one interested him more. He flew into the portal, and in an instant, he found himself looking at a 3-D virtual map, of some weird sphere with 3 rods coming out of it, and behind him, he saw infinite little computer screens with lines of code zooming across them. Below the map, he could see the exit portal.






This is the strangest thing that I've ever seen. Alex thought, flying around the virtual map. I wonder He touched the sphere, and his hand went through it, but it felt tingly, so it was a little more than a hologram. Looks like there's not much else on here. He thought, so he flew into the exit portal.






He came back to the weird cylindrical place with all the data going back and forth. He guessed that was the CPU, or something like it. It was far too big to be a chip the size of a watch. He turned around, and looked at the other portal marked ADMINISTRATOR [1A]. He shrugged, and then dove into that one. It took a little longer to get to this destination, (only about ½ of a second) but when he got there, he found himself staring at the back of a window that you'd find on a desktop. He looked behind him, and it looked like the desktop back on Jeremy's computer. Maybe this is where he went He peeked out from behind the window, and he saw Jeremy rapidly typing away on a 3-paneled keyboard in front of the screen. Jeremy stopped typing, and Alex shot back behind the screen





Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment