Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Healing Requires Work

All she needed was guidance...she never knew she’d fall in love in the process…

Chapter 2 - Healing Requires Work

Chapter 2 - Healing Requires Work
Sam returns to the heavens. He goes to his boss’s office and knocks on the large, white double doors.

Boss: “Come in.”

Sam walks in.

Boss: “Ah, Sam, back so soon?”

Sam: “Yes, she fell asleep because she was really worn out. I feel something for her tragic loss. A feeling…that’s somewhat new to me.”

Boss: “That is only because you have never had a case like hers before. You’re still a little new to this guardian angel job. Trust me, you’ll get used to it.”

Sam: “Yes sir.”

The boss brings up an image on the cloud wall of the girl resting peacefully. Sam walks over to join the boss in watching the pleasant scene. Sam smiles. Megan is sleeping in such tranquility. The boss sees Sam slightly smiling. It makes him grin as well.

Sam: “What a calming sight, huh?”

Boss: “Yes, it is. It gives you a wonderful feeling to know you did that. Am I correct?”

Sam: “Yes, it touches my heart.”

Megan begins to toss and turn once more. Sam gasps.

Boss: “Well, it seems like she is dreaming again. Why don’t you go down there and see if everything is all right. Besides, it might do her good to see a friendly face the moment she wakes up.”

Sam nods and disappears. The boss peers through the wall as Sam reappears in the room and pulls up a chair right next to Megan’s bed. He watches her and places his hand on her head. Megan opens her eyes gradually and groans. The Boss smiles and sends the cloud away.

Megan: “Hunh…uh…Sa…Sam?”

Sam: “I’m here, don’t worry.”

Megan: “What time is it?”

Sam: “Close to sunrise, I believe.”

Megan: “Have you been there all night?”

Sam: “Not necessarily.”

Megan: “Oh.”

Megan’s aunt has all ready awakened. She comes to the door and knocks. Sam watches the door open.

Aunt: “Morning sweetie, did you sleep well?”

Megan: “More or less.”

Aunt: “That’s good. Want some breakfast?”

Megan: “Yes please.”

Aunt: “What would you like?”

Megan: “Umm…”

Sam is still in the chair. He whispers to Megan.

Sam: “Chocolate chip pancakes!”

Megan: *turns to him* “Shhh…”

Her aunt gives a funny look.

Aunt: “What?”

Megan: “Huh? Oh, nothing. May I have some chocolate chip pancakes please?”

Sam: *cheerfully* “Yes!”

Aunt: “Sure.”

Her aunt leaves the room and Sam turns back around to face Megan.

Megan: “Is she not able to see you?”

Sam: “Nope. You’re the only one.”

Megan: “Why is that?”

Sam: “Well, I am only YOUR guardian angel. So only YOU can see me.”

Megan: “Oh, I see.”

Megan looks out the window to see the beautiful sun shine throughout the clear blue sky. She sees a mother and father bird with a baby bird inside a nest. She sighs.

Sam: “What is it?”

Megan: “I guess I’m still not used to being without my parents yet. Although, I do feel this sort of…emptiness in my heart. I know something is missing.”

Sam puts his hand on hers. She looks up into his bright glistening eyes. It sends a sense of warmth and care deep down inside the soul of her body.

Sam: “I know it’s hard to get over it. That’s what we have to try to do, together.” *he smiles*

Megan returns the smile.

Megan: “Thank you, Sam.”

Her aunt calls from the kitchen.

Aunt: “Megan, breakfast is ready!”

Megan: “Coming!”

She slips her slippers on and exits the room. Sam follows. Megan walks into the kitchen after going down the stairs. Sam slides down the rail. He reaches the floor but slips on the rug at the bottom.

Sam: “OW!”

Megan turns around and sees Sam on the floor. She laughs when she sees the smiling Sam on the ground.

Aunt: “Honey, are you sure you’re all right?”

Megan: *looking at Sam* “Yeah…I’m sure.”

She goes to the table and sits down. Her aunt has practically prepared a feast of breakfast foods. Megan is amazed.

Megan: “WOW! Thank you! It all looks so good!”

Sam joins her at the table. Megan begins to pile things on her plate. Sam reaches for a grape on her plate, but Megan smacks his hand away.

Sam: “Ow! Aww…you’re so cold.”

He whimpers and pulls his hand away. A few minutes later, he tries it again. Megan slaps him away once more.

Megan: “Stop that!”

Aunt: *looks up from her plate* “Stop what?”

Megan: “Oh, uh not you. I was talking to…”

Aunt: “To who?”

Megan: “Uh…never mind.”

Sam: *whispering* “Heh, I bet she thinks you’re nuts.”

Megan gives him the look of death.

Sam: *stops smiling and gulps*”Sorry, sorry. Sheesh, so sensitive.”

Megan continues eating. After breakfast, Megan helps her aunt clean the dishes.

Aunt: “Megan, why don’t you go take a bath. It might help you feel better.”

Megan: “O.k.”

She goes back upstairs and grabs a towel from the linen closet. Sam tags along. She walks to the bathroom and Sam walks in too.

Megan: “Excuse you!”

She pushes him out.

Megan: “And if I catch you in here, I’m gonna make sure you’ll never walk again!”

Sam: “Why, I promise I will not invade your privacy. I am an innocent little angel after all.” *he smiles and a halo appears above his head*

Megan grunts and slams the door in his face.

Sam: “How rude.”

He sits on the floor and leans against the door with his legs in Indian style and his arms crossed. A few minutes later, he hears Megan singing. He presses his ear against the door. Her voice is heavenly and soothing. Sam smiles. About an hour later, Sam grows restless. He looks at his watch and moans.

Sam: “Gosh, what’s taking her so long?!”

He bangs on the door.

Sam: *in a whiny voice* “Are you done yet?”

Megan: “Almost! Don’t get your panties in a bunch.”

Sam: “What? I don’t wear…panties. Yuck.”

Megan: *holds in a laugh* “What a dork.” *she thought*

She opens the door and Sam falls back. He is looking up at her from the ground.

Sam: “It’s about time your majesty. You were spending an eternity in there! What is it with girls and mirrors?”

He gets up.

Megan: “Psshh…”

She walks past him and goes to her room. Her aunt calls from downstairs.

Aunt: “Megan, I’m off to work. I’ll see you when I get home o.k.?”

Megan: *yelling back* “O.k. Bye!”

Her aunt leaves. Sam is sitting in a chair at Megan’s desk looking at the pictures on display. He picks one up. A man, a woman, and a little girl are in the picture.

Sam: “Are these your parents?”

Megan: *turns around to face Sam and looks at the picture* “Oh, yeah.” *she walks over and takes the picture in her hands. She looks at it* “That’s Dad’s boat. He loved that thing so much. My mom didn’t like it at first, she said it was too expensive, but she grew to love it in time. I was practically raised on that thing from being on it so much…”

Sam looks at her. A tear begins to develop in her eye.

Megan: “Oh, I’m sorry, this must be boring to you.”

Sam gets up from the chair and walks over to her. He wipes the tear from her eye.

Sam: *in a gentle voice* “No, it’s not boring to me at all. I enjoyed it.”

Megan: *smiles* “Heh.” *she sniffles* “Sam, what about your parents, what are they like?”

Sam turns and walks towards the window. The birds are still in their nest.

Megan: “Sam?”

Sam: “I…never knew my parents actually. I was an orphan.”

Megan: “That’s so sad…”

Sam: “I spent my whole life looking for them, unfortunately without success I’m afraid.”

Megan: “Sam, how did you die, if you don’t mind me asking?”

Sam walks over to the bed and sits on the edge of it. He clasps his hands together and stares at the floor. Megan sits next to him and looks at the sadness that has befallen his cheerful face.

Sam: *quietly* “One day, I was walking around town searching for clues about my parents. I felt weak and collapsed. A Good Samaritan called an ambulance and I woke up later in a hospital bed. That Good Samaritan was sitting next to me, waiting for me to wake. The woman called the doctor in to inform him of my consciousness. He pulled her outside for a brief moment. He updated her on my wellbeing. I saw her through the window of the door. Sadness overcame her. She came back in and told me what the problem was. Apparently I had a severe case of leukemia and had it have been found prior to this incident, they could have treated me. The woman cried despite the fact that we had only met a few hours before. I never gave up hope that I’d find my parents. She was the closest thing I ever had to one. I got out of my bed and embraced her. I felt a certain closeness to her. I told her everything would be all right. I tried to comfort her. She asked me where my parents were. I told her I was an orphan and had no parents. This gave her more sympathy towards me. She let me stay in her house. Unfortunately, about three months later, I fell severely ill and died. That was about two years ago.”

He looked over to Megan who had a sad complexion. Megan began to cry. She wrapped her arms around him. Sam returned the embrace.

Megan: *in a quiet voice* “Sam…”

Sam: “Yes…”

Megan: “I’ll find your parents for you…”

Sam holds her tighter.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Dragon_Buster on June 6, 2005, 7:30:25 PM

Dragon_Buster on
Dragon_BusterYou have a talent for writing stories, Ms. dragonladie. Sweet job, as always.

wolf_girl_9 on April 13, 2005, 7:44:06 AM

wolf_girl_9 on
wolf_girl_9that really good to its funny at the begining when he tried to go it to the bathroom with her, but then it got sad when sam tells her how he died.

evilwolfdemoness on May 19, 2004, 5:34:12 AM

evilwolfdemoness on
evilwolfdemonessHahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!This is funny,you must update sooooooooooon!!!!!!!!!!^__^