Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Discipline Reveals Truth

All she needed was guidance...she never knew she’d fall in love in the process…

Chapter 7 - Discipline Reveals Truth

Chapter 7 - Discipline Reveals Truth
Megan and Sam are in the bedroom sitting on the bed. Megan was leaning against Sam’s chest as Sam has his arms wrapped around her with his head rested against the headboard of the bed. He was looking up at the ceiling. Megan’s eyes were closed but she wasn’t sleeping nor resting her eyes. She was merely thinking about the current situation she has gotten herself into. She didn’t want Sam to lose his privileges of coming to the human world. She sat up. Sam read her body language and realized something was troubling her.

Sam: “Megan, what is it?”

Megan: “Sam, this whole thing worries me.”

Sam: “How come?”

Megan: “Well, if your boss, I mean, your father finds out what is going on, won’t he forbid you from ever coming here again?”

Sam: “Don’t worry about him. Sure he might try, but I won’t let him.”

Megan: “But, if something does happen, I would feel as if it was my fault and I can’t bare that thought Sam.”

Sam: “Don’t feel guilty. It’s not your fault. After all, it takes two to tango, remember?”

Megan: “I can’t imagine my life without you now…”

Sam: “…”

Sam kisses her forehead and embraces her. Being cradled in Sam’s arms gives Megan a sense of happiness and serenity.

Sam: “Don’t worry, everything will be o.k. I promise.”

Megan: “Sam, you know the saying ‘like father, like son?’”

Sam: “Yes.”

Megan: “Heh, isn’t that kind of what’s happening now?”

Sam: “I guess so.”

Megan: “But what I don’t understand is why would your father assign you to me if there was a possibility that what happened to him would happen to you?”

Sam: “Maybe he thought we weren’t as alike as he was afraid we were. He probably thought that I wouldn’t find myself in the same troublesome situation as he did.”

Megan: “Oh…well Sam…”

Sam: “Yes…”

Megan: *smiles* “I’m glad he sent you.”

Sam: *returns smile* “Me too.”

Gabriel is watching this scene from a vision in a cloud wall. Frustration builds deep inside him. This emotion is mixed with joy, sadness, and sheer disgust. He devises a plan within his mind and figures out a way to put that plan into action. He calls his secretary into his office.

Gabriel: “How fast could you get an approval of visitation from the main branch?”

Secretary: “As soon as possible sir.”

Gabriel: “Thank you.”

The secretary nods and walks out. Gabriel continues to review the circumstances at hand. He watches Sam and Megan together happily. He removes the image from the cloud and begins to do some paperwork. The secretary comes back into the office and hands Gabriel a slip of paper. He nods in approval and sends his secretary away. He motions for another image to appear on the wall. This time it was of Jodi. She was preparing some tea in her kitchen. Gabriel smiles and disappears. Jodi is humming a song as she places a tea bag in her hot cup of water. Then she hears a familiar voice from behind her.

*Voice*: “That was our song.”


Jodi turns around. A figure was in the shadows. The figure moved out of the dark and into the light.

Jodi: *gasp* “Gabriel, I should have known you’d come sooner or later.”

Gabriel: “Well then I’m guessing you know what’s been going on lately.”

Jodi: “Well, I know a few things.”

She smiles.

Gabriel: “Oh, how I’ve missed your sweet smile.”

Jodi: “It’s been so long.”

Gabriel nods. They walk towards each other and kiss as if all those years hadn’t passed.

Jodi: “I’ve waited for your return. I knew you’d come back to me.”

Gabriel: “I came to talk to you about Sam.”

Jodi: “What about Sam?”

Gabriel: “I assigned him to guide this one young lady.”

Jodi: “Oh yeah. She came to me. She said Sam wanted to find his parents so she set out to look for them as a return favor for all that he had done for her.”

Gabriel: “So you spoke with her? Did you tell her…about us?”

Jodi: “Well, I had to. She already had everything set. She’s a very bright girl you know.”

Gabriel: “So then you know of their relationship.”

Jodi: “I know that Sam is her guardian angel. Why what else is going on?”

Gabriel: “They…fell in love with one another.”

Jodi couldn’t believe what she had just heard. She took a step back and sat down on a chair.

Jodi: “You mean they did what we did?”

Gabriel: “It’s the same situation.”

Jodi: “What’s going to happen to them?”

Gabriel: “Well, I’m the head of the guardian angel branch. So the choice is up to me.”

Jodi: “Gabriel, you’re not going to separate them are you?”

Gabriel: “That’s the only appropriate consequence.”

Jodi: “No! Don’t do that to them! I know how it feels and so do you!”

Gabriel: “Jodi, listen. I know what will happen. But you have to understand that this is highly frowned upon. A guardian angel can’t fall in love with the person they’re protecting.”

Jodi: “Who said he had to be a guardian angel?”

Gabriel: “What are you trying to say Jodi?”

Jodi: “All I’m saying is what would have happened if they let you stay with me? Would things still be the same as they have turned out to be? You remember when we fell in love don’t you? Remember how happy we were together?’

Gabriel: “Of course I remember.”

Jodi: “Then you can imagine how Sam feels. Do you really want him to suffer as much as you did when you were taken from me?”

Gabriel: “I try to forget that pain. I see what you’re getting at. I do not wish my son to share that same hurt as I did.”

Jodi: “So you know what you have to do, so do it.”

She placed her hand on his. He nods and looks at her. She smiles.

Gabriel: “I must go now. I am not allowed to stay any longer.”

Jodi: “I understand. You live under strict rules that you must follow.”

Gabriel: “You know, after all these years I never stopped loving you. I wait for the day that we will be together again.”

Jodi: “I know. I pray for the same. Goodbye Gabriel and watch over Sam for me…for the both of us.”

Gabriel kisses her gently on her lips and slowly fades away. Jodi sighs and a tear falls from her eye and rolls down her cheek.





Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

wolf_girl_9 on April 13, 2005, 12:07:19 PM

wolf_girl_9 on
wolf_girl_9awwwww thats so sweet

battousaisgurl on June 15, 2004, 9:19:33 AM

battousaisgurl on
battousaisgurlplease update. *puppy face*