Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Strength Takes Discipline

All she needed was guidance...she never knew she’d fall in love in the process…

Chapter 6 - Strength Takes Discipline

Chapter 6 - Strength Takes Discipline
Megan goes to the residence that was listed for Jodi Kawamaru. She finds herself in a middle-class neighborhood of apartments. She walks up the stairs of an apartment building and knocks on the door. A woman with long brown hair and green eyes answers the door. She appears to be the age of forty or so. She looks at Megan.

Woman: “May I help you miss?”

Her voice is of a gentle nature. It is calming to listen to.

Megan: “I apologize for bothering you. My name is Megan Yamaguchi. Would a Ms. Jodi Kawamaru live here by any chance?”

Woman: “Why, child you’re looking at her.”

She smiles sweetly.

Megan: “Oh, great! Then maybe you can tell me a few things.”

Jodi: “Well sure, come on in sweety.”

Megan walks in as Jodi insists. She removes her coat as Jodi shuts the door.

Jodi: “Would you like some tea dear?”

Megan: “Oh yes, please.”

Jodi nods and walks into the kitchen. Megan begins to look at the photographs mounted on the wall. Jodi comes back and sits on the recliner chair. Megan sits on the couch perpendicular to it. She picks up a glass and adds a sugar cube to it.

Megan: “Thank you.”

Jodi: “Don’t mention it. Now, what can I do ya for?”

Megan: “I actually came to ask you about a child you had. His name is Sam.”

Jodi: “Sam?”

A tear began to develop in her eye.

Megan: “Ms. Kawamaru?”

Jodi looks up at Megan.

Jodi: “My little Sam…”

She looks over to the side table and picks up a picture frame containing a picture of Sam. She looks at the picture with much sadness dawning upon her.

Jodi: “Yes, Sam lived with me for a while. I had much sympathy for that boy. He was the sweetest child anyone could have ever known. He didn’t deserve the fate that was given to him. He knew of his illness. Even so, he still always had a smile on his face.”

Flashbacks of her life with Sam flooded her mind.

Megan: “I understand that you once had a child taken from you for causes unknown. Is that true?”

Jodi: “How do you know about that?”

Megan: “Well, when I began my search for you I ran into a Mr. Natsume. He told me about your child.”

Megan couldn’t tell her that Sam told her this information because it may seem a little odd to her.

Jodi: “Mr. Natsume? Do you mean Gabriel Natsume?”

Megan: “I didn’t catch his first name.”

Jodi: “What did he look like?”

Megan: “Well he was tall and he had blonde hair and blue eyes.”

Jodi: “I see. How did you come across him again?”

Megan: “Well, I found some information about you on my computer and that led me to this big corporate building. I met him there.”

Jodi: “Hmm…That’s interesting.”

Megan: “How so?”

Jodi: “You’re never going to believe what I’m going to tell you.”

Megan: *smiles* “Try me.”

She figured with all else that has happened in the past months, nothing Jodi could say will be too extravagant.

Jodi: “When I was about twenty-one or twenty-two, a great sadness had befallen me. I didn’t know what to do. Constant visions of suicide flashed throughout my mind. Then an angel, a guardian angel, came to guide me. He was sent to help me with my severe depression. Over time, we grew extremely close. My sadness left me and I was the most happy I had been in a long time. He made me feel safe and so comfortable. He always made me smile. Then we fell in love. Our falling in love was inevitable. We had an instant connection from the start. That angel…was Gabriel Natsume.”

Megan gasped and went wide-eyed.

Megan: “How can that be? I just saw him the other day.”

Jodi: “Megan, did you notice anyone else in that building, other than yourself, the secretary, and Mr. Natsume?”

Megan: *thinks* “No, now that I think about it I didn’t see anyone else come or go.”

Jodi: “If you were to go there again, you would find nothing.”

Megan is still shocked.

Jodi: “Gabriel and I were so in love that we actually had a child together. Gabriel’s superiors strongly disapproved of our actions so they removed the child from my custody and banished him from seeing me or the child. Years later, what I saw in that child, I saw in Sam. So I took him in. Unfortunately a short while after, he became ill and passed away. I know he’s with his father now, so I don’t worry as much.”

Megan: “Wow! This is so much to take in. I find it so hard to believe. How was he able to come back and speak with me?”

Jodi: “He must have broken some rule to talk to you here in the human world.”

Megan: “I have to tell you something.”

Jodi: “Sure, what is it?”

Megan: “A great time of grievance came into my life also. My parents died in a car accident a few months ago.”

Jodi: “Oh, I’m so sorry.”

Megan: “I was lost and didn’t know what to do. That’s when…that’s when Sam came to me. He was sent to be my guardian angel and he was supposed to guide me as well.”

Jodi: *gasped* “My Sam is your angel?!”

Megan nodded.

Jodi: “Oh my…”

Megan: “That’s why I came here to find you, because he has done so much for me. I wanted to repay him by finding his parents for him. And I strongly believe that you, Jodi, are his biological mother.”

The scene cuts to Sam in his boss’ office. That is where he had been the entire time Megan was talking to Jodi. His boss had his back turned to him.

Boss: “Tell me Sam, do you have feelings for this girl?”

Sam remained quiet.

Boss: *looking over his shoulder* “Sam?”

Sam: “What would it matter if I did or didn’t?”

Boss: “You know it is highly frowned upon to fall for the person you’re helping.”

Sam: “Is that why you did it?”

Boss: *becomes frustrated* “That is of no concern to you!”

Sam: “I’m sensing a little hypocrisy here.”

Boss: “Do no try to compare my situation to your current one.”

Sam: “I get it. It’s ‘do as I say, not as I do’ right?”

Boss: “I have had enough of your lip.”

Sam: “That’s only because you know what I say is true.”

Boss: “If I find out that you and that girl have fallen in love, I will banish you from ever seeing her again.”

Sam: “You know nothing of love…Gabriel.”

Sam disappears. The boss grunts in anger. The scene changes to Megan racing home. She barges in the front door and runs into her room. Sam is standing there gazing out the window. Megan tries to catch her breath.

Megan: *panting* “Sam, I found your parents!”

Sam: “Wow! That’s fantastic!”

Megan: “But there’s something I have to tell you.”

Sam: “What is it?”

Megan: “Your mother is Jodi Kawamaru. She admitted that you are the child that was taken form her all those years ago.”

Sam sat on the bed. He couldn’t believe what he had just heard.

Sam: “You said ‘parents’ meaning you found my father as well?”

Megan: “Yes, your mother had gone through a time period of great sorrow. Your father was sent to her to help her with her problem. So he was a guardian angel, just like you.”

Sam: “Really? What happened to him?”

Megan: “Well, they fell in love and gave birth to you. Your father’s superiors didn’t agree with the whole concept so they removed you from Jodi’s care and banished your father. He was forbidden from ever seeing her again. He was also never to return to the human world. He was exiled to spend all eternity in the heavens.”

Sam: “Wow…that’s way too much to take in.”

Megan: “I know, that’s what I said.”

Sam: “Did my mother say what my father’s name was? I might have seen him up there.”

Megan: “His name is Gabriel Natsume.”

Sam gasped. He rose from the bed, but unable to recover from the shock, he fell back down. Megan sat next to him.

Megan: “Sam, are you all right? Do you know that man?”

Sam: “Yes. He is my boss. He is the one who asked me here to help you.”

Megan: “That’s great! So you really do know your parents. You met them without even knowing!”

Sam looked at Megan. He had a serious, but calm and charming look on his face. Megan smiled.

Megan: “Heh, what is it Sam? What’s with that look?”

The smile stayed on her face.

Sam: “I want to tell you something.”

Megan: “Go ahead. You have my undivided attention.”

Sam looks into Megan’s eyes.

Sam: “Over these past few months, I have found myself…falling for you…”

Megan’s eyes enlarge.

Megan: “Sam, isn’t that against your rules?”

Sam: “I was never really one to follow rules.”

Megan laughs slightly. Sam smiles. They move closer to each other. In that passionate moment, their lips touch, engaging in a kiss.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Dragon_Buster on June 6, 2005, 7:08:40 PM

Dragon_Buster on
Dragon_BusterHeh....The plot thickens, yes? Keep up the god work! Here, have a piece of pizza. (gives you a piece of pepperoni pizza)

wolf_girl_9 on April 13, 2005, 11:59:05 AM

wolf_girl_9 on
wolf_girl_9i love it so much

SpookyThaClown on June 3, 2004, 2:06:31 PM

SpookyThaClown on
SpookyThaClownAwww they kissed!! How sweet! This is such a great story! I love it! WRITE MORE!!