Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - A little hope.

A shopping mall boutique is taken over by aliens who abduct customers. (Characters very loosely drawn on Jill and Alexis from Resident Evil.

Chapter 3 - A little hope.

Chapter 3 - A little hope.
It was still not at all clear where they had been transported. Were they still on Earth or were they on some far distant planet (maybe one in another galaxy)? Perhaps they were still on Earth, but had been taken many aeons forward or backward in time? To another epoch even?

In each of the survival packs they'd found was a gadget which turned out to be a heat generator. They were obviously meant to be hung one inside each tent. Before turning in the four of them spent some time gazing up at the stars looking for any constellations they could recognise. Nothing looked familiar.

Jill, who had once been quite keen on astronomy, realised that this meant they were probably at least a few light years from earth. Her heart sank. But she consoled herself by thinking that, if one wormhole had got them here, another wormhole might be able to get them back.

"Well, no sense getting ourselves too downhearted." said Alex, seeing the glum faces of the others. "Look on the bright side. This is probably the most exciting thing that's ever likely to happen to us in our entire lives."

"Your right." Jill agreed, a half smile replacing her dejected frown. "There might even be other humans, or at least something with human intelligence, on this planet."

"And whatever happens, this is already proving to be an amazing adventure." added Holden excitedly. "There's bound to be more to come."

"That's the spirit, guys." applauded Vincent. "Think of this as a privilege we've been granted. No more nine a.m. to three p.m. schooling five days a week. No more SATs tests. No more hassle from our parents to tidy our rooms or get out more often. No more ..."

"OK ... we get the picture!" interrupted Alex wishing she hadn't started this. "Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to try to get what sleep I can before the morning. And that isn't going to be easy without Hector, my teddy bear!"

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ShadowMagic on May 21, 2009, 11:17:37 AM

ShadowMagic on
ShadowMagicAw no not the Teddy bear.^-^ I would love to go to that place too if it meant not going to school.