Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - More To Come

This is a sequel to my other story. Alex gets a scholarship to Caddoc Academy in France, (you'll know him from my other story) and when Alex sees that Jerome's up to something and tries to find out, weird things start happening with the super-computer and

Chapter 5 - More To Come

Chapter 5 - More To Come
DISCLAIMER: I do not own any material copyrighted by MoonScoop®, or Jérôme Mousgadet for that matter. Alex is my own character. (You’ll know him from my previous story)

Code: GHOST

~Chapter 5: more to come~

Yumi, Ulrich, Odd, and Aelita zoomed through the Polar region, following Jeremy's directions to the last place the virus was located on the map. "OK, it was somewhere in that cave, then it just vanished." They flew into the tunnel, "You should end up in a cylindrical passageway. The virus should be somewhere in there." They came to the passageway, and searched around, "It doesn't look like there's anything here Jeremy." Ulrich said, searching around the walls. "Nothing down here!" Yumi said from the bottom of the cavern, "Or up here," Odd said from the roof. "It's like it wasn't even here." Aelita added. She materialized a piece of ice jutting out from the cavern wall, and jumped on to it from Yumi's vehicle.

She sat cross-legged, and closed her eyes. She tried to feel for any of XANA's pulsations, none. She was going to stand up, but she thought she heard the slightest little scraping sound from behind her. She looked, but it was just solid ice. "No pulsations from XANA." Aelita said. Yumi came so she could get off the ledge. Aelita looked one last time at the wall. "Wait, it looks like…" She squinted, and looked even closer at the spot in the wall. "Yumi, hit the wall with you fan." Aelita said. Yumi shrugged, and threw her fan at the spot Aelita directed, and—a small hole broke open. "Jeremy! I found it! Odd, Ulrich, come quickly! Yumi, keep firing!" Then, all of the sudden, the wall exploded, (or something like that) and something fire-red darted out.

Alex zoomed out into the open cavern. "It's back on the map! Quick! Don't let it get away!" Jeremy said as Alex darted for the nearest exit, "Oh no you don't!" Ulrich said and zoomed over to the hole before Alex could get out. Alex spun around and flew like lightning to the exit on the opposite side, but Odd got there first. Alex grit his teeth, and bolted to the last exit available, but it sealed itself up. He whipped around and saw Aelita grinning at him as the other exits closed up. "Jeremy! We got it cornered!" Yumi said, getting ready with her fans, "OK, don't shoot it. Lets see what this thing is. I'll start up an analyzing program."

This was starting to sound dangerous. Without thinking, Alex turned around, and shot a beam of fire in front of him, and tunneled through the ice block. "Jeremy! He's getting away! He's—tunneling through the ice." Aelita shouted, "Follow him!" The group flew into the tunnel, but they stopped. There was another virus blocking their way, except this one was blue. "What's that?" Jeremy asked, "I don't know, it looks like the thing we were chasing, except this one's blue." Alex shot a beam of ice at the floor, and a layer of ice started to form. He was blocking off the cave! The group tried to beat it, but all they did was smack into a wall of ice. They could see through the ice, and the virus just—disappeared. It just vanished. "Uh, Jeremy? The thing that blocked off the tunnel just—vanished." Yumi said, not believing her eyes. "Um, OK, but the actual one is still roaming around in the Sector, so find a way out and follow him! I still can't find anything, and since it's moving I can't isolate it to start the analyzing program!" Jeremy said again. Aelita opened up the tunnel the virus sealed off, and they continued through.

Alex was frantic. He had no idea what was going on, but he knew it wasn't good. How the heck do you get out of this place? He kept thinking as he flew further and further away from the ice cave. He looked down, and all he could see was barren, desolate ice. He kept flying, and he noticed that every now and then, he kept seeing these tower-like things, and they were all glowing blue. All except for one. It was glowing red, and there were these strange cube-shaped creatures, and crab things guarding it. He decided to check it out. He flew down and landed a fair distance away from the creature things. The creatures were walking in circles around the red tower. He walked closer, and when he was about 5 yards away from the tower, the creatures stopped and faced him. Alex froze, he didn't know what to expect. The block things started walking toward him, and one of their "eye" things glowed red, then fired a laser at Alex.

He dodged it with ease, and flew up into the air. Hmmm, maybe the tower has something to do with Jeremy if it's being guarded. "Guys, XANA has just activated a tower. It's a pretty far distance from where you are, and it looks like the virus is there too." Jeremy said again. Who's this XANA? Alex kept thinking. He flew in towards the tower, and tried to go intangible, to phase through the monsters, but he couldn’t. Oh crap! No intangibility either! He flew straight into the eye of one of the blocks, and the other one shot at him. The laser hit him in the arm, and it actually hurt! He stood back up, but one of the crabs shot him. "Guys! Hurry up! Apparently XANA is shooting at the virus, and it's losing life points!" Jeremy's voice said out of nowhere again.

Alex was on his knees, but the monsters weren't shooting at him—they were just standing there. Suddenly Alex knew why: they were guarding him for another monster to come. The monsters parted, and this octopus-type thing floated toward Alex, and picked him up in its tentacles. Alex struggled, but he felt like he was going into a trance almost—like he couldn't do anything. Then this octopus thing started doing something strange, Alex couldn't really describe what. Like he was losing something, or someone was trying to find something in him.

"Guys, the Scithazowa's back, and it's attacking the virus!" Jeremy said as Odd, Ulrich, Yumi and Aelita raced toward the activated tower. Alex was feeling tired, like all the strength was being drained out of him. Then, suddenly it felt like this thing—he supposed it was called a "Scithazowa"—was putting something back into him, but it wasn't a good feeling…



TO BE CONTINUED

Sorry!

If I write anymore of this story, even so much as one more sentence, I will give away the ending to its prequel: "The New Ghost"

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SilverGirl13 on February 23, 2007, 11:36:54 PM

SilverGirl13 on
SilverGirl13good chapter ... you should finish it , please write more