Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 66 - reading under a tree

this is what you should read when you have nothing better to do. it used to be parodies of reality but that wasnt funny so i changed it....:T :P

Chapter 66 - reading under a tree

Chapter 66 - reading under a tree
this is gonna be funy.
--------------------------------------------------------
the gang was at the park and everything was quiet. henhead was fast asleep against a log, kens was...oh i dont know, erm,listening to music or something. greg was playing a muted handheld video ggame and terry had wondered off somewhere to talk on the phone to her cousin diana.
lauren was leaning against a large oak tree reading a thick book entitled: THE PARODIES OF REALITY BY: MAY LOATTS. [btw my fake name is now may loatts not mais for obvious reasons.]
maison was nearly asleep right next to her. he was really bored so, he thought he might have som fun. lauren didnt like to be bothered while reading but, nuscence was what was expected of him. there was nothing he could do about that, and theres nohing he would do in this boredum.
all was quiet and calm.

"hey laur? whatcha reeeedin?" he asked in an 'is it not obvious im trying to be annoying' sort of voice.
lauren looked up at him raising and eyebrow with a skeptical look. "the book -you- bought me last week?" she made it sound like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"well how would i know that?" maison asked incredulously sounding offended.

"well...you could have looked at the cover, or you could have considered that i've been reading this book for the past...five days?" she made that sound obvious too.

"oh." maison shrugged it off."yeah okay." with that, lauren contnued her reading. but maison wasnt finished. far far from it. he was also far far from being awake.
yawning, he stretched his arms crossing over his head. he slowly lowered his right arm down behind laurens head which was tilted down slightly, and casually draped it over her shoulders.
at first, lauren didnt seem to even notice. but then to maisons amazement, she eased into the feeling and resorted to the position of leaning into maison. maison of corse had no objections. he shifted slightly causing them both more comfort. lauren gave a light sigh and kept reading. maison was astounded.

you see, they werent dating or anything. and before now lauren would wave off any such actions. the fact that she didnt seem to mind surprised, and pleased him. he risked resting his head ontop of hers, and to the extent of his joy, she seemed to relax into that too.

suddenly that book was his best friend because apparently so long as she was reading it, she wouldnt slug him for snuggling up to her!

the beauty of the moment died as greg yelled in pride and began his victory dance not far away. lauren lightly sghed as she turned one of the thin pages making little motion so as not to disturb the snug position she had found herself in.

it then occured to her that nomally she would have shooed him away from this sort of thing. but here she was allowing him to curl the two of them up together as close as he dared. and she didnt mind. certainly she would stop him if it got too serious, but she knew him. she knew he wasnt like that.
she had to admit, at least to herself, she liked it this close. it wasnt that she didnt like him like that, she did like him, a lot. but he had enough to focud on right now. a girlfriend would not make things easier.

but she had been thinking, she didnt want to miss her chance with him. the last thing she wanted to see was some conceited *itch hanging on his arm like an ornament. brainwashing him and running him dry, then breaking his heart when they got bored. she knew that she had to make a move eventually. he had been making moves on her for weeks. every day she asked herself why she kept turning him down.

the upside was that he was persistant for her. this of course, was a move. but this time, she thought she might take it. after all, she didnt know how mch longer he would chase her. sure they were friends, but that meant limitations against what she knew they both wanted.

and she didnt want to wait anymore for the lift on those limitations.

what brought her back to reality was the sound of maisons voice,

"laur?"

she shook her head to clear the ight fog that had folded over her mind recently in thouigh and responded, "yes?"

"why wont you go out with me?" he sounded upset and...desperate?

lauren rolled her eyes and gave a sigh. "i..." she quickly looked around at the others, "i...i dont know, i mean,"

"i mean do you not like me like that?" he seemed a bit crest fallen.

" well i-"

"because, if ya dont then, just tell me, and i'll...lay off." he slowly began to pull away from her.
'no!' lauren paniked in her head.

he was almost completely away when she found her voice. and more of her heart than her mind intended to use it.

yes you have to read this:

"Nomaison,itsgotnothingtodowiththatitsnotthatidontlikeyoulikethatbecauseidoireallydoilikeyoualotitsjustthatifiguredyouhadenoughtodealwithandthatitbetoomuchorsomethingbutdontthinkforaminuteidontlikeyoulikethatbecauseidobutifyouaskedmenowi'dprobablysayhellyes!" she blurted out quickly

"what?"

lauren rolled her eyes. not wanting to say it again she reverted to plan B. she turned her body to face him and looking him strait in the eyes and placed her hands on either side of his head cradling his cheeks. smiling coyly she pulled his head forward while leaning in at the same time. closing her eyes she gently brought their lips together in a full yet tentative kiss.
he was frozen for a moment, she began to pull away in fear, when she felt his own hand race to the back of her head, pulling her back in. the sudden touch sent chills pleasantly down her spine causing her shoulders to bunch up shyly.
with time the kiss grew more passionate as his other arm found its way around her waist, and as she coiled her arms around his neck.

both of their hearts began to pound as they pulled away remaining in their embrace.

"sooo erm... will you go out with me?" maison asked hopefully.

running her hand through his hair she smiled, "yes!"

with that they leaned in at the same time meeting in another passionate kiss.

five minutes later terry came back from her phone call and stopped dead when she saw the couple making out under the tree.

"did i miss something?"














kinda! ha enjoy! comment! my arm hurts! ow!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

RedPaint on November 1, 2006, 5:58:50 AM

RedPaint on
RedPaintAwesome!! At first I thought changing to title to "Parodies of Reality" sounded too, I dunno...serious or something of the sort. But now I like it better, because the chapters have more to them now than earlier. So it all makes sense.

Anyways, I loved this chapter! You did a great job with it..keep up the excellent work.

And Happy Halloween!! ..even though it's a day late. Hope you had fun trick-or-treating or relaxing or doing other fun stuff on one of THE best holidays ever.