Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 50 - PLAH: 1

this is what you should read when you have nothing better to do. it used to be parodies of reality but that wasnt funny so i changed it....:T :P

Chapter 50 - PLAH: 1

Chapter 50 - PLAH: 1
PLAH: pure luck and hysteria

PLAH 1

“I hate Mondays.” Sixteen-year-old Lauren Mary Berlin yawned as she walked into school with her best friends, McKena Macintoch and Theresa Wascott or just Kena and Terry. “I’ll say! No one is ever happy on Mondays! They’re all half awake and grumpy.” Kena moaned. “Hey do you mind? Im trying to call Greggy!” Terry snarled at them groggily. “see?” Kena finished as they passed by the music wing. “Say, Laura? Can you come with me to get my clarinet? I’m too tired to watch for the door post things.” Lauren had already steered her away from two poles and a brick wall. “yeah sure, at 7:46 in the morning you’re a threat to yourself as well as those around you.” The two of them laughed. “true, well come on!” Kena nearly missed one of two double doors on her own. “Hey Terry you cool with that?” Lauren asked but Terry was already walking off speaking into her cell phone. “Doesn’t she know she’s gonna get caught with that during hours?” Lauren asked. “Not with Greg on the phone.” Lauren shrugged.
The two of them came up on Kena’s orchestra locker and she began to unlock it. “Hey Mc?” Lauren asked. (Mc was Laurens nickname for her) “Yeah Laur?” (she only used Laur to taunt. Because, well here just read…) “Okay 1. because you’re my friend I wont wring your neck for calling me that and 2. could ya hurry it up? I have to finish something before first period!” “ Okay okay Laura, im working on it!” she quickly removed the lock and pulled the case from the small cubby behind the door. “I hate having orchestra first period! Try playing from Blue Danube when your fingers are asleep!” Lauren nodded as Kena shut the door and locked it, putting in the combo one last time just to check, before locking it and turning to leave with Lauren. “Yeah, well, art first period isn’t any easier! I mean, how the hell do you shade perspective with your eyes half shut?” Kena nodded in turn. “Man, electives first is stupid. I liked it better when we had core first. Didn’t you?” “Yeah! I mean at least they are all in the same place? Right near your locker ya know? With electives your running back and forth with what like five minutes to do so?” “I know! But I heard that they might extend it sometime around midterms so we have like ten minutes, to keep cool so we can focus without stress.” Lauren grabbed her by the shirt sleeve and yanked her to the left narrowly missing a closed double door. “ Thanks.” “Sure thing.” The two girls headed towards the 10th grade academic hall where all the lockers and core classes where. As they were coming up on Laurens locker Mrs. Diteles walked up to Lauren, more like shuffling because she was a short and stout woman and most of her students would hurt their necks to meet her eyes. “Oh Lauren Lauren! The work you did on you Memorial Day Essay was outstanding! I just had to congratulate you in person! And I was going to ask you if you would mind my sending it into a little contest the local librarys literary association is having in about a week or so?” The short woman looked very hopeful. “Well sure Mrs.D, if you really think its good enough,” “Good enough? Oh Lauren its astounding certainly its going to be a piece to beat! Oh have you any idea how proud I am that I have you as a student?” “Apparently very much.” “Oh yes dear! You are a known one in the teachers association you know? You are most certainly one of a kind Lauren Berlin, a definite renaissance person so gifted and unique! Oh your parents must be proud!” “Well im sure they are Mrs. D but I have to,” “Well, I shouldn’t keep you girls waiting, but if you need a spare moment just come right to me and I will have a pass written up for both of you.” “Thanks Mrs. D” “Oh anything for a star pupil dear anything at all!” with that the woman shuffled off to yell at a pair of boys rough housing in the halls. “Sheesh Laura she gonna sign you up for a Nobel Peace Prize?” “Oh shut up!”
The girls headed towards their lockers and gathered their books, packing away their coats and bags. “Oh crap, looks like we aren’t gonna make first period on time Mc.” A smirk creeped up Kenas lips. “No, but it wouldn’t matter if Mrs.D says so.” Lauren rolled her eyes. “Mc, no. I don’t want to take advantage of her!” “We wouldn’t be taking advantage, we would be taking her up on her offer. Now come on!” Kena pulled her by the hand to the Language Arts classroom.
“Thank you Mrs. Diteles!” both girls chimed in unision as they left for class with passes in hand. “No problem girls! See you later!” “Kay!” they responded. Down at the end of the hall the two friends parted ways to their opposite classes.

+++++LUNCH+++++

“AHHH!” a quaint sheik blended in with the other loud sounds of tenth grade lunch. It was 11:34am when this group ate. They shared the last half of their lunch with the freshmen. Lauren was shaking her head as Terry was shivering back and forth attempting to remove a sting of spaghetti from her head. Mc had sneakily placed it there but moments before and now everyone within a ten-foot radius was cracking up. Not being able to tolerate much more, Lauren finally reached up and pulled the string from her head calmly holding in front of her face. As it dangled back and forth wriggling like a dying worm Terry’s spaz out was soon over. And the surrounding laughter had seemed to cease completely. Within five minutes the group of eight was discussing matters on the new choir teacher being gay and how the songs they sang were discrimination against religeon. Lauren was just commenting on how she was glad she wasn’t in the choir this year when she stopped in mid sentence. She had been saying, “Well, my mom said not to join the choir this year because it would be stupid to-“ she had suddenly stopped with no warning and for seemingly no reason. There was a zombified look on her face as she stared unblinkingly to something behind Kena. “well? What would be stupid?” Kena asked. To no response she turned around and immediately spotted the item of Laura’s distraction. It was something alright.
Or rather…someone.


CLIFFY!
can you guess who? well, you gotta wait because i need to brainstorm the next chapter.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

maisloatt on November 3, 2006, 7:01:38 AM

maisloatt on
maisloattno, you gotta wait because i have only one arm and i dont want the chapters to be too short.

maisloatt on October 18, 2006, 10:59:31 AM

maisloatt on
maisloattclarinet is band isnt it? oh well. my bad.