Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Grades over Boys...or not, CONT.

this is what you should read when you have nothing better to do. it used to be parodies of reality but that wasnt funny so i changed it....:T :P

Chapter 15 - Grades over Boys...or not, CONT.

Chapter 15 - Grades over Boys...or not, CONT.
Where we left off:

He had been staring right at her.

---------------

Lauren couldnt resist the smile twitching at her lips. She looked back down at her work in the hopes to catch him in the act. The warm feeling growing in her stomach branched to her cheeks and she was about to go off boigazing (again) when the irritably high sqeaky voice of Emma rang through her ears. "Laura I found where The Vally of the Kings is, you ready to add it to the map?" Laura shook her head clearing away her thoughts as she turned to her right to find Emma standing there holding a page with a map of Lower Egypt inked onto it.

"Oh, Emma, you didnt have to print it out. I could have just come over there." Laura felt a little guilty.

"Non-sense, whats the point in making us both run back and forth when this would just be easier. Besides, the Great Pyramid of Giza is on here too as well as the Nubian Desert." Emma sounded unagrivated, calming Laura down inside, "Okay. Thanks Emma. You really didnt have to though."
"I know, but hey, how are we gonna get an A if we dont put the effort into our work?" She placed the page on the table next to Laura and began walking back to the computer, "Oh and by the way, good job on the coloring! How'd ya do it that close?" Laura looked like a dear caught in headlights for a moment.

Yeah like she was gonna say. "Oh i spazzed out over that cute guy over there seeing me and wasnt even trying." Dur that would be a BAD idea. So she replied, "Oh um, lots...of, e-xper-iance?" Laura brought her shoulders up in a mid shrug. "Cool." Emma stated before returning to the computer to get some more research.
"Whew." Laura wiped away fake sweat on her forehead. She was facing to the right whereas her crush (how about we call him Boi? Its easier.) or Boi (as stated) was sitting at a table off to her left.

Laura felt those eyes on her again. She was almost afraid to turn around for fear those eyes would dart away once more. So she rather swiftly swooped down bending her shoulders over the table and continued her work with her nose inches from the poster's glossy surface. (y'all kno what i mean?)

Much to her mirth the feeling of being watched didnt relive itself of her. He was looking again. But before her ego got to big, she turned around to make sure no one (no girls and no way in heck any guys gutterbrains!!!) behind her. Nothing but a blank wall. She quickly turned back to her work knowing she must have looked really stupid suddenly looking at a wall as if expecting the boogie man. (for your humor.)

She had to look up at him. Maybe even get caught herself. NO! She screamed in her head. She had to work. Like Emma said 'How are we gonna get an A if we dont put effort into our work?' She shook her head and continued working. Still feeling the eyes on her.

Her pencil darted over the poster as her neck began to rise. Only to be snapped back down.

'Grades over boys, grades over boys,grades over boys!" she chanted in her head. Hoping to lessen the urge to look up.

it grew stronger,
'Grades over boys grades over boys grades over boys grades over boys grades over boys grades over boys,' she kept repeating it over and over. But to her dismay it only made the temptation greater, Crud.

Urge

Grades over boys

Urge

Grades over boys!

Urge

Grades over frikken cute boys!!!!!

URGE!

NO MATTER HOW FRIKKEN CUTE HE IS! GRADES OVER BOYS LAUREN!!!

She couldnt take it anymore. She was nearly crushing the pencil as she argued with herself.

She had to.

She just had to.

She looked up.

She met Boi's eyes.

And to her surprise his eyes didnt move.

Neither did hers

As far as she knew her face held the expression of plainness, curiosity, flirty innocence, and intellectual maturity. Oh and she prayed it wasnt cruel or smig in any way at all. She didnt want to send the wrong messege.

It only lasted a few moments before they both looked away,

A chesire smile creeped over her lips as she saw a cherry hue rise on Boi's cheeks as his partner scolded him for zoning out. And apparently saying he noticed why. Laura blushed a little as well. Then the voice of Mr. Jenninsonhn (i didnt want it to accidentally be a real name.just skip over that whole word.) caled out through the media center, "Alright people times out! Now out with the lot of ya! Bus passes are up here! Carpool is out in front of the office! Now out! And not too loud! Its a library for Gallileo's sake!"
'Yeah since your yelling at the top of your lungs dude..." Laura thought as she and Emma packed up to leave. "Laura, sorry we didnt get done. Do you want to get together to finish it?"
Laura shook her head, "Nah, you done enough Emma, thanks. I can finish it."
"Oh, are you sure? I dont want to make you feel like, your carrying the whole thing,"
"Its okay Emma, i only need to color and paste a few things. Its no problem."
"If you say so, thanks. Seeyah tomorrow?"
"Yup bye"
"bye"
with that Emma took her purple shouldher bag and shimmering purse and made her way to the front desk for a bus pass. Laura always carpooled home from after-school things. It was fatser and easier.
Laura was folding up the poster, (which will magically unfold when they turn it in, O_ohehe) and placing it in her camo sling back bag when she felt those darned gorgeous eyes on her again.

She looked up and searched for the source. When she found it, Boi was standing at the desk, waiting for a pass when their eyes met once more. Laura always wanted to know what kind of boy Boi was (confused? me too) so she messed with him a little. Strapping the last of her pack she swung it over her left arm and winked at him with a somewhat seductive smile, before headed out the doors to the carpool and dissappearing behind the walls.

She could not resist. She had to see what happened. As soon as she was sure it was clear she peeked around the corner to find Boi.

Still standing at the counter.

With an old librarian angrilly forcing a pass into his hand

Staring off into space,

Not moving,

With a boyish goofy grin on his face.

He stayed that way before his pal (partner) elbowed him in the ribs rather hard, causing him to spaztically shake his head and move away from the desk, pass in hand.

Laura gave a faint laugh, covering her mouth as she stood up strait right at the corner of the door.

She heard the door open and ceased her laughter, walking away to the outside doors with a content and satisfied smile on her face.

Life just got ten times better,

Maybe, if he's really cute, grades DONT come over boys.


and if that wasnt the case wth who cares it was Laura's philosophy (dude...) and it wasnt changing. So there.


THE END.

BASED PARTIALLY OFF OF REAL LIFE EXPERIANCE ACCEPT FOR THE EYE MEETING THE WINKING AND THE ERM UM YEAH THE UM BOYISH GOOFY STUFF SO LIKE YEAH THERE. GO AWAY NOW.

im kidding come back soon for more!!!! PLEASE review! i feel badly when over 100 people read and DONT comment.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment