Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Stacey II

Do you like Musicals? Is Annie your favorite? Then enjoy this all new fanfiction story!

Chapter 15 - Stacey II

Chapter 15 - Stacey II
At home, I had peanut butter crackers for a snack while doing my homework. Then I took my injection and took a blood sugar test after that & it was normal. After that was done, I relaxed for a bit. I was reading in the den.

At the meeting, Mary Anne and Dawn arrived.

"Charlie's car had a flat tire bringing her here, so she's running a bit late," said Claudia.

It was five-twenty-five anyway. Kristy came five to ten minutes later. We were pretty busy with a few phone calls. Later, at home, Mom and I were preparing dinner when the doorbell rang. When I checked to see who it was, I noticed it was Mary Anne and I opened the door. She looked pretty upset.

"Mary Anne, this is a nice surprise. Is everything okay?" I asked.

"It's my father. He's in the hospital. He collapsed during a meeting and found out it was a heart attack," replied Mary Anne trying to hold back tears.

"Oh, Mary Anne, did that just happen?" I asked as she nodded.

"I just hope he'd be alright," said Mary Anne.

"I'm sure," I said. "Maybe the rehearsal would help you focus."

"I hope so," said Mary Anne while she was hugging me.

"Was it after the meeting?" I asked.

"Dawn and I had just got home back then," answered Mary Anne.

"Would you like to stay for dinner, dear?" asked Mom.

"I'm all set. I don't want anything right now," replied Mary Anne. "I'm just about to go visit Dad at the hospital."

"Want us to give you a ride?" asked Mom.

"Okay. Thanks," said Mary Anne trying to smile a bit.

"Should I stay behind to finish preparing so it won't get burnt?" I asked.

"Good idea," agreed Mom.

At the hospital, Mary Anne went to Sharon and went to hug her.

"How's Dad doing?" asked Mary Anne.

"He'll be fine. His heart is still acting up," replied Sharon.

"Tell him I hope he feels better. Mary Anne just told us about it," said Mom.

"I will. Thank you, Maureen," said Sharon.

"Thanks for giving a ride, Mrs. McGill," said Mary Anne.

"No problem. If you need anything, give me a call," said Mom as she left to go home.

At home, dinner was served when Mom returned.

"Dinner's ready," I said.

"Okay. Mr. Spier's heart was still acting up according to Sharon. I told her to call us if she needs anything," said Mom.

"Alright," I said.

After dinner, Mary Anne came over again. She was crying again and hugging me. Mr. Spier's heart acted up again and need an open heart surgery otherwise he could die. Poor Mary Anne is scared to lose her father and best friend. She was going to stay overnight.

Even though Mary Anne is scared about losing her father, she slept all night. The next day, I'm glad that Mary Anne seemed to forget about losing her dad and walked to school with me.

"I don't even want to mention about Dad's heart attack or losing him. I just want to forget about the entire thing," said Mary Anne.

"Would you like me to do so? I can wait until the practice first," I said.

"Okay. I guess," replied Mary Anne.

After school, at the rehearsal, we were getting ready to do entire Act 1.

"Get ready, everyone," announced Mr. Jackson.

"Mama! Mama! Mommy!" called Mallory out.

"Shut up," said Marci.

"Can't anyone get any sleep around here?" asked Cokie.

"Mama! Mommy!" continued Mallory.

"I said shut your trap, Molly," said Marci pushing Mal down.

"Don't push that poor kid. She did nothing to you," said Claudia.

"She's keeping me awake, ain't she?" asked Marci.

"No, you're keeping us awake," answered Claudia.

"Wanna make something out of it, July?" asked Marci.

They started fighting.

"Oh, my goodness. They're fighting," said Jessi.

Mary Anne came from the curtain.

"Pipe down! All of you! Get back to sleep!" said Mary Anne going to Mallory. "It's alright, Molly, Annie's here."

"It was my mama, Annie. We were riding on a ferry boat. She was holding me up to see the big ships. Then she left waving and I couldn't find her anymore," said Mallory.

"It's only a dream, honey, you have to get back to sleep now. It's after three o'clock," said Mary Anne.

"Annie, read me your note," said Mallory.

"My note? Again?" asked Mary Anne.

"Please?" asked Mallory.

"Sure, Molly," replied Mary Anne.

"Here it comes again. Ahh!" shouted Marci.

"Please take good care of our little darling. Her name is Annie. She was born…," Mary Anne began.

"She was born on October 28th. We'll be back to get her soon," said Cokie.

"We have left a half-silver locket around her neck and kept the other half," said Marci and Cokie.

"So, that when we come back for her, you'll know she's our baby," said the rest except for Mallory and Jessi.

They were all laughing.

"Oh, my goodness! Now they're laughing," said Jessi.

"Alright," said Mary Anne going to Marci angrily. "Do you wanna sleep with your teeth inside your mouth or out?"

She went back to Mallory.

"Gee, Annie, you're lucky. I wish I'd have my parents again, but you really got them," said Mallory.

"I know. Somewhere," said Mary Anne as the song began. "Maybe far away or maybe real nearby. He may be pouring her coffee. She may be straightening his tie. Maybe in a house, all hidden by a hill. She's sitting playing piano. He's sitting paying a bill. Betcha they're young, betcha they're smart. Bet they collect things like ashtrays and art. Betcha they're good. Why shouldn't they be? Their one mistake was giving up me. So, maybe now it's time and maybe when I wake. They'll be calling me baby. Maybe."

The song continued was still playing while Mary Anne was putting Mallory where the bed would be and sat on the floor.

"Betcha he reads, betcha she sews. Maybe she's made me a closet of clothes. Maybe they're strict as straight as a line. Don't really care as long as they're mine. So, maybe now this prayer's the last one of its kind. Won't you please come get your baby? Maybe," sang Mary Anne as the song ended.

Then they did It's the Hard-Knock Life and then Mary Anne was outdoors.

"Apples for sell, apples for sell," said Mrs. Young. "Care to have one, miss?"

"Yes please. Thanks," said Mary Anne as she sat down.

"Have you seen a stray here?" asked Mr. Gomes.

"No, sir," replied Mary Anne as he left.

That was when she noticed a dog and said, "Hey, here's one they didn't get. Come here, boy."

He came to me and layed next to her.

"Aww, did they hurt you? They're after you, ain't they? They're after me, too. But don't worry I won't let them get me or you. Everything will be fine for the both of us. If not today, well," said Mary Anne as rhe song started. "The sun'll come out tomorrow bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun. Just thinking about tomorrow clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow til there's none. When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely, I just stick out my chin and grin and say, oh. The sun'll come out tomorrow so you gotta hang on til tomorrow. Come what may. Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow you're always a day away," sang Mary Anne.

The song paused as Mr. Lins came by and said, "Hey, you! Little girl. Come here."

She went to him and said, "Yes, officer?"

"That dog there. Haven't I seen him around here before? Isn't he a stray?" asked Mr. Lins.

"A stray? Oh, no, officer. He's my dog," replied Mary Anne.

"Your dog, huh? So, what's his name?" asked Mr. Lins.

"His name? Oh, his name is, um, Sandy. Yes, that's right, Sandy. I call him Sandy because see, his fur is a nice, sandy color," said Mary Anne.

"Sandy color, alright. Let's see if Sandy answers his name," said Mr. Lins.

"Answer? You mean when I call him?" asked Mary Anne.

"Right. When you call him by his name, Sandy," said Mr. Lins.

"Well, you see, officer, I just got him," said Mary Anne.

"Call him," said Mr. Lins.

"Okay," she said as she walked away to the center stage and kneeled down. "Sandy. Here, Sandy. Here, boy."

Rocky went to her.

"Good, Sandy. Good old Sandy," said Mary Anne.

"Maybe he is your dog. But the next time you take him out, I want to see him with the leash and the license otherwise he goes to the pound and they'll put him to sleep. Do you understand?" asked Mr. Lins.

"Yes, sir, I understand with the leash and license," said Mary Anne.

"Now get on before you catch a cold in this weather," said Mr. Lins.

"Oh, I don't mind the weather," said Mary Anne as the song started up again. "When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely, I just stick out my chin and grin and say...oh! The sun'll come out tomorrow so you gotta hang on till tomorrow. Come what may! Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow you're always a day away. Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow you're always a day...away!"

The song ended.

After the entire Act 1, Mary Anne was loved by everyone. To my surprise, Marci liked Mary Anne's acting and singing skills. Kathi was surprised, too. She and Patti are the only sidekicks that get along with Mary Anne, which is good. We walked to my house so she can get her stuff. Mom was waiting for us.

"Your dad had that heart surgery, so he's going to be fine," said Mom.

"Good," smiled Mary Anne.

"I'm going to bring you to the hospital so you can see him," continued Mom.

"Sounds good," said Mary Anne.

















Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment