Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Claudia

Do you like Musicals? Is Annie your favorite? Then enjoy this all new fanfiction story!

Chapter 3 - Claudia

Chapter 3 - Claudia
It was already Friday. I was heading to lunch when I saw the cast list and went to it. Most of us are in it. I saw my name near July!

"Swell," I said excitedly.

Kristy's playing Kate, Mallory got picked to play Molly, Jessi's Tessie, Stacey gets to be The Star-To-Be, Dawn is the understudy for an older oprhan, and guess who gets to play Annie: Mary Anne! Wait until she sees the list. I'm going to surprise her. Watch out, Cokie, get your ten bucks ready for two weeks. I'm surprised that even though Cokie was off-key the other day, she's playing Duffy while Marci's doing Pepper. I went in the lunchroom and saw my pals as I got lunch and sat next to Stace. By the way, both Kayla and Kaylee got their parts, too!

"The cast list is now posted," I announced.

"Who's in it?" asked Kristy.

"I'm July, you're Kate, Mallory got picked to play Molly, Jessi's Tessie, Stacey gets to be The Star-To-Be, and Dawn's the understudy for an older oprhan," I said. "And guess who's playing one of the two older orphans?"

"You mean Cokie made it?" asked Kristy.

"And Marci, right?" asked Mary Anne.

"Bingo. Cokie's playing Duffy and Marci is playing Pepper," I told them. "And Mary Anne, I have a nice surprise to show you after lunch."

"What is it?" asked Mary Anne.

"You'll have to wait and see," I said.

"I can't wait," said Mary Anne.

"What about me and Kayla?" asked Kaylee.

"You both made it, too, to be in the choir parts," I replied.

"Alright!" exclaimed the Willis twins in their soft voices.

After lunch, I took her to the cast list and said, "Take a look at the cast list."

She did and when she saw what I meant- her name next to Annie, she was thrilled!

"Are you serious?" asked Mary Anne as I nodded. "I can't believe I did it."

"I knew you could," I said.

"This is so exciting," smiled Mary Anne.

We went to the other girls.

"She surprised me. I'm playing Annie," said Mary Anne.

They were all happy for her.

"I told you that you could do it and win the bet," said Kayla.

We laughed at that.

"I can't believe you're playing Annie," said Cokie.

"Told you so. So, you lost the bet and owe ten bucks everyday for two weeks," said Mary Anne.

"Fine. I'll do that starting Monday at the rehearsal," said Cokie as she left.

After school, I did my homework and cleaned up for five-thirty. I was just done when Kristy arrived. We do Baby-Sitters Club meetings here Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays until six in my room because I have a private line for my phone.

"Mary Anne is still happy about playing Annie. She's telling it to her dad tonight," said Kristy without saying hello.

"He's going to be so proud of her, too," I added.

"I know," agreed Kristy.

Dawn arrived and said, "Boy, Mary Anne's driving me nuts. She's still excited about today and won't stop talking about it."

"Big deal. What's wrong with that?" asked Kristy.

"It's so tiring after awhile," said Dawn

"Relax," said Kristy.

"And watch her still being thrilled when she tells it to Mom and Richard," added Dawn.

"Will you calm down? Let her get excited. We all knew she could do it and we're all happy for her," said Kristy.

"Sorry to say, Dawn, but I'm going have to agree with Kristy," I said. "You'd be like that if you get a part you wanted."

"Yes, but I'd be driving everyone crazy," said Dawn.

"We'd let you talk about it," said Kristy. "That's what good friends are for."

Mary Anne came in a minute later.

"Here's the star of the play," I said.

She just laughed at that and said, "I can't wait to tell Dad, Sharon, and Carlos the news."

"They'll be happy for you," said Kristy.

"I know," agreed her best friend.

"Can we change the subject?" asked Dawn. "This is very boring to hear it."

"Don't spoil my excitement," Mary Anne told her sister.

"Yeah," Kristy and I agreed.

Dawn was immature during the meeting, but we ignored her when she kept changing the subject. Mallory and Jessi were happy for Mary Anne when she told them. They already knew they were playing Molly and Tessie. They didn't notice Mary Anne's name near Annie. After the meeting, Mary Anne left the meeting without Dawn and I don't blame her.

"She should...," started Dawn.

"Well, who kept being rude by changing the subject when Mary Anne wanted to finish being excited? We all talked about our parts, too," Kristy interrupted.

That was when Dawn left.

"Poor Mary Anne gets cut off even though we ignored Dawn," said Kristy. "It's her business if she wants to be excited."

"I agree," I said.

"Is Dawn jealous just because she didn't get a part?" asked Jessi. "That's a poor excuse."

"I agree. She's lucky about that she's the understudy of an older orphan," said Mallory.

We all agreed with Mallory and Jessi.








Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment