Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Dawn II

Do you like Musicals? Is Annie your favorite? Then enjoy this all new fanfiction story!

Chapter 10 - Dawn II

Chapter 10 - Dawn II
I couldn't believe I learned April had permission to be here every other weekend after they talked to Richard who liked the idea.

"She's also welcome to go on trips with us," said Richard.

"Every trip?" asked Mary Anne who was getting excited.

"Really?" asked April.

"Yes," smiled Richard.

"Swell!" exclaimed April in her excited tone.

"Thanks, Dad," said Mary Anne as they hugged him.

"Does any of you two want to go to Friendly's for dinner and ice cream?" asked my stepfather.

"Count us in," said Mary Anne.

"We'll leave in a bit," said Richard.

"Sounds good," said April as her friend agreed.

They left five minutes later. Mom was working late until eight or eight-thirty. I'll probably have peanut butter and tofu sandwich for dinner.

While April, Mary Anne, and Richard were at Friendly's, Mary Anne saw Cokie on the other side while they were waiting for their meals.

"Who is she with?" asked April.

That was when Mary Anne noticed Cokie was with Logan and they were kissing on the lips.

"Wait until I go after him. I'm not going to let that spoil our meals," said Mary Anne.

"I don't blame you," said April.

After dinner and had ice cream, they came home. Then, Mary Anne noticed Logan walking by with Cokie and went out.

"Excuse me, Cokie, but that's my boyfriend you're with," said Mary Anne. "I saw you both kissing at Friendly's."

"You poor...," started Cokie.

"Don't start," interrupted Mary Anne. "You know both Mr. and Mrs. Bruno don't allow you at that house."

"He wants to have an active girlfriend," said Cokie.

"I do," added Logan.

"Oh, really? Well, then, Logan and I are over until further notice," said Mary Anne as she came back inside.

"He agreed with Cokie that he wants to an active girlfriend?" asked April whose mouth has dropped open.

"That's what gets me mad. He'd say it to get her out of his hair. Like I mentioned before, he tells her or Marci at the last minute that he has me," said Mary Anne who was pretty angry.

"Honestly, boys are so immature," said April.

"Tell me about it," agreed my sister.

"At least you seemed to forget about it earlier," said April.

"True," said Mary Anne.

At nine, I came in Mary Anne's room.

"May I borrow Mary Anne, April? I have to tell her something," I said.

"Okay. I have to go brush my teeth," said April as she leaves the room to do so.

"Are you here in to apologize the way you acted since I had the role of Annie?" asked Mary Anne.

"Yes, I'm sorry. I guess I was jealous since I had the understudy for an older orphan," I replied.

"And you did realize I was worried about you. I've been very excited since I got the part and I'm enjoying it. I like telling people when I'm excited. They like to hear about it," said Mary Anne.

"You're right. Will you forgive me?" I asked.

"Only if you promise not to do it again," said my sister.

"Promise," I said as she smiled and we hugged.

The next day, we got up fifteen minutes before ten.

"Have you heard of any William Shakespeare's books or his movies?" I asked.

"Not me," replied Mary Anne.

"I do, my favorite is Romeo and Juliet. They recently had it as a play at school and I played Juliet," added April.

"Did you had fun?" asked Mary Anne.

"I sure did. I even played Belle in Beauty and the Beast," said April.

"Boy, you've been a star in every play," said Mary Anne.

"You bet," smiled April as they giggled.

"I borrowed both Romeo and Juliet & MacBeth books from the library," I said.

"Forget MacBeth. I rented it and I hated that movie," said April.

That afternoon, she took the four o'clock flight. On the way, we rented both MacBeth and Romeo & Juliet.

"We can watch them later tonight after dinner," said Richard.

"Okay. Sounds good," I said.

That night, at dinner, Mary Anne had just finished her meal. She was quiet for the whole time.

"Do you want any homemade apple pie?" asked Mom.

"No thanks. Dad, may I leave the table?" asked my sister.

"Certainly," replied Richard.

She got up and headed up to her room.

"Is she still heartbroken about Logan?" asked Mom.

"Probably," replied my stepfather.

After dinner, I cleaned the kitchen on my own.

"How come Mary Anne isn't down here to help out?" asked Mom.

"She's too upset right now," said Richard.

"She still needs to help out," said Mom.

"Give her more time," said Richard.

"I don't mind doing the kitchen on my own," I added.

Mary Anne seemed to forget about Logan by watching one of the two Shakespeare's movies, Romeo and Juliet. She liked that movie. After that movie, I rewinded it before I put MacBeth in. But when Mary Anne saw MacBeth killing people-especially King Deacon so MacBeth can be the king, she freaked out. Even the blood freaked her out. In every movie, she would cry, but not this one.

"Do I have to see the rest of the movie?" asked Mary Anne.

"You don't have to if it's scaring you, honey," replied my stepfather.

That was when she took off to her room.

"She should know it's only a movie, not real, it's all make believe," I said.

"But it was scaring her," said Richard. "She doesn't have to watch the rest of the movie if she doesn't want to."

"And I bet she'd perfer Romeo and Juliet," added Mom.

"I should go see how Mary Anne is," said Richard.

"I would," said Mom. "Dawn and I can finish the movie."

In Mary Anne's room, Richard came in to see my sister.

"Are you okay now?" asked Richard.

"I'm just trying to forget about MacBeth," said Mary Anne who was shaking.

"It'll be okay," said Richard comforting her. "I'm sure you will. The rehearsals for Annie would help you to forget about MacBeth."

When we went to bed at ten, it took almost a long time for Mary Anne to fall asleep.







Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment