Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - The Dragon In Silk

What happens when the children of Ukitake Jyuushirou, Ichigo Kurosaki and Renji Abarai cross paths? Drabble. Ongoing story.

Chapter 6 - The Dragon In Silk

Chapter 6 - The Dragon In Silk
Chapter Two


The Dragon In Silk


Hideki stepped out of the doorway and inhaled. The air smelled better then usual. Most of the time it was just a bland, 'nothing' smell, as Ukitake liked to call it. However, both Hideki and his father had had their tea today, so it certainly was possible that the beverage had heightened their senses...


“Nah, I shouldn't think about it too much.” The boy laughed to himself. Perhaps Shunsui was right; maybe he should eat breakfast in the morning.

Hideki looked down at his clothes. His shinigami uniform was beginning to get ratty. “Eh, it'll have to wait.” he said. He never did care about how he looked that much. In his opinion, anyone who cared about their looks was just an uptight sleazeball.

He looked up at the sky. He had forgotten what he had originally come out here for --- So much for eating breakfast.


“That's it!” Hideki exclaimed, pointing his finger up in the air. “I came out to buy the food! And more importantly, mochi!”


Satisfied that he had remembered what had once been forgotten, Hideki walked off down the hill to purchase the groceries, taking the path he had taken at least a million times: down the road, take a left when you pass the bamboo stalks, then keep going until you meet the black cat in the crossroads, and then it will take you to the center of the town.


Hideki didn't know why that cat always lead him to the shopping square. Pfft. As if a cat, a simple animal with a brain not even capable of solving a maze, could give directions to a human. It was pretty stupid, but he was used to it.


The boy walked along the trail and waved hello to all of the townspeople; the one thing he loved about the Soul Society is that almost everyone knew you there. The only real threats were the Division Lieutenants, but they rarely ever came out this far.


Finally, Hideki reached the crossroads. Same as always, the black cat was sitting in the center, licking its paw. It looked up at him and narrowed its yellow eyes as if to say, “Where have you been?” Then, it stood up and began to walk down the path that set in the west, the path that lead to the town center.


The cat was walking faster than usual. Hideki had known forever that it had a quick stride, but it was almost running today. But why today? Nothing ever happened in this part of town. The most exciting thing that had ever happened was when a child's dog had given birth to puppies, and even that was quick and bland.


When they finally got to the square, Hideki realized that his suspicions were true. There, in front of the food cart, stood a tall man wearing the same uniform as Hideki himself was wearing. He appeared to be holding a blunt stick, and it was clear that he was very angry at something --- or someone.


Curious as ever, Hideki pushed his way through the crowd that surrounded the scene. As he ventured closer, he saw that there was a girl of about his age in a purple kimono curled up on the ground. She looked like she was crying.


The man roared with rage and hit the girl with the weapon. Gasps and indignant protests were heard from the crowd. Hideki stood there, in the front of the crowd, both shocked and outraged that someone would dare to do something like this --- and in broad daylight, too. He was just about to lunge at the man when a deep voice was heard from afar.


“STOP.” The fellow shinigami heard the command and immediately dropped the wooden branch. It appeared that he had recognized the voice, and his expression had changed from anger to fear.


Hoisting himself up on a nearby tree branch, Hideki discovered what all the fuss was about. Standing there was Captain of the Sixth Division: Byakuya Kuchiki.


Hideki's eyes widened. The only Captains he had ever known were Kyoraku Shunsui and his father, but he had never even had the chance to see someone with power such as Byakuya's.


Standing next to Byakuya was another Captain, Gin Ichimaru. Except for the unnerving smile plastered on his face, he seemed unphased by the whole ordeal. Hideki had an uneasy feeling that Gin had been there for much longer than his companion.


Byakuya glared at the offender, then cleared his throat. “Renji, you are supposed to be back with Captain Aizen and the others. I will not tolerate this offense. Come with me.”


Renji gulped and quickly followed Byakuya, who had turned around and began to walk back in the direction from which he came.

Meanwhile, the crowd had become essentially bored, and had left. Hideki and the cat were the only ones who remained. As Byakuya left with Renji, Gin was walking towards Hideki, who looked just as uneasy as he felt; something was causing the oxygen around him to disappear. He couldn't move, and his pupils were dilated.


Gin slowed down as he passed the boy. He spoke only once sentence as he glided past.


“Expect more this evening.” he hissed, and just as quickly as he appeared, he was gone.


The unusual pressure was gone; Hideki could breathe again. He turned around and stared at Ichimaru. That was indeed, the oddest thing he had ever experienced.


End of Chapter Two

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment