Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Consequences Build Strength

All she needed was guidance...she never knew she’d fall in love in the process…

Chapter 5 - Consequences Build Strength

Chapter 5 - Consequences Build Strength
Megan is lying on her bed staring at her ceiling. The day after the incident with Julian, she was determined more than ever to find Sam’s parents. She kept thinking of her promise to Sam and how she denied his advice. She gets off her bed and walks to her computer. She begins her search on the internet.

Megan: “Hmm…let’s see…”

She types things into the search database.

Megan: “Location is Tokyo, Japan. Year that the child was found is 1989. Name of the child is Sam…umm…Sam… Hmm… what is his last name?

She thinks a little while. She eventually remembers that Sam never told her his last name.

Megan: “Sam! Sam where are you?”

Sam appears.

Sam: “Yes your highness, what may I assist you with on this fine afternoon?”

He is bowing as he speaks.

Megan: “Heh…cute…”

She says sarcastically. Sam smiles sweetly.

Megan: “No, but seriously, what’s your last name?”

Sam looks at her suspiciously. He raises his brow.

Sam: “Why…you’re not doing anything illegal or voodoo or something like that?”

Megan: “No, not anything like that. I need it because I’m searching for your parents and I need to insert the child’s last name.”

Sam: “Oh, well if that’s the case then my last name is…umm…”

He looks as if he were in deep thought. Megan rolls her eyes and sighs. Ten minutes later…

Sam: *jumps up from the bed* “I got it!”

Megan: “It’s about time.”

Sam: “I don’t have one!”

He has a big goofy grin on his face. Megan falls over.

Megan: “What do you mean you don’t have one?”

Sam: “Well, technically I have one, but it’s not my real one. It’s the one that the woman I lived with had. She never knew my last name and neither did I so I just used her name.”

Megan: “Sam, did this woman have any children of her own?”

Sam: “She told me my smile reminded her of a child she once had. I think that’s why she let me stay with her. The child she had apparently was taken from her so when she received word of my homelessness she did all she could to provide me with the life she couldn’t for her other child.”

Megan begins to think. She drew a conclusion in her head.

Megan: “Sam, what was the woman’s last name?”

Sam: “Kawamaru.”

Megan types “Kawamaru” in the space provided. A web page appears. It has the name of an orphanage that apparently had information on a Jodi Kawamaru.

Megan: “Ah hah! Eureka!”

Sam looks confused.

Sam: “What? Is that a good thing?”

Megan: “That’s a very good thing!”

Sam: “Oh, ok. YAY then.”

Megan: “Sam, do you know what any of this means?”

Sam: “I’m still trying to figure out what ‘eureka’ means.”

Megan: “Ugh, this means that the woman you lived with gave up a child.”

Sam: “Yeah, I just said that.”

Megan: “It means that there’s a possibility that her child didn’t die.”

Sam: “Uh huh. What are you getting at?”

Megan: “That woman’s child may be you!”

Sam’s expression goes blank.

Sam: “Wh…what? You mean I had been living with MY own mother all that time without knowing?”

Megan: “I’m saying that there’s a possibility.”

Sam sits on the bed with a dazed look.

Megan: “Come on, let’s go to this orphanage and see what we can dig up.”

Megan grabs her coat and removes the paper from the printer containing the information about Sam’s theoretical mother. She goes out the door and Sam follows. They go into the business part of town where the orphanage was located. They look all around for the address listed on the paper. Megan asks for directions from a person on the street.

Megan: “Excuse me sir, do you know where I can find this address?”

He points across the street to reveal a dingy, old building. From the looks of it, it had been out of use for many years. Megan walks up to it. She peers through a window but is unable to see anything through the glass because of its dull appearance.

Megan: “No! This can’t be the right address. It just can’t be…”

Sam: “Well, we took a shot and we could only hope for the best. It’s ok, really.”

Megan: “But I made you a promise Sam.”

Sam: “It’s fine, don’t worry about it.”

Sam puts his arm around her shoulder and they begin to walk away. Sam looks down at Megan and sees how sad she had become. Sam tilted her head up to face his. He pulls back some hair that fell over her eyes and puts it behind her ear. He smiles. A faint smile emerges on her face.

Sam: “Aww, why the long face?”

Megan: “It’s just, I know there is more I can do. I will find them Sam. I made a promise and I intend to keep it.”

Sam: “Wow, such determination. Ok, you just keep trying then. I know if you set your mind to something it’s hard and pointless to convince you otherwise.”

Megan: “Oh, thanks.”

Sam laughs and Megan joins in. They go home and Megan automatically goes to her computer. Sam follows. He sits on her bed and waits for her to finish. About a few hours later Sam is lying down throwing a ball up and down playing one-man catch. Megan is still hard at work on her computer.

It has now officially become nighttime. Sam had fallen asleep. He was snoring loudly, occasionally talking to himself. Megan paid no attention to the sleeping beauty. All of a sudden…

Megan: “YES!”

Sam shot up faster than a lightening bolt.

Sam: “Huh…?”

He was still groggy and his eyes were barely open. Megan turned to him.

Megan: “I found a lead!”

Sam: “Wow, that’s…great…”

He drifts back to sleep.

Megan: “Wake up Sam!”

Sam: “I am awake…I’m just resting my eyes.”

He falls asleep once more.

Megan: “Ugh…”

She prints out the information and places it on her desk. She goes into her bathroom and prepares herself for bed. She returns to her room and sees Sam all sprawled out on the bed. She whines and pushes him over. He rolled over like a log. She got into the bed and shut off her light. Periodically throughout the night, the two fought over the blanket.

The next morning

Megan wakes up and turns over. Sam is not there. She walked around the house, but he was nowhere to be found. She shrugged and got dressed. She grabbed the pile of papers she had printed the night before. She begins her search again.

Megan: “Hmm…there was another place that had info on that woman.”

She goes to the listed address and finds herself in front of a large corporate looking building. She walks in and asks the secretary for assistance. The secretary directs her and Megan follows the instructions exactly. She walks into a big room and goes through giant double doors. A man in an all white suit was sitting on a revolving leather chair. There were giant windows behind him that overlooked the entire city. The sun shone through with a magnificent beauty. The man hears the door close. He turns to point in Megan’s direction.

Man: “Hello young lady, how may I be of service to you?”

Megan stands close to the door on the other side of the room.

Megan: “Umm…my name is Megan Yamaguchi. I was actually wondering if you had any information on a woman.”

Man: “Well come here and have a seat and I’ll see what I can find.”

Megan hesitates.

Man: “Come on, I don’t bite.”

Megan walks to the chair in front of the desk and sits down.

Man: “Now, what is this woman’s name?”

Megan: “Jodi Kawamaru.”

The man’s eyebrows go up as if the name was familiar to him. He remains quiet. He entered the name into his computer.

Man: “Ah hah.”

Megan: “What is it?”

Man: “Did this lady once have a child?”

Megan: “Yes, but it was taken from her for unknown causes.”

Man: *quietly* “Oh, I’m sorry.”

Megan: “I’m actually trying to find the parents of a close friend of mine who was abandoned at a very young age.”

Man: “That’s so sad. Give your friend my sympathies.”

Megan: “I will. But did you find anything else about the woman?”

The man looked at the computer.

Man: “There is a home address listed for Ms. Kawamaru.”

Megan: “Oh good he’ll want to know that!”

Man: “He? Excuse me, but what did you say your friend’s name was?”

Megan: “Oh, it’s Sam.”

The man’s eyes go wide.

Megan: *looks at him* “What? Does that mean something to you?”

Man: “No, it means…nothing…noting at all. Here is the information you requested. Good luck in your search.”

Megan takes the papers that the man handed to her.

Megan: “Thank you very much Mr…”

Man: “Natsume…”

Megan: “Well thank you Mr. Natsume.”

Mr. Natsume: “You’re welcome Miss Yamaguchi. Please visit again.”

Megan nods and walks out. Mr. Natsume laid back in his chair.

Mr. Natsume: “How could she possibly know Jodi’s child…my child?”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment