Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 21 - Claudia IV

Do you like Musicals? Is Annie your favorite? Then enjoy this all new fanfiction story!

Chapter 21 - Claudia IV

Chapter 21 - Claudia IV
After school, at home, I was watching a movie when the doorbell rang and got up to answer. It was April. She's early. Isn't she supposed to be at Mary Anne's?

"You're early," I said.

"I just moved back here actually. I didn't go to school in Maine because we left this morning at around seven or eight. I wanted to surprise Mary Anne," said April.

"You did?" I asked. "Where do you live now?"

"Not far from you. Over on Fawcutt Street," replied April.

"No kidding. That's where Jessi lives!" I exclaimed. "Stacey used to live there until eighth grade when she had to move back to New York City before her parents got divorced."

"Isn't that funny? I live next door to Mrs. Savannah Morrison and she's very nice. I even met her husband and three kids," said April.

"Are you here with your family?" I asked.

"No. My parents just got divorced. I didn't tell Mary Anne I was moving back here since I was planning to surprise her," said April.

"That's awful to hear," I said.

"I know," said April. "I'm the only one here with Mom because both of my sisters want to stay in Maine with Dad because they love it there."

"Oh, are you upset about the family splitting apart?" I asked.

"A little," said April.

"Dawn's the same way. So she would know how you're feeling about it. Jeff was here until he moved back to California because he was too miserable here," I said.

"That's true," said April. "I just wish my folks wouldn't divorce at all."

"This is nice though since you, Mary Anne, Kristy, and I would be together again everyday now," I said.

"At least that would make me better. That's why I wanted to be back because I wanted to see you all again," said April.

"We must have read each other's minds or something," I said as we laughed. "Do you want to stay here to surprise Mary Anne and Kristy at the same time?"

"Good idea," replied April. "Did I forget to mention to surprise Kristy?"

"You did," I answered.

"Opps," said April.

"That's okay," I said. "We performed the play of Annie at our school today."

"Really? How was it?" asked April.

"It was fun. Mary Anne did ended up proving Cokie wrong that she wasn't too nervous to memorize a thing since we've been rehearsing all this time and when she didn't use the script at all," I replied.

"That's a good thing," said April as I agreed on that.

"I can't wait for the weekend now," I said.

"I bet. I can't wait to watch you perform on Tony Awards and watching making the movie," said April.

Later, at the meeting, April was downstairs while waiting for both Mary Anne and Kristy, who are on their way together, to arrive. They were at Mary Anne's. Their plan was to walk here today for a change since it was a nice day out. Dawn is with them of course. When they arrived, Mary Anne nearly went by April.

"April?" asked Mary Anne.

"Mary Anne," said April as they hugged.

"What are you doing here?" asked Kristy.

"I live here now," replied April.

"You do?" asked Mary Anne excitedly.

"Yes. I live on Fawcutt Street," said April.

"No way!" exclaimed Jessi. "Awesome."

"How far do you live from Jessi's?" asked Kristy.

"Just down the street and next door to the Morrisons," replied April.

"I know who they are. Savannah's my godmother from my mother's side. They were best friends from college," said Mary Anne.

"Really?" asked April as Mary Anne nodded.

"I haven't seen them since I was ten or eleven," said Mary Anne.

"Wow," said April. "That's so cool."

"I know where they live, so it would be easy to find your house," said Mary Anne as they giggled.

"At least I'd still spend the New York City trip weekend with you," said April.

"That's true," smiled Mary Anne. "This is a nice surprise that you moved here."

"Yeah. My parents just got divorced and I moved here with my mom while my sisters and Dad stayed in Portland since they all enjoyed living there," said April.

"Sorry to hear that," said Mary Anne.

"Thanks. My parents have been fighting a lot," said April.

"I know how that feels," said Stacey who had just arrived. "All the fighting upsets me, too."

"It was upsetting me and my sisters as well. I'm glad they're not together anymore so they can get along better," said April.

"That's true," said Dawn. "My mom still gets along with my dad."

"Depends on the relationships. They would still fight afterwards," said Stacey.

"I hope my parents would get along," said April. "I got a feeling it might take awhile for me to get used to it."

"It took me awhile," said Stacey.

"Me, too," said Dawn.

"I was too upset to go to school when my parents were getting divorced when I was younger. Even though I never hear from my dad, I still love him and miss him a lot," said Kristy. "I wish I could see him no matter what happens."

At the meeting, we decided to let April join the club.

"You can be a new member of the club," said Mary Anne.

"I would like that very much," smiled April. "Thank you."

"What can she be?" asked Claudia.

"Well, I'm good at math. I always get A plusses," said April.

"Want to be the vice-treasurer? I'm not good at math at all," said Dawn.

"Okay. Fine with me," said April.

"We're all set then. Want to baby-sit for Derek with me on Monday night to be trained?" asked Mary Anne.

"Sounds good," replied April.

"She can help with Mallory's siblings at night as well," said Kristy.

"Good idea," said Mary Anne.

"I agree," said April. "Especially with seven younger siblings."

We all laughed at that. On Friday, it was the big day to leave for New York City. One of our parents get to come along. So, Mr. Spier would be with Mary Anne. We're all excited especially Mary Anne since she'd be performing on Tony Awards later on tonight. She doesn't seem to be nervous at all and I don't think she would ever be nervous. I bet she'd do really good tonight. That night, Mary Anne was backstage with Rocky waiting to perform since Tony Awards is about to begin. She already found out she'd be the first one to perform and is already excited about it.

When it was time, we heard an announcment for the Tomorrow scene. Mr. Lins, who the police costume, was on stage to announce that. Mary Anne was sitting on stage with her costume with Rocky.

"Aww, did they hurt you? They're after you, ain't they? They're after me, too. But don't worry I won't let them get me or you. Everything will be fine for the both of us. If not today, well," said Mary Anne as the song started. "The sun'll come out tomorrow bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun.

Just thinking about tomorrow clears away the cobwebs and the sorrow til there's none. When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely, I just stick out my chin and grin and say, oh. The sun'll come out tomorrow so you gotta hang on till tomorrow. Come what may. Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow you're always a day away," sang Mary Anne as the song paused.

"Hey, you! Little girl. Come here," said Mr. Lins.

She went to him and said, "Yes, officer?"

"That dog there. Haven't I seen him around here before? Isn't he a stray?" asked Mr. Lins.

"A stray? Oh, no, officer. He's my dog," replied Mary Anne.

"Your dog, huh? So, what's his name?" asked Mr. Lins.

"His name? Oh, his name is, um, Sandy. Yes, that's right, Sandy. I call him Sandy because see, his fur is a nice, sandy color," replied Mary Anne.

"Sandy color, alright. Let's see if Sandy answers his name," said Mr. Lins.

"Answer? You mean when I call him?" asked Mary Anne.

"Right. When you call him by his name, Sandy," said Mr. Lins.

"Well, you see, officer, I just got him," said Mary Anne.

"Call him," said Mr. Lins.

"Okay," said Mary Anne as she walked away to the center stage and kneeled down. "Sandy. Here, Sandy. Here, boy."

Rocky went to her as the audience applauded.

"Good, Sandy. Good old Sandy," said Mary Anne as everyone laughed.

"Maybe he is your dog. But the next time you take him out, I want to see him with the leash and the license otherwise he goes to the pound and they'll put him to sleep. Do you understand?" asked Mr. Lins.

"Yes, sir, I understand with the leash and license," said Mary Anne.

"Now get on before you catch a cold in this weather," said Mr. Lins.

"Oh, I don't mind the weather," said Mary Anne as the song started up. "When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely, I just stick out my chin and grin and say...oh! The sun'll come out tomorrow so you gotta hang on till tomorrow. Come what may! Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow you're always a day away. Tomorrow, tomorrow I love ya tomorrow you're always a day...away!"

The song ended as everyone clapped. You know what something else? Thanks to Mary Anne's best acting skills, we won some awards. That was the best night we would never forget especially Mary Anne who was more thrilled than anyone. Mr. Spier was very proud of her, too. We each had about five of them. We should've had more, but Mary Anne didn't care.

"It doesn't matter if we win five or less, we're lucky to win anything," said Mary Anne.

"You're right," said Stacey.

None of us cared either anyway.

"Next stop is the movie," said Mary Anne as we laughed.

"Are we using the same lines as the play version?" I asked.

"Yes," replied Mr. Jackson.

"Fine by me," said Mary Anne.

"Only Annie would be at the window in the movie, not the plays," said the director.

"Okay," said Mary Anne. "One of my clients has one of the Annie movies from 1980's with Alieen Quinn. That's the only Annie movie that has the kidnapping and the train bridge at the end."

"That's right," said Mr. Jackson.

"Plus that movie is the summer one instead of Christmas," added Mary Anne.

Isn't she smart to remember all that?

"That's the only Annie movie I saw," said Mary Anne.

"You are so smart to remember stuff like that," I said.

"I know," agreed Mary Anne as we all laughed.

"Also, this movie we're making doesn't have the White House scene. Annie runs upstairs when Grace follows and the one who sang both reprises of Maybe and Tomorrow instead of Annie singing it on Christmas morning. Plus, Annie doesn't cry in the locket scene if it was an option," said the director.

"Okay," said Mary Anne. "I never saw the one with Alicia Morton, so I don't that one or Alieen Quinn verison. The only Annie movie I have is the play version copy that April sent me."

"I have those copies," said the director. "I was planning to give it to you."

"Just for me?" asked Mary Anne who was excited.

"Yeah," said Mr. Jackson.

"Wow. Thank you," said Mary Anne. "The others should also get both of them to be fair enough."

"The ones I got for you are for free. The rest can get them at the movie for half-free since they're the cast members, too," said Mr. Jackson.

"Awesome!" exclaimed Mary Anne.

At the plaza, Mary Anne puts the Alicia Morton in right away so she would know what to do. We weren't doing the movie until the afternoon anyway, which would be after lunch. She, Kristy, Stacey, Mallory, Jessi, Dawn-who joined-, and I shared a room together. April gets to join, too since she was the guest. Mr. Spier is with us, too. The rest of our parents are next door.

"I bet you would know those three parts in a heartbeat," I said.

"Me, too," said Mary Anne with a smile.























Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment