Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Work Equals Play

All she needed was guidance...she never knew she’d fall in love in the process…

Chapter 3 - Work Equals Play

Chapter 3 - Work Equals Play
It's a beautiful Monday morning. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and Megan is still in bed. This day is also Megan's first day back to school since the death of her parents. Her alarm clock rings at 6:00 AM. She slaps her hand around her nightstand and eventually hits the snooze button. Sam appears. He sees that Megan is still in bed. He walks over to the window and opens up the curtains.

Sam: "Rise and shine milady! It's a wonderful day for school! You need an education ya know."

Megan opens one eye. She looks at Sam and groans. She pulls the covers over her head because her tired eyes are sensitive to the bright sunshine. Sam sighs.

Sam: "Must we do this the hard way?"

Megan doesn't budge.

Sam: "Very well then."

He walks over to the bed and pulls the covers off her. She whines and curls up into a ball, placing her pillow over her head. Sam shakes her to try to get her up. She still doesn't move.

Sam: "That's it, you asked for it."

He grabs her legs and pulls her out of bed, causing her to fall to the floor. She sits there with her messy hair covering her face. Her arms are crossed. She looks angrily at Sam. Sam smiles innocently.

Sam: "Morning Sunshine!"

Megan doesn't respond. Instead she gets up, walks right past him, and goes downstairs.

Sam: "Pff, fine, don't say good morning. I see how it is."

Megan has her back to him.

Sam: *thinking to himself* "She must not be much of a morning person."

He shrugs and follows her downstairs. Megan goes in to the kitchen and sees a wonderfully prepared breakfast. Sam enters soon afterward.

Sam: *smiling* "I made breakfast!"

He raises his hands with joy. Megan thinks to herself: "I hope it's all edible." She sits down and Sam pours some orange juice into her glass. Megan nods in approval, or thanks, Sam couldn't tell but he accepted anyway.

Sam: "Uh, Megan what time does school start?"

Megan swallows what's in her mouth and takes a sip of orange juice.

Megan: "7:15, why?"

Sam: *nervously* "Umm…it's all ready 7:05."

Megan: *goes wide eyed* "Oh no!"
She gets up and runs to her room to get dressed as fast as possible. When she is done she searches frantically for her school bag. Sam watches her and points to a corner of her room. Her eyes follow to where his finger was pointing, her bag was there. She quickly grabs it and bolts downstairs out the door. Sam tries to keep up with her. He is breathing hard because he apparently is out of shape. Megan arrives just as the late bell rings. She walks into her class.

Teacher: "Ah, Miss Yamaguchi, so glad you're back! Please, take your seat."

Megan nods and walks to a seat in the back. Whispers are heard as she walks down the aisles to get to her seat. Sam comes in gasping for air shortly after Megan sits down. Megan looks around to see if anyone noticed him. No one did of course. This reassured her. Sam joins her in the back. The teacher is lecturing.

Teacher: "Now, WWII began in 1939…"

Sam gets bored and begins to tap on the desk.

Megan: *whispers* "Stop that!"

Sam looks up at her and stops. A little later, Sam begins to make popping noises with his mouth. Megan glares at him. He stops. She looks away. He starts to do it again.

Megan: "STOP IT!" she said out loud.

All the kids in class turned around and looked at her.

Teacher: "Excuse me Miss Yamaguchi?"

Megan: "Nothing sir, please by all means continue."

She laughs nervously and smiles as if nothing has happened. The teacher starts to talk again. Two kids are whispering to each other and looking back at Megan.

Girl: "Her parents were killed in a car accident about two weeks ago. It must be so hard for her."

Boy: "Yeah, it must have made her crazy too. Look, she's talking to that empty desk."

Megan: "Sam, stop bothering me. You're making it seem like I'm insane!"

Sam: "Not that you don't all ready seem insane."

Megan: "What?!"

Sam: "Nothing, sorry I'll stop, I promise."

He smiles and Megan looks at him suspiciously. Sam motions her to pay attention to the lecture. She turns away. About an hour later the lunch bell rings. Sam had fallen asleep during the class. He hears the ringing and wakes up with a jolt. He was drooling and he wiped away the saliva that had developed by his mouth. Megan is standing next to him. He smiles. She rolls her eyes and walks away.

Sam: *in a whiny but curious voice* "Whaaaat?"

He gets up and follows. Megan goes out to the courtyard and joins her friends at a table. Sam pulls up a chair and listens to the girls chat.

Megan: "Hey guys! How have you been?"

Kristy: "US? How have YOU been?"

Megan: "I'm fine, I guess. I mean it's hard, but I know my parents would want me to be happy no matter what.

Pricilla: "Well you know we're always here for you. You can talk to us about anything."

Megan: "Thanks guys."

She takes out her lunch from a bag in her backpack. She takes a bite of her sandwich.

Megan: "So, what's been happening in school as of late? Notice any cute guys lately?"

Sam leans in interested-like. He thinks to himself: "Oooo, now the juicy girl talk!"

Kristy: "Well, there is this new guy. His name is Julian. He's in class 1-B. He's so hot!"

Pricilla: "Yeah, every girl thinks so."

Megan: "Ooo, I'm gonna have to meet this 'Julian'."

Kristy: "Speaking of, there he is over there." *she points*

Pricilla: "Oh my gosh, he's coming over here! Quick act like I said something funny."

They all laugh for no reason, going along with Pricilla's plan.

Julian: "Good afternoon ladies. What's so funny?"

Kristy: "It's nothing." *she gradually stops laughing* " Oh hey Julian, this is our friend Megan."

Julian looks at Megan and smiles. He takes her hand and gently kisses it.

Julian: "It's a pleasure to meet you Megan."

He smiles and Megan blushes. One of his friends motions him to come over. He holds up his index finger to indicate that he will be there in one minute.

Julian: "Well, it was fantastic seeing you again girls…hey what are you guys doing Friday night, have any plans?"

Megan: *stutters* "Uh...n...no... we have nothing planned."

Julian: "Great! One of my friends is having a party. I would like for you three to come. I promise it'll be fun."

Girls: "Sure, we'd love to go!"

Julian: *smiles* "Good! I'll see you later then."

He winks at Megan and walks over to his friend.

Kristy: "Oh my God! He's so hot!"

Pricilla: "I can't believe he actually invited us! I mean that is so incredibly awesome!"

Megan: "Yeah, I can't wait to see him again. You guys are right, he is cute!"

Sam sits in the chair with his arms crossed. He is staring at Julian laughing with his friends.

Sam: "Pff...what does he have that I don't? Hmph." *he pouts*

The bell rings to signify the end of lunch. The three girls walk to their classes and Sam walks behind them with his arms still crossed and looking at the ground. The girls go their separate ways. Megan goes into her classroom. She sits in her seat and Sam plops himself in the desk behind her. Just then an obese boy comes in. He walks right to the desk behind Megan and sits on Sam, thinking the desk is empty.

Sam: "AHHH! I'M GETTING CRUSHED!!"

He is gasping for air. He disappears and reappears next to Megan. He is breathing really hard. He looks over to the boy in the desk.

Sam: "Stupid Shamu."

Megan laughs. The boy gives her a funny look. She stops, although, she does giggle under her breath and mouths the words, "I'm sorry." to Sam. Sam nods his head in annoyance and sarcasm. After school, Sam and Megan are walking home.

Sam: "Can I ask you a question?"

Megan: "Yeah, go ahead, ask away."

Sam: "Are you really gonna go to that guy's party on Friday?"

Megan: "Why?"

Sam: "I don't know I just get a bad feeling about that guy."

Megan: "What feeling? What is it?"

Sam: "I don't know…something just doesn't…seem right…" *he looks down*

Megan: *stops walking* " Aww…is someone jealous?"

Sam: *looks at her* " No! Why would I be jealous of THAT guy? He's nothing special…"

Megan: "I think you're jealous. Aww…poor little Sammy is jealous!" *she says in a mocking voice*

Sam: "Fine, don't believe your guardian angel. See if I care." *he takes a step forward*

Megan: *sees the serious look on his face and moves next to him* "Don't worry, I'll be all right. I know how to handle myself."

Sam: "I hope so…"

Megan: "Tell ya what, you can come with me to make sure everything's legit. Deal?"

Sam: "Even if you said I couldn't go I still would anyway." *he smiles*

Megan: "I know." *she laughs*

They walk home together, side by side as if they had known each other for years. They continuously have a smile upon their radiant faces.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

evilwolfdemoness on May 20, 2004, 12:58:55 AM

evilwolfdemoness on
evilwolfdemonessPlease update really soon,I really love this story.Sam is so jealous of Julian.^__*