Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - Stacey III

Do you like Musicals? Is Annie your favorite? Then enjoy this all new fanfiction story!

Chapter 20 - Stacey III

Chapter 20 - Stacey III
A week later, on Wednesday, it was the day we get to perform the entire play. Mary Anne was ready. She looked very nice in the blue work dress with the yellow shirt under it. We were getting make-up and hair done. Besides being the Star-To-Be and the servant, I'm in the scene with the homeless people.

"You still look sharp in the costumes," I commented.

"Thanks," said Mary Anne.

Her hair was going to up in a ponytail with a braid in it. It was her choice anyway. She was ready after that. She'd have curls later for the adoption party before Ms. Rosenburg and Mr. Lee interrupts. They don't have any other parts besides Lily and Rooster. She went backstage.

"This is very exciting," said Mary Anne.

"I bet. This is it," said Kristy.

She was wearing a red work dress and white shirt under it. Then the play was about to start. The musicians did the overtone and then the curtain went up.

"Mama! Mama! Mommy!" Mallory called out.

"Shut up," said Marci.

"Can't anyone get any sleep around here?" asked Cokie.

"Mama! Mommy!" called Mallory.

"I said shut your trap, Molly," said Marci pushing Mal off the bed.

"Don't push that poor kid. She did nothing to you," said Claudia.

"She kept me up awake, ain't she?" asked Marci.

"No, you're keeping us awake," said Claudia.

"Wanna make something out of it, July?" asked Marci.

They started fighting.

"Oh, my goodness. They're fighting," said Jessi.

Mary Anne came from the curtain.

"Pipe down! All of you! Go back to sleep!" said Mary Anne going to Mallory. "It's alright, Molly, Annie's here."

"It was my mama, Annie, we were riding on a ferryboat. She was holding me to see all the big ships. And then she left waving and I couldn't find her anymore," said Mallory.

"It's only a dream, honey, you have to get back to sleep now. It's after three o'clock," said Mary Anne.

"Annie, read me your note," said Mallory.

"My note? Again?" asked Mary Anne.

"Please?" asked Mallory.

"Sure, Molly," replied Mary Anne.

"Here it comes again. Ahh!" shouted Marci.

Everyone laughed.

"Please take good care of our little darling. Her name is Annie. She was born on...," started Mary Anne.

"She was born on October 28th. We'll be back to get her soon," said Cokie.

"We have left a half-silver locket around her neck and kept the other half," said Cokie and Marci.

"So that when we come back for her, you will know that she's our baby," said the rest except for Mal and Jessi as they were laughing.

"Oh, my goodness! Now they're laughing," said Jessi.

"Alright," said Mary Anne going to Marci angrily. "Do you wanna sleep with your teeth inside your mouth or out?"

They laughed as Mary Anne headed back to Mallory.

"Gee, Annie, you're lucky. I wish I'd have my parents again, but you really got them," said Mallory.

"I know. Somewhere," said Mary Anne as the song started. "Maybe far away or maybe real nearby. He may be pouring her coffee. She may be straightening his tie. Maybe in a house, all hidden by a hill. She's sitting playing piano. He's sitting paying a bill. Betcha they're young, betcha they're smart. Bet they collect things like ashtrays and art. Betcha they're good. Why shouldn't they be? Their one mistake was giving up me. So, maybe now it's time and maybe when I wake. They'll be calling me baby. Maybe."

The song continued as Mary Anne puts Mallory in bed and sat on her side of the bed.

"Betcha he reads, betcha she sews. Maybe she's made me a closet of clothes. Maybe they're strict as straight as a line. Don't really care as long as they're mine. So, maybe now this prayer's the last one of its kind. Won't you please come get your baby?" sang Mary Anne as she laid in bed. "Maybe."

The song ended as the audience applauded. The clock chimed for four am. Mary Anne gets up, looks out the window, and went to under the bed to pack a bag.

"Now what?" asked Marci.

"Annie, what are you doing?" asked Kristy.

"I'm running away," replied Mary Anne.

"Oh, my goodness," said Jessi.

"My parents aren't coming back for me, so I'm going to find them," said Mary Anne.

"Annie, you're nuts. Miss Hannigan will catch you," warned Claudia.

"And hit you with the paddle," added Jessi.

"I don't care. I'm getting out of here. Okay, I'm ready. Wish me luck," said Mary Anne.

"Good luck, Annie," said the others.

"Good luck, Dumbbell," said Marci.

Mary Anne was trying to get out when Mrs. Boyd, playing Miss Hannigan, came.

"Ahh. I caught you! I hear you. I always hear you. Bend over," said Mrs. Boyd as she stood still. "I said bend over."

She did as Mrs. Boyd hit Mary Anne with the paddle.

"Now what do you say?" asked Mrs. Boyd as Mary Anne remained silent. "What you do say?"

"I love you, Miss Hannigan," replied Mary Anne.

"Rotten orphan," said Mrs. Boyd.

"I'm not an orphan. My folks left me with a note saying they love me and they'd come back for me," said Mary Anne.

"That was 1922. This is 1933. Get up, everyone!" said Mrs. Boyd. "Annie was trying to escape again. You're all going to strip the beds for the laundry man."

"But it's four o'clock in the morning," said Jessi.

"Oh, I know. Then you'll get down on your knees and clean this dump until it shines like the top of the Crysler Building," said Mrs. Boyd.

"Yes, Miss Hannigan," said the rest.

"Get to work. Now," said Mrs. Boyd. "Why a kid wants to be an orphan? I'll never know."

The audience laughed as the song started.

"It's the hard-knock life for us, it's the hard-knock life for us," they sang.

"Instead of treated," sang Mary Anne.

"We get tricked," they sang.

"Instead of kisses," sang Mary Anne.

"We get kicked. It's the hard-knock life," they sang. "We got no folks to speak of, so it's the hard-knock role we hoe."

"Cotton blankets," sang Mary Anne.

"Instead of wool," they sang.

"Empty bellies," sang Mary Anne.

"Instead of full, it's the hard-knock life," they sang.

"Don't it feel like the wind is always howling?" sang Mary Anne.

"Don't it seem there's never any light?" sang Claudia and Kristy.

"Once a day, don't you wanna throw the towel in?" sang Mallory and Jessi.

"It's easier than putting up a fight," sang Marci and Cokie.

"No one's there when your dreams at night get creepy, no one cares if you grow or if you shrink, no one dries your eyes when they get weepy," sang Mary Anne.

"From the crying you think this place's sink. Oh!" they sang. "Empty-bellies life, rotten-smelly life, full-of-sorrow life, no-tomorrow life."

"Santa Claus we never see," sang Mallory.

"Santa Claus, what's that? Who's he?" sang Mary Anne.

"No one cares for you a smidge when you're in the orphanage," they sang.

"You'll stay up till this dump shines like the top of the Chrysler Building," said Mallory pretending to be Miss Hannigan.

"Yank the whiskers from her chin. Jab her with a safety pin. Make her drink a mickey finn," they sang. "I love you, Miss Hannigan."

"Get to work now! Strip the beds! I said get to work!" said Mallory.

"It's the hard-knock life for us, it's the hard-knock life for us. No one cares for you a smidge when you're in an orphanage. It's the hard-knock life, it's the hard-knock life, it's...the...hard-knock...life!" they sang as the song ended.

They applauded.

Then Mrs. Boyd came and blew the whistle.

"Good morning, children," said Mrs. Boyd.

"Good morning, Miss Hannigan," they said.

"Well?" asked Mrs. Boyd.

"We love you, Miss Hannigan," they said.

"We love you, Miss Hannigan," said Mallory from the laundry basket as the audience laughed.

Mrs. Boyd went there and said, "What are you doing in there?"

"Nothing," said Mallory.

"Get her out of there. Your days are numbered," said Mrs. Boyd.

Mr. Lohan as Mr. Bundles arrives and said, "Laundry man. Good morning, kids."

"Morning, Mr. Bundles," they said.

"I got clean sheets every month," said Mr. Lohan.

Mary Anne and the orphans got them. While Mr. Lohan was chatting with Mrs. Boyd, Mary Anne climbed into the laundry basket lying in it while the girls covered her. They finished in time and Mr. Lohan left.

"You call this clean, Annie? This is still messy," said Mrs. Boyd with no respond. "Annie? Annie?"

"Annie ain't here," the orphans choired.

"What do you mean Annie ain't here?" asked Mrs. Boyd.

"She just left with Mr. Bundles," said Kristy.

"In the laundry basket," added Marci.

"Mr. Bundles! Help, police!" exclaimed Mrs. Boyd leaving the stage while they were laughing.

They did the reprise of It's The Hard-Knock Life. The scene changed to outside while Mary Anne was walking.

"Apples for sell. Apples for sell," said Mrs. Young. "Do you want one, young lady?"

"Yes, please. Thank you, ma'am," replied Mary Anne as she sat down.

"Have you seen a stray around here?" asked Mr. Gomes as the dogcatcher.

"No, sir," answered Mary Anne as he left.

Then she spotted a dog.

"Hey, here's one they didn't get. Come here, boy," said Mary Anne as he came to her to lay next to her. "Aww, did they hurt you? They're after you, ain't they? They're after me, too. But don't worry I won't let them get me or you. Everything will be fine for the both of us. If not today, well."

The song started.

"The sun'll come out tomorrow bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun. Just thinking about tomorrow clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow til there's none. When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely, I just stick out my chin and grin and say, oh. The sun'll come out tomorrow so you gotta hang on til tomorrow. Come what may. Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow you're always a day away," sang Mary Anne as the song paused.

"Hey, you! Little girl. Come here," said Mr. Lins.

She went to him and said, "Yes, officer?"

"That dog there. Haven't I seen him around here before? Isn't he a stray?" asked Mr. Lins.

"A stray? Oh, no, officer. He's my dog," replied Mary Anne.

"Your dog, huh? So, what's his name?" asked Mr. Lins.

"His name? Oh, his name is, um, Sandy. Yes, that's right, Sandy. I call him Sandy because see, his fur is a nice, sandy color," replied Mary Anne.

"Sandy color, alright. Let's see if Sandy answers his name," said Mr. Lins.

"Answer? You mean when I call him?" asked Mary Anne.

"Right. When you call him by his name, Sandy," said Mr. Lins.

"Well, you see, officer, I just got him," said Mary Anne.

"Call him," said Mr. Lins.

"Okay," said Mary Anne as she walked away to the center stage and kneeled down. "Sandy. Here, Sandy. Here, boy."

Rocky went to her.

"Good, Sandy. Good old Sandy," said Mary Anne as everyone laughed.

"Maybe he is your dog. But the next time you take him out, I want to see him with the leash and the license otherwise he goes to the pound and they'll put him to sleep. Do you understand?" asked Mr. Lins.

"Yes, sir, I understand with the leash and license," said Mary Anne.

"Now get on before you catch a cold in this weather," said Mr. Lins.

"Oh, I don't mind the weather," said Mary Anne as the song started up. "When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely, I just stick out my chin and grin and say...oh! The sun'll come out tomorrow so you gotta hang on til tomorrow. Come what may! Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow you're always a day away. Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow you're always a day...away!"

The song ended as everyone clapped. Later, it the locket scene.

Mary Anne was behind the curtains outside the near the doors when Mrs. Bleechers goes to Mr. Lins to give him the package from Tiffany and Co.

"Oh, thank you. Where's Annie?" asked Mr. Lins.

"She's writing to her friends," replied Mrs. Bleechers.

"Have Drake get Annie," said Mr. Lins.

"Drake, tell Annie Mr. Warbucks wants to see her," said Mrs. Bleechers.

Mary Anne came in to Mr. Lins two seconds later.

"Hello, Annie, how are you today?" asked Mr. Lins.

"Very well. Thanks," said Mary Anne.

"I'll leave you both alone," said Mrs. Bleechers.

"Mind if we have a talk?" asked Mr. Lins.

"You're not sending me back to the orphanage, are you?" asked Mary Anne.

"Of course not. I became an orphan as a child myself. I was about your age when my parents died. So, from that day on, I became very rich," said Mr. Lins.

"Good idea," commented Mary Anne.

"What's the life without you when you don't have someone to share with? Do you get what I'm saying?" asked Mr. Lins.

"Sure. Kind of. Not really," replied Mary Anne.

"Well, maybe this would explain it better," said Mr. Lins giving her the jewelry box.

When she opened it, it was a new locket.

"Oh, gee. Thank you," said Mary Anne.

"I noticed you've been wearing the old one, so I decided to give you the new...," said Mr. Lins trying to take it off.

"No! I don't want a new one," said Mary Anne getting away.

"Annie, what is it?" asked Mr. Lins.

"When my folks left at the orphanage, they left me with this half-locket along with a note saying they'd come back for me one day. Mr. Warbucks, I love being here, but all I want is to find my parents," said Mary Anne running to Mrs. Bleechers sobbing.

"I'll help you find them. All I need is your locket and the note so the FBI to trace it to your parents," said Mr. Lins.

"Really?" asked Mary Anne.

"Yes," smiled Mr. Lins.

She takes off the locket and takes out the note to give them to Mr. Lins.

"Thank you," said Mary Anne.

They sang You Won't Be An Orphan For Long.

"May I go finish writing to my friends to tell them?" asked Mary Anne.

"Sure," said Mr. Lins.

She took off to finish the letter while the reprise of Maybe started.

"Maybe now it's time and maybe when I wake. They'll be calling me baby. Maybe," sang Mary Anne as the song ended.

Everyone clapped while the curtain went down for the intermission. Mary Anne was out putting on a costume for the radio scene for You're Never Fully Dressed Without a Smile. She was in a sailor dress with the hat with her hair down.

"You were fantastic out there," I commented.

"So are you," said Mary Anne with a smile.

"I bet everyone is going to interested in you afterwards," I said.

She giggled and said, "Me, too."

Ten minutes later, it was time to start act 2. Then later, Mary Anne and Mr. Lins were at the White House. They were having a meeting about what they can do to help.

"The sun'll come out tomorrow bet your bottom that dollar there'll be sun," sang Mary Anne.

"Quiet, little girl," said Mr. Tillis.

"No, Harold. Go ahead, Annie, it's still a free country," said Mr. Gomes.

The song began as Mary Anne stood on the table.

"Just thinkin' about tomorrow clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow til there's none. When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely, I just stick out my chin and grin and say...oh. The sun'll come out tomorrow so you gotta hang on til tomorrow. Come what may. Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow you're always a day away," sang Mary Anne.

"Go ahead, Harold, sing," said Mr. Gomes.

"What?" asked Mr. Tillis.

"Sing," said Mr. Gomes.

"The sun'll come out tomorrow bet your bottom that dollar there'll be sun," sang Mr. Tillis.

"Ikes," said Mr. Gomes.

"Just thinkin' about tomorrow," sang Mrs. Young.

"Clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow til there's none," sang Mr. Tillis and Mrs. Young.

"The solo for the president," said Mr. Gomes. "When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely, I just stick out my chin and grin and say... everyone, you, too, Oliver, sing."

"The sun'll come out tomorrow so you gotta hang on til tomorrow. Come what may! Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow you're always a day away. Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow you're always a day... away!" They all sang as the song ended while the audience applauded.

"Oliver, you have a telegram from Grace saying 800 couples are at the mansion and said to get back right away," said Mr. Gomes.

"Oh, goody," said Mary Anne.

"Let's go, Annie," said Mr. Lins.

"Okay. Thank you. It was nice meeting you, President Roosevelt," said Mary Anne.

"Same here. I'll be seeing you tomorrow anyway," said Mr. Gomes.

They left as the scene changed to the mansion. Mary Anne and Mr. Lins returned from the White House going to Mrs. Bleechers.

"Where are my folks? Are they here?" asked Mary Anne.

"I interviewed all of 800 couples and no one knew about the locket," said Mrs. Bleechers.

"Oh," said Mary Anne.

Mr. Linders as Drake came with the telegram and said, "You got a teleman from the FBI."

"That's about Annie's locket," said Mr. Lins taking it to read. "Between 1918 and 1924, thousands of Annie's lockets were made and sold. FBI said it's impossible to trace yout parents through it."

Mr. Lins puts the locket back on Mary Anne.

"Oh," said Mary Anne going to sit.

"I'm very sorry," said Mr. Lins.

"I guess the kids can do okay without parents," said Mary Anne.

Mr. Lins sang Something Was Missing.

"Grace?" asked Mr. Lins.

"Yes, sir?" asked Mrs. Bleechers.

"Where are the adoption papers?" asked Mr. Lins as he went to Mary Anne. "Annie, I want to adopt you."

"Adopt me?" asked Mary Anne.

"Yes. What's your answer?" asked Mr. Lins.

"Well, if I can't have my real mom and dad, I would truly love if you were my father, Mr. Warbucks," said Mary Anne as they hugged.

They talked about the party.

"Annie, I'm the luckiest man in the world," said Mr. Lins.

"And I'm the luckiest kid," said Mary Anne.

The song started.

"Together at last," sang Mr. Lins.

"Together forever," sang Mary Anne.

"We're tying a knot so they never can sever," sang Mary Anne and Mr. Lins.

"I don't need sunshine to turn my skies to blue," sang Mary Anne.

"I don't need anything but you," sang Mary Anne and Mr. Lins.

"You've wrapped me around that cute little finger. You've made life a song. You've made me the singer," sang Mr. Lins.

"And what's the bathtub tune you always Bu-Bu-Boo?" sang Mary Anne.

"Bu-Bu-Bu anything but you," sang Mr. Lins.

"Yesterday was plain awful," sang Mary Anne.

"You can say that again," sang Mr. Lins.

"Yesterday was plain awful," sang Mary Anne.

"But that's," sang Mr. Lins.

"Not now," sang Mary Anne.

"That's then," sang Mary Anne and Mr. Lins.

"I'm a poor as a mouse," sang Mary Anne.

"I'm richer than Midas," sang Mr. Lins.

"But nothing on earth could ever divide us. And if tomorrow, I'm an apple seller, too- I don't need anything but you," sang Mary Anne and Mr. Lins.

Then they took while the servant choir sang Annie. Mr. Lins came down.

"Judge Brandeis," said Grace.

"This is terrific. And now may I present Annie," said Mr. Lins.

Mary Anne came down in the red dress with curly hair as she went to Mr. Lins as they danced.

"They're two of a kind the happiest pair now. Like Fred and Adelle, they're floating on air now. And what's the title of the dream that just come true?" sang the servants.

"I don't need anything," sang Mr. Lins.

"Anything," sang Mary Anne.

"Anything. I don't need anything but... you!" they all sang as the song ended.

The audience clappped. Judge Brandeis was about to start to sign adoption papers when Mr. Linders came by.

"Excuse me, sir, before you start. May I present the Mudges," said Mr. Linders.

Ms. Rosenburg and Mr. Lee came in as the Mudges.

"There is our Annie," said Mr. Lee.

"Who are you?" asked Mary Anne.

"Honey, we're your parents," replied Ms. Rosenburg.

"We're Ralph and Shirley Mudge," said Mr. Lee.

"Annie Mudge?" asked Mr. Lins.

"We loved you very much, but we had to leave you behind. We were offered a job on a farm in Canada," explained Ms. Rosenburg.

"We interview about 800 couples and...," Mrs. Bleechers started.

"I'm assuming you want to see our IDs. Here's our driver's licenses and uh, Annie's birth certificate," said Mr. Lee pretending to give them to Mrs. Bleechers going to Mr. Lins.

"Ann Elizabeth Mudge born in New York City on October 28, 1922," read Mr. Lins.

"Hey, that's my birthday," said Mary Anne.

"And there is one more thing," said Mrs. Bleechers.

"Look, Ralph, she's wearing the locket!" exclaimed Ms. Rosenburg.

"See, when we left Annie at the orphanage, we left her with the half-sliver locket and kept the other half. When we went to the orphanage, a kind lady told us Annie was here," said Mr. Lee as he took out a piece of a locket and it fits just right. "See? Perfect fit."

"I'm glad we found our little girl," said Ms. Rosenburg.

"Mr. Mudge, what about the money?" asked Mr. Lins.

"What money?" asked Mr. Lee.

"Mr. Warbucks was offering $50,000 to the couples who can prove that they're Annie's folks," said Mrs. Bleechers.

"I didn't hear that. Plus, we don't need money," said Mr. Lee.

"On the other hand, we can afford to bring Annie up right with the reward money," said Ms. Rosenburg.

"Mind if Annie stays here until tomorrow so she can spend Christmas with us? So, you can pick her up along with the check," said Mr. Lins.

"Well, alright, it's fine by us, sir," said Mr. Lee.

"Bye, Annie, dear," said Ms. Rosenburg.

"Until tomorrow morning, and then you would be living with us for good," said Mr. Lee as they left when he bumped into Mrs. Bleechers. "Sorry, ma'am."

Mary Anne looked up at Mr. Lins and said, "This is wonderful news. Let's go share with it with the guests."

She went to the center of the stage with her head down and looks up looking pale.

"Drake, champagne," said Mr. Lins.

"Of course, sir," said Mr. Linders.

"We should celebrate. We just got good news tonight. Annie has found her parents. I propose a toast," said Mr. Lins raising Mary Anne looks up. "Here's to Annie Mudge."

"To Annie Mudge," said the rest.

Mary Anne looks again and took off to upstairs while Mrs. Bleechers follows Mary Anne halfway.

"Annie," said Mrs. Bleechers to Mr. Lins. "Sir, I'm sure I've seen that Mr. Mudge before, but I'm not sure where and he's not who he says."

"We'll not give her until we are certain they're not her real mom and dad," said Mr. Lins. "I'll go straight to the top to the President of the United States."

The scene changed to Christmas morning with Mary Anne came down with the suitcase while wearing the blue dress with a yellow bow and sat on the steps as the song started.

"Silly to cry. Nothing to fear. Betcha where they lived is nice as right here. Betcha my life is gonna be swell. Just looking at them, it's easy to tell. And maybe I'll forget how nice he was to me and how I was almost his baby. Maybe," sang Mary Anne as the song ended.

Mr. Lins and Mrs. Bleechers came noticing Mary Anne.

"Merry Christmas, Annie," said Mr. Lins and Mrs. Bleechers.

"Merry Christmas," said Mary Anne.

"You're up early," said Mr. Lins as he and Mrs. Bleechers sat beside her.

"My parents are coming from New Jersey," said Mary Anne. "You're up early, too."

"We've been up all night with the president," said Mr. Lins.

"You mean he's here?" asked Mary Anne.

"Yes," said Mr. Lins.

Then Mr. Lee and Ms. Rosenburg came.

"Hello, Annie, Merry Christmas," said Mr. Lee.

"Here's for the check of $50,000," said Mrs. Bleechers.

When they got that, it read, "The jig is up."

Mary Anne got puzzled. Then Mr. Gomes came out.

"Well, it's the Mudges. We learned that those were the pen names of Daniel Hannigan known as Rooster & Danny the Dip and Lily St. Regis," said Mr. Gomes.

That was when Mrs. Boyd came with the orphans.

"Merry Christmas," said Mrs. Boyd.

"Merry Christmas," said Mary Anne going to them.

"Well, it's Agatha Hannigan known as Aggie," said Mr. Gomes.

"She helped us out," said Mr. Lee.

"What?" asked Mary Anne.

"So, you're just pretending to be Annie's parents for the reward money?" asked Mrs. Bleechers.

"Uh, Annie, save me," said Mrs. Boyd going to Mary Anne. "Tell these people I've been good to you."

"I wish I could, Miss Hannigan, but except for one thing, you always taught me never tell a lie," said Mary Anne.

"Your days are numbered," Mallory mocking Mrs. Boyd.

The FBI took Mr. Lee, Mrs. Boyd, and Ms. Rosenburg away. Mary Anne went to them.

"Miss Hannigan is gone for good," said Mary Anne.

"And Annie, I have some news for you. The FBI was able to trace the handwriting from your note," said Mr. Gomes as Mary Anne turned to him. "And your parents are David and Maragret Bennett."

"The Bennetts are my real mom and dad?" asked Mary Anne as he nodded. "Where are they?"

"Annie," said Mr. Lins as she turns to him. "They passed away a long time ago."

"You mean they're in heaven?" asked Mary Anne.

"Yes, dear, I'm afraid so," replied Mr. Gomes.

"So, I'm an orphan after all," said Mary Anne as she had her head down walking towards to the center.

"Annie, are you alright?" asked Mrs. Bleechers walking halfway while Mary Anne stopped.

"Yeah. I think so," said Mary Anne as she turned slowly. "See, I always my folks loved me and they'd come back for me if they were alive."

"Would you still like to be Annie Bennett Warbucks?" asked Mr. Lins.

"I still like that very much," smiled Mary Anne.

"I love you," said Mr. Lins.

"And I love you more, Daddy Warbucks," said Mary Anne as they hugged.

Mary Anne introduces us to Mr. Lins and everyone else. Then they sang A New Deal For Christmas. That was the end of the play and we all bowed as everyone clapped. We went out front.

"You were fantastic, Mary Anne," said Patti.

"Thank you," said Mary Anne.

"You certainly did proved Cokie wrong," said Patti.

"I know I did," agreed Mary Anne who was laughing.

"I bet you will for the entire time," said Patti.

"Me, too," said Mary Anne. "I can hardly wait until the whole weekend."

"I bet that would be very exciting," said Patti.

"You bet it would be," said Kathi.

Then we changed into our regular clothes after we did some autographs. Mary Anne was famous. Between you and me, she signed the most autographs than any of us. We didn't care though. We were all happy for her.

"I told you everyone would be interested in you," I said.

"I know you did. I knew it right away," said Mary Anne. "Next step is the Tony Awards, the movie, and the soundtrack."

"I agree with you on that," said Kristy.





















Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment