Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Play Has Consequences

All she needed was guidance...she never knew she’d fall in love in the process…

Chapter 4 - Play Has Consequences

Chapter 4 - Play Has Consequences
It was now the Friday of Julian’s party. Megan, Kristy, and Pricilla are at the local mall shopping for the proper attire for this occasion. Sam walks around with them, unknowingly to Megan’s two friends. They walk into a shop entitled “Hot Fashions.” Sam reads the sign as Megan and the others walk in.

Sam:*sigh* “Great, more girly stuff.”

He catches up to Megan who is skimming through the sales rack. She holds up a baby blue blouse and a short black skirt. She shows it to her friends.

Megan: “Hey guys, how about this?”

Kristy: “Oh my gosh, that’s so cute!”

Sam: “Eww! Megan, isn’t that a little…revealing?”

Megan looks over to Sam. She motions him to be quiet.

Sam: “But…fine….”

Pricilla: “You should totally buy that outfit Meg. You’ll blow Julian’s mind.”

She laughs.

Megan: *looking at the outfit in the mirror* “You really think so?”

Sam shakes his head “no” as Kristy and Pricilla nod “yes” in unison.

Megan: “It’s settled then. I’ll buy it.”

They walk over to the cashier and buys the clothes. Megan’s bill comes out to $80.73. Sam’s jaw drops and his eyes practically fall out of their sockets. He faints slightly.

Sam: “Sheesh! 80 bucks just for a skimpy little piece of cloth that’s barely eligible to be classified as a shirt and a skirt that wouldn’t even be long on a three-year old! What has this world come to?!”

He becomes dramatic.

Later, Megan, Kristy, and Pricilla go their separate ways. Megan and Sam are walking back home. Megan has a big grin on her face as Sam has a worried look on his face.

Megan: “I’m so excited! I can’t wait until tonight!”

She is so happy that she can barely contain herself. She finally notices the expression that Sam has. Her happy meter drops a few points.

Megan: “Sam, what’s the matter?”

Sam: “Oh…nothing, nothing. Everything is just peachy!” He says sarcastically.

Megan: “Sam, seriously, what’s wrong?”

Sam: “I don’t like that Julian guy, and that outfit you bought doesn’t help the situation.”

Megan stops walking. Sam’s legs pause shortly after.

Megan: “Come on Sam, he has never given you a reason not to trust him so what’s the big deal?”

Sam: *looks at Megan* “I just have a feeling...”

Megan: “Sam, a feeling isn’t much of an incentive to act upon. There’s no evidence that he’s a bad guy, so just listen to me when I say you have nothing to worry about.”

Sam: “A feeling is plenty a reason to act upon something. I have kind of … an angel's sixth sense, if you will. I know people, and trust ME when I say he’s not a good guy. Don’t trust every guy who acts like a gentleman and kisses your hand upon meeting you.”

Megan: “Sam, I’m not naïve! I know what I’m doing so stop trying to run my life for me!”

Sam: “Fine…”

He disappears.

Megan grunts in frustration. She storms home. She opens the door to her room and slams it shut after entering. She throws her shopping bags on her bed and looks into her mirror.

Megan: “He certainly does know how to kill a moment.”

She begins to get dressed. While she prepared she kept thinking about nothing else but Sam. She didn’t understand why she did, she just…did.

Later, the door bell rings. Pricilla and Kristy are standing there all jazzed up for the little get-together that Julian had invited them to.

Kristy: “Wow Meg! You look so great!”

Pricilla: “Yeah girl! You look awesome!”

Megan: *smiles* “Heh thanks! So do you guys!”

Pricilla: “We’re gonna take my car.”

Megan: “All right.”

Kristy: “Come on let’s go. Let’s not keep Julian waiting.” She says while grinning.

They get into Pricilla’s car and drive to the party. When they arrive a lot of cars have been parked in the drive way, the street, and even on the lawn. The bass of the music vibrates the ground so that the people standing are able to feel it in their feet. The three girls walk in and look for Julian. So many people had shown up, flooding the halls of the house. It was nearly impossible to move. The girls walk past all the partying people. Then they turn to their right and see Julian on the other end of the room. He smiles, nods, and waves. They walk over to him.

Julian: “Hey! So glad you guys could make it!”

Kristy: “Wow! This party is so cool Julian! There are so many people here!”

Julian: “Yeah, I don’t even think my friend knows most of them.”

He shrugs. Pricilla and Kristy flirtatiously giggle. Megan smiles a little. She felt a deep concern for the whereabouts of Sam. She hadn’t seen him since that afternoon. Julian turns his attention to Megan. He smiles.

Julian: “Wow Megan, you look fantastic tonight!”

Megan: “Oh, heh. Thanks. So do you!”

Kristy and Pricilla see them “bonding.”

Kristy: “Well, we’re gonna go get something to drink. Would you guys like anything?”

Megan: “No thanks. I’m fine.”

Julian raises his cup to show that he was all set on the drink situation. The two girls smile and then they go to get their drinks. Julian sees the solemn look on Megan’s face.

Julian: “Megan, what’s the matter? Are you not enjoying the party?”

Megan: “I’m enjoying myself very much. There’s nothing really the matter with me. I’m all right.”

Julian: “Why do I get the strangest feeling that you’re not telling the truth?”

Megan: *shrugs* “I’m telling the truth so I honestly don’t know why you would have that feeling.”

She laughs slightly.

Julian: “Nope. I still don’t believe you. Very well then, *he puts down his cup* let’s go some place quiet so we can talk.”

He holds out his hand.

Megan: “All right.”

She takes his hand and they walk upstairs to a vacant room. Julian shuts the door as Megan sits on the bed. He joins her.

Julian: “So, what’s on your mind?”

Megan looks to the floor in silence with worry taking place as her dominant emotion.

Julian: *in a quiet voice* “Come on, you can tell me. The only way to solve your problems is to talk about them.”

Megan: *sigh* “Have you ever been so mad that the anger you have inflicts pain and sorrow onto another person that you deeply care about?”

Julian: “Well, we all get angry. So did you get in a quarrel with your boyfriend?”

Megan: “Oh, no. I don’t have a boyfriend.”

Julian becomes interested.

Megan: “This person is just a really close friend and I’m afraid that I hurt his feelings.”

Julian: “Why would you say that?”

Megan: “Because ever since we fought this afternoon, he just never came back.”

Julian: “Don’t worry. I’m sure he’ll come back. It would just be dumb to not want to be close to a girl like you.”

He moves closer.

Megan: “It’s just…now I feel awful about this whole thing. I know it’s my fault.”

Julian: *in a seducing manner* “Well, I know a way to make you feel better…”

He moves in close and begins to kiss Megan’s neck. She goes wide-eyed and pushed him off.

Megan: “What are you doing?!”


She gets off the bed.

Julian: “Come on, you know you’ve wanted it from the beginning. Making up a story like that to get my attention, well baby, you got it!”

Megan: *smacks him right across the face* “You stupid jerk!”

She storms out of the room and finds Kristy and Pricilla. Megan had tears flowing down her cheeks.

Kristy: “Megan, what happened?”

Megan: “I want to go home! I’ve had enough of this stupid party!”

Pricilla: “Ok, ok calm down. We’ll go now.”

They go to Pricilla’s car and drive away. Megan was quiet through the entire car ride home. She stares out the window. They arrive at Megan’s house.

Megan: “Thanks guys…”

She shuts the door and goes into the house to her room. She flops herself on her bed and breaks into a sob.

Megan: “Why am I so stubborn that I don’t listen to Sam? Where is he now? I miss him…”

Her face is buried in her pillow and she mumbles some more words. Sam appears. He hears her saying his name repetitively as she cries into her pillow. He walks over to her and rests his hand on her shoulder. She gets up and sees his angelic figure. It makes her smile. She gets off the bed and hugs him. Sam rubs his hand up and down her back in a calming motion.

Megan: “I’m so sorry Sam. I should have listened to you.”

Sam stays quiet.

Megan removes her head from being buried in his chest. She looks into his eyes. They seem to calm her. They have the appearance of a tranquil ocean. Sam smiles. He hugs her tighter and Megan accepts the embrace.

Sam: “I guess this is a bad time to say ‘I told you so?’”

Megan: *laughs slightly* “Wow, you do know how to ruin a moment.”

They continue to hold each other.

Sam: “Come on, let’s get you to bed.”

Megan nods. Sam goes down stairs to make a nice, hot cup of tea to calm her nerves as she gets dressed into her pajamas. He returns upstairs and gives the tea to her.

Megan: “Thanks.”

She takes the tea and begins to drink it. Sam stayed by her side throughout the entire night.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Gaeas on June 1, 2004, 3:03:17 PM

Gaeas on
GaeasOh yeah! Kick major behind, Megan! >O ^_^ =D Awesome story, keep it up!

evilwolfdemoness on May 24, 2004, 12:53:00 AM

evilwolfdemoness on
evilwolfdemonessAwwwww,yup she should have listened to Sam and not even go to the party.Love this story so far!!!!Gosh,wish I was in this Story!!!!!1