Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 17 - Dawn III

Do you like Musicals? Is Annie your favorite? Then enjoy this all new fanfiction story!

Chapter 17 - Dawn III

Chapter 17 - Dawn III
Later, Mary Anne was in the backyard practicing her lines for scene two where she and Mr. Lins were visiting the White House singing Tomorrow with Mr. Lins, Mr. Tillis as Harold, Mr. Gomes as President Franklin Roosevelt, Mrs. Young as Ikes, and Mr. Brooks as Perkins. Then after that, she was practicing for scene three when she and Mr. Lins sing I Don't Need Anything But You for tomorrow's rehearsal. She had the script with her. I bet that's how she's memorizing her lines without using the scripts, but she would always brings it with her in case she wants to look over once more before each rehearsal.

That night, at dinner, I almost noticed Mary Anne wasn't at the table with us when I remembered she was baby-sitting for Kerry and Hunter. She came home a few hours later feeling a bit tired.

"You look pretty tired," I said.

"Just a tiny bit," replied Mary Anne. "I started to feel pins and needles in the same leg again and went away after an hour."

"That's good," I said.

"I know," said Mary Anne. "Kerry and Hunter pretended to be the doctors while I was their patient."

We laughed.

"That's cute," I said.

After Mary Anne spent some time with Richard, who was outside, we went to bed an hour later.

The next day, we started short takes and had health. Our teacher, Mr. Patrick Holmes, assigned us to do our reports based on any medical condition and gave us the list. It would be due next week. All of my four friends were with me. We even had Logan and Kathi as well. Mary Anne was glad that she has Kathi. We only don't have Patti; she has an art class. We talked about the report at lunch. Kathi was with Marci who also has an art class. Kayla and Kaylee were with Mary Anne, too.

"I'm going to do an essay on diabetes," said Stacey.

"I'm doing cancer of any type since both my mom and grandfather died from it," said Mary Anne.

Kristy had the list and said, "Pregnancy is the part of the medical condition, so I'll do that one."

"You can do asthma as well, which I'll be doing," said Logan who came to sit with Mary Anne.

"Good choice," commented his girlfriend.

"Stroke is a good choice for you, Claud," said Kristy.

"I already planned on that," said Claudia.

"I'll do an essay on COPD," said Kayla. "That's known for chronic bronchitis, emphysema, or both."

"I like that choice," said Mary Anne.

"Ane I'm doing natural causes," added Kaylee.

"I might do heart attack next time," said Mary Anne.

"Why not now?" asked Logan.

"It's her decision," replied Kristy. "She's already decided to do cancer."

"What about you, Dawn?" asked Stacey.

"I can do it on colds, it's on the list, too," I replied.

"That's true it is. We can look in the school library during study hall or something to see if it has any of the books on medical conditions of our choices," said Kristy.

"Sounds good," I agreed.

After lunch, Mr. Holmes said, "You can go to the library now and stay there as long as you like or until you check out the books about the medical stuff that you've been chosen."

In the library, we went over to the health section. Mary Anne came with Kathi who was planning on doing heart failure.

"Here's the book on colds," I said.

"Do you know colds can also be allergies as well?" asked Logan.

"Very interesting," said Pete Black.

"I knew that," I replied.

"Here's the book for all types of cancer, Mary Anne," said Kathi.

"Okay. Great," said Mary Anne. "My mother had leukemia and my Grandfather Bill had colon cancer according to my Grandmother Verna."

She found those pages that were in chapters.

"Perfect. The cancer types are in chapters," said Mary Anne.

Kathi found a book for heart failure also known as heart disease.

"I never knew heart failure is also known as heart disease," said Kathi.

"Me either," said Mary Anne.

Claudia had already found a stroke book and Logan got a book on asthma.

"Here's the pregnancy book," said Pete.

"Oh, thank you, Pete," said Kristy getting it.

"I found the book about diabetes," said Stacey.

Kayla found the book on COPD and Kayla found natural causes.

"We can always find research online if you need more information," said Mary Anne.

"That's true, but I think books should be good enough for now," I said.

Then we went to check out. Pete had the book on chicken pox.

"Chicken pox is on the list as well," said Pete.

"Good choice," said Stace.

"I agree," I said.

After school, at the rehearsal, Mr. Jackson said, "Get ready: Mary Anne, Mr. Lins, Mr. Gomes, Mrs. Young, Mr. Tillis, and Mr. Brooks."

It started when Mary Anne and Mr. Lins arrived at the White House. They were having a meeting about what they can do to help.

"The sun'll come out tomorrow bet your bottom that dollar there'll be sun," sang Mary Anne.

"Quiet, little girl," said Mr. Tillis.

"No, Harold. Go ahead, Annie, it's still a free country," said Mr. Gomes.

The song began as Mary Anne stood on the imaginary table.

"Just thinkin' about tomorrow clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow til there's none. When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely, I just stick out my chin and grin and say...oh. The sun'll come out tomorrow so you gotta hang on til tomorrow. Come what may. Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow you're always a day away," sang Mary Anne.

"Go ahead, Harold, sing," said Mr. Gomes.

"What?" asked Mr. Tillis.

"Sing," said Mr. Gomes.

"The sun'll come out tomorrow bet your bottom that dollar there'll be sun," sang Mr. Tillis.

"Ikes," said Mr. Gomes.

"Just thinkin' about tomorrow," sang Mrs. Young.

"Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow til there's none," sang Mr. Tillis and Mrs. Young.

"The solo for the president," said Mr. Gomes. "When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely, I just stick out my chin and grin and say... everyone, you, too, Oliver, sing."

"The sun'll come out tomorrow so you gotta hang on til tomorrow. Come what may! Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow you're always a day away. Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow you're always a day... away!" They all sang as the song ended.

"Oliver, you a telegram from Grace saying 800 couples are at the mansion and said to get back right away," said Mr. Gomes.

"Oh, goody," said Mary Anne.

"Let's go, Annie," said Mr. Lins.

"Okay. Thank you. It was nice meeting you, President Roosevelt," said Mary Anne.

"Same here. I'll be seeing you tomorrow anyway," said Mr. Gomes.

They left.

"Good work. We can take a break. Then we'll get ready for scene three for I Don't Need Anything But You and Annie," said Mr. Jackson.

Mary Anne went to him and said, "Don't we need to do Something Was Missing before I Don't Need Anything But You and Annie according to my script?"

"You know what? You are so smart to remember that, thank you," said Mr. Jackson as he looked up. "There was an error. Mary Anne just informed me we'll do Something was Missing first."

"How does she know that?" asked Kristy.

"That song is always before I Don't Need Anything But You and Annie in all play versions," replied Kathi.

"Boy, she's so smart on that," said Stacey.

That was when Mary Anne came to join us.

"I'm surprised you remembered that," said Stacey.

"Easy to remember also according to the copy of the play version of Annie DVD," said Mary Anne.

"Good thing you told him," said Kathi.

"I know," agreed Mary Anne.

Then a country singer, Billy Gilman, who was about our age and two years younger than Mal & Jessi, came over to us.

"Hello. Which of you is playing Annie?" asked Billy.

"That's me. I'm Mary Anne Spier," said Mary Anne shyly.

"I'm Billy Gilman. I was watching you rehearsal today and you were super talented especially at singing," said Billy.

"Thank you," said my sister.

"My manager liked your singing voice as well. The entire Annie cast are selected to record the soundtrack at my recordings studio," said Billy.

"Whoa. Are you serious?" asked Kristy.

"Yes," replied Billy.

"Wow," said Mary Anne.

"May I have your autograph, Mary Anne?" asked Billy.

"Oh, my gosh! Yes!" exclaimed Mary Anne excitedly as Billy gave her the pad and paper as she signed her autograph and gave it back to him.

"Thank you," said Billy. "I'll go talk to your director about it."

He left for that.

"Oh, my goodness. I can't believe we're selected to record Annie soundtrack," said Mary Anne.

"I know. This is so exciting," agreed Kristy.

They are very lucky. I don't know if understudies would be doing that. Mr. Jackson must have agreed with the idea because Billy came back to us.

"It's all set. We'll set a date up in Hollywood," said Billy.

"Sweet," said Mary Anne.

They even cheered on that.

"I'll be staying for the rest of the rehearsal," said Billy.

"Wow," said Kristy.

"Get ready: Mrs. Bleechers, Mr. Lins, Mr. Wallace, and Mrs. Bleechers. The servants would be up after Something was Missing, so get ready when it's getting to the end," said Mr. Jackson.

They went on stage while the servants were backstage. Scene three started as Mary Anne and Mr. Lins returned from the White House going to Mrs. Bleechers.

"Where are my folks? Are they here?" asked Mary Anne.

"I interviewed all of 800 couples and no one knew about the locket," said Mrs. Bleechers.

"Oh," said Mary Anne.

Mr. Linders as Drake came with the telegram and said, "You got a teleman from the FBI."

"That's about Annie's locket," said Mr. Lins taking it to read. "Between 1918 and 1924, thousands of Annie's lockets were made and sold. FBI said it's impossible to trace yout parents through it."

Mr. Lins puts the locket back on Mary Anne.

"Oh," said Mary Anne going to sit.

"I'm very sorry," said Mr. Lins.

"I guess the kids can do okay without parents," said Mary Anne.

Mr. Lins sang Something Was Missing.

"Grace?" asked Mr. Lins.

"Yes, sir?" asked Mrs. Bleechers.

"Where are the adoption papers?" asked Mr. Lins as he went to Mary Anne. "Annie, I want to adopt you."

"Adopt me?" asked Mary Anne.

"Yes. What's your answer?" asked Mr. Lins.

"Well, if I can't have my real mom and dad, I would truly love if you were my father, Mr. Warbucks," said Mary Anne as they hugged.

They talked about the party.

"Annie, I'm the luckiest man in the world," said Mr. Lins.

"And I'm the luckiest kid," said Mary Anne.

The song started.

"Together at last," sang Mr. Lins.

"Together forever," sang Mary Anne.

"We're tying a knot so they never can sever," sang Mary Anne and Mr. Lins.

"I don't need sunshine to turn my skies to blue," sang Mary Anne.

"I don't need anything but you," sang Mary Anne and Mr. Lins.

"You've wrapped me around that cute little finger. You've made life a song. You've made me the singer," sang Mr. Lins.

"And what's the bathtub tune you always Bu-Bu-Boo?" sang Mary Anne.

"Bu-Bu-Bu anything but you," sang Mr. Lins.

"Yesterday was plain awful," sang Mary Anne.

"You can say that again," sang Mr. Lins.

"Yesterday was plain awful," sang Mary Anne.

"But that's," sang Mr. Lins.

"Not now," sang Mary Anne.

"That's then," sang Mary Anne and Mr. Lins.

"I'm a poor as a mouse," sang Mary Anne.

"I'm richer than Midas," sang Mr. Lins.

"But nothing on earth could ever divide us. And if tomorrow, I'm an apple seller, too- I don't need anything but you," sang Mary Anne and Mr. Lins.

Then they took off while the servant choir sang Annie. Mr. Lins came down.

"Judge Brandeis," said Grace.

"This is terrific. And now may I present Annie," said Mr. Lins.

Mary Anne came going to Mr. Lins as they danced.

"They're two of a kind the happiest pair now. Like Fred and Adelle, they're floating on air now. And what's the title of the dream that just come true?" sang the servants.

"I don't need anything," sang Mr. Lins.

"Anything," sang Mary Anne.

"Anything. I don't need anything but... you!" they all sang as the song ended.

"Splendid job, everyone. Let's take another break and start it again from the top," said Mr. Jackson.

After the rehearsal, we went to Claudia's. They were still talking how about excited they were doing the Annie soundtrack.

"Two more scenes until Act 2 is done. Then we'd be doing the entire Act 2 on Friday," said Kristy.

"And you were famous when Billy asked you for your autograph, Mary Anne," said Stacey.

"I know," agreed Mary Anne.

"Let's drop the...," I started.

"Stop being so jealous again," Kristy interrupted.

"You promised you wouldn't do that again, so don't break it. What if an older orphan couldn't make it, you would have a chance to go," added Mary Anne.

"Exactly," agreed Stacey.

"Be paitent," said Kristy.

"You wouldn't like it someone tells you to drop it you're excited for anything. You should be happy for us," continued Claud.

After the meeting, at home, Richard looked much better than before.

"Hi, girls," said Richard.

"Hi, Dad," said Mary Anne at the same time when I said, "Hi, Richard."

"How was the rehearsal today?" asked Richard.

"It was fun. We had a guest country singer named Billy Gilman. He commented me on my singing and acting skills. He even asked me for my autograph," said Mary Anne.

"That's good," said my stepfather.

"According to Billy, his manager liked my singing voice, too. Here's the best part: we were told the entire Annie cast would be recording for the soundtrack," continued my sister.

"That's wonderful, honey," smiled her father.

"I know. We were all thrilled," said Mary Anne.

"I bet," said Richard.

After dinner, Mary Anne went to her room to do the report.

"Is she going to help me though?" I asked.

"She has to continue her report. She's going to be excused. I already told her she could," said Richard.

She started to do some in between breaks. She was done an hour later.

"You're finished already?" I asked.

"I sure am," replied Mary Anne.

"Goodness. You're always done so early," I said.

"I just like to get stuff done ahead of time so I can have free time," my sister told me.

"Did you even copy everything from the book?" I asked.

"You can't do that. You must use your own words like Mr. Holmes mentioned, so that's what I did," said Mary Anne.

The next day, at school, she passed in her report.

"Thank you," said the teacher.

Mary Anne went back to her seat.

"Boy, you're done early," said Kristy.

"I know. I said the same," I said.

"I like to get my work done early," said Mary Anne.

Later, Mary Anne had her report back with an A+ with no errors, sentences are written clearly, etc. Imagine if she'd be perfect writer one day? Most of us get to continue during the report in class.

"May I go the library to return the book?" asked Mary Anne.

"Go ahead," said the teacher as he wrote the pass and gave it to Mary Anne.

"Thank you," said Mary Anne as she left for the library.

She came back in ten to fifteen minutes.

"You may have free time since you were the first one done and passed it," said Mr. Holmes.

"Okay," said Mary Anne.

That was when Billy came in and said, "Hello. May I borrow Mary Anne please?"

"Of course," said the teacher.

She got up and went to him.

"Mr. Jackson just wanted to tell you something you could be excited for," said Billy.

"Nice," said Mary Anne.

In the office, Mr. Jackson was smiling.

"What's going on here?" asked Mary Anne.

"I had a phone call from Stoneybrook Times and an interviewer would be coming here tomorrow morning to interview you and the other Annie cast," replied the director.

"Oh, my gosh. Are you kidding me?" asked Mary Anne.

"No," said Mr. Jackson.

"Wow," said Mary Anne.

"That's not all. How would you feel when I tell you that you'll be on Tony Awards?" asked Mr. Jackson.

"Really? I would feel excited," said Mary Anne.

"In fact, you're selected to perform on stage," continued Mr. Jackson. "I'll make an announcement on that tomorrow."

"Okay," said my sister.

"I'll have more news to give as well," said Mr. Jackson.



















Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment