Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - To Catch A Fish

What happens when the children of Ukitake Jyuushirou, Ichigo Kurosaki and Renji Abarai cross paths? Drabble. Ongoing story.

Chapter 7 - To Catch A Fish

Chapter 7 - To Catch A Fish
Chapter Three

To Catch A Fish

Kai loved to fish. He loved everything about it. The smell of the fresh water, the lily pads, the overall feel of it just put him in a good mood.

However, today was different. Kai hadn't caught a single thing all day. Not even a sandal. He found this very annoying, and was just about to give up when something tugged the end of his hook.

Kai's eyes widened. Immediately, he began to reel in the possible creature. If he could catch just one fat fish, his day would be brightened...

A few seconds later, a slimy fin popped out of the water. The boy recognized the fin instantaneously; that was the dorsal fin of a catfish. Next to swordfish, the catfish was his favorite food of all time.

Kai's stomach growled. He hadn't had anything to eat in quite a while, fueling his determination to reel in this fat aquatic wonder.

Without even realizing it, Kai was holding the fish on the reel, penetrated in thought. He opened his eyes, and was, needless to say, incredibly surprised to be staring into the ugly face of of the spotted thing.

He blinked, shocked that he had subconsciously caught it. The last time he got distracted during fishing, it ate the rest of his bait. Except this one wasn't doing anything. It was clearly alive, for it was blinking rapidly, but for some reason it wasn't moving.

Suddenly, the fish began to wiggle around, still clinging to the line. It was definitely the strangest action Kai had ever seen a fish perform. Something wasn't right here.

In the midst of all the commotion, the fish disappeared with a large poof of smoke, and replacing the cold-blooded animal was a boy about Kai's age. The hook was cutting into his lip, and, if you were to look at the scenario the right way, it was downright hilarious.

“Hey! HEY!”
The cries of pain woke Kai from his realm of deep thought, and he immediately grabbed the hook out of the boy's mouth. The guy was pretty scruffy looking; his outfit was torn and ratty, and looked like it was turning green from a lack of washing. He had long, brown hair tied back in a ponytail, and was grumbling about something.

“Thanks a lot, you jerk! Now I'll probably have to get stitches!” he yelled, rubbing his upper lip.

Kai seemed currently unphased by the whole ordeal, and responded calmly, “Then why were you in the water?”

The boy shot a glare at Kai. “For your information, that was my Soul Animal! And you could have KILLED me!”

Kai rolled his eyes. He hated people like this. They were such a bother. “What is your name?” he asked, annoyed.

The boy grinned. “Me? Well, my name is Kon.” He looked as if he expected Kai to remember him.

The redhead cocked his head to the side. “I have never met you before, and I would like to avoid having conversation with you ever again.” he said coldly, and stood up and began to leave.

Kon nearly fell over. “WHAT?! YOU DON'T REMEMBER ME?!” he screamed, causing a few crows in the tree above him to scatter among the clouds.

Kai looked over at the brunette. “I'm positive that if I had ever had the unfortunate experience of meeting you, I would have done all in my power to keep myself from making the same mistake again.” And with that, he walked away.

Kon looked irritated, devastated, and doubtful simultaneously.

“YOU SON-OF-A-dog! COME BACK HERE! I'LL KNOCK SOME SENSE INTO YOU, YOU, YOU... HEY! ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?!”

However, Kai had already left.

“How strange.” Kai muttered to himself.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Weevil_Underwood on September 23, 2007, 6:55:42 AM

Weevil_Underwood on
Weevil_Underwoodaww! Teh Kai! -hugs teh Kai- he's awesome...XDD So is Yatsuha's part coming up next, or what? I'm just really curious. XD