Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 23 - Dawn IV

Do you like Musicals? Is Annie your favorite? Then enjoy this all new fanfiction story!

Chapter 23 - Dawn IV

Chapter 23 - Dawn IV
On Thursday, it was the big night to start our play! All of the girls were excited. Mary Anne is also thrilled.

"I can't believe the day is finally here!" exclaimed Mary Anne.

"And what about me? When am I going to take over for an older orphan?" I asked.

"You will soon. Don't worry," said Mary Anne. "The National Tour is taking place all year until December."

"I pray I'd take over someday," I said.

"The play isn't going anywhere," said Mary Anne.

"If I don't, I will quit," I said.

"Then, you'd lose your chance," said Mary Anne. "It takes patience. Say Kathi gets to play Annie while I was the understudy, do you think I'd complain about it instead of waiting my turn? Of course not. I wouldn't mind waiting at all."

"But you would quit," I said.

"No I wouldn't," said Mary Anne. "If I did, I would lose my chance to take over. The subject is closed. I'm not letting you to spoil my excitement about tonight. I still say I'm glad the day arrived at last. No matter what."

That was when Mary Anne got up, grabbed her stuff, and left for school without waiting for me. How rude is that! Even Mom and Richard didn't notice that. That was unfair! They probably didn't blame her for doing that. At school, in homeroom, I came in and sat with Mary Anne.

"You left without me," I said.

"Can we talk about this later?" asked Mary Anne.

"No, now," I replied.

"Just leave me alone. Don't try to spoil my day already," said Mary Anne.

The bell rang to start a new short takes. Kristy and Mary Anne has a sewing class together while I have a math class. I hate math. Thank god Stacey the math whiz with me in case I need her help. It's called calculus. I don't know a thing about it, but Stacey is thrilled since math is her best subject. The day went by at lunch when I went straight to Mary Anne.

"Listen here, siblings don't leave without each other when they attend the same school," I said.

"They don't spoil each other's day either," said my sister without looking at me.

Then, she left going to lunch. What a grouch she is. Marci and Patti came by.

"Why are you trying to ruin her day for?" asked Marci.

"Yeah, she's been waiting for this big night to arrive," added Patti.

Since when Marci stands up for Mary Anne? That was unusual. At lunch, Marci came to Mary Anne.

"Mind if I sit here with you?" asked Marci.

Mary Anne looked up and said, "I don't mind."

"I noticed Dawn nearly ruin your excitement," said Marci as she sat with my sister.

"I know, she is," said Mary Anne. "This is a nice surprise. You never sit with me before."

"I figured I'd sit with the star of the play," said Marci.

"Wow. Thanks," said my sister with a grin.

"No problem. If I promise to be nice for now on after the play, can we be friends?" asked Marci.

"On one condition, don't try to steal Logan from me, even though I haven't you doing it anymore," said Mary Anne.

"It's a deal," replied Marci as they giggled.

"Maybe I'd help you change to be a better person," said Mary Anne.

"I think you already have since we started rehearsing when I commented your singing and acting skills," said Marci.

"I did?" asked Mary Anne.

"Yes," said Marci.

"I never knew that," said Mary Anne. "You do act like Pepper and sing perfectly."

"Thanks," said Marci.

"My favorite part was when you said, here it comes and you screamed," said Mary Anne as they laughed.

"I like that part, too," said Marci.

Marci and Mary Anne being friends? I can't picture that immature girl being with our mature one. I would like to see what Richard would say about this. He hates any kids who might be too immature for us to hang out with. He thinks one of us might change and be like them and he might be right on that. After lunch, Mary Anne and Marci headed out together for the first time.

"Did you see that? Marci was with Mary Anne," I said.

"Big deal. Marci's changing to be a nice one now. Mary Anne didn't realize that she was the one who changed Marci," said Kristy.

"But you know Richard is going to kill her once he hears about this," I added.

"Mary Anne would tell him the same thing," said Kristy.

"But I doubt he'd listen to her," I said.

"I'm sure he will," said Kristy.

"I don't want to see her to get hurt," I said.

"Look who's talking. Who's been hurting her most of the time? You. You did try to spoil her big evening earlier. I know. She told me everything," said Kristy. "If you don't want her to get hurt, don't upset her anymore."

After school, I warned Mary Anne that her father might have a fit if he learns she's starting hanging out with the most immature girl in school.

"No he won't," said Mary Anne. "I'm sure as long as Marci is beginning to be nice, he'll understand."

"You know he hates any kids who are much too immature to hang out with us," I told her.

She gave me the Look and walked away.

"If he did, don't say I didn't warn you," I said.

Later, at home, Mary Anne had decided to keep Marci as a secret from Richard for time being. Oh, boy, she'd be in big trouble for that one. That's what I told her.

"You shouldn't do that from your own father," I said.

"It's only for being time," said Mary Anne. "I'm not planning to bring her for now anyway. I'll be seeing her at school."

"But what if he asked you how long you've been with her?" I asked.

"I'll just say I just hanging out with her," replied my sister.

"Wouldn't that be a lie?" I asked.

"No," replied Mary Anne.

At dinner, Richard said, "How was school?"

"Good. I started the sewing class for short takes today. I have Kristy again," replied Mary Anne.

"And I have calculus for math," I added. "Thank god Stacey's with me because I don't know a thing about it."

"That's good," said Richard.

"I know. We're going to start the sewing machine and maybe I could ask Mrs. Towne to show me how to use it because it would be my first time to start using sewing machines," said Mary Anne.

"That's a good idea," agreed my stepfather.

Mrs. Towne lives down the road from us. She has a son, Carl, who lives in Missouri.

"I should call her tonight to ask her," said Mary Anne.

After dinner, that's what she did and they get to do it tomorrow before her second night of performance. We left at seven since the play would begin at eight tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday & the maintee is on Sunday at two in the afternoon. Richard and Mom went to get their tickets from the door while Mary Anne went backstage to get ready. When the play came, Mary Anne still did her lines and songs perfectly without leaving any of it out. After the play ended at ten, Mary Anne came out front where Mom and Richard were waiting.

"You did wonderful, sweetheart," said Richard.

"Thank you," smiled Mary Anne.

"You were more than wonderul. Make that super," said Mom.

They all laughed as Cokie's mother came by.

"May I take your picture, Mary Anne? You were amazing," said Mrs. Mason.

That's what she did and decided to have me included to be fair enough-thank goodness.

"Thank you," said Mrs. Mason.

Then Mary Anne went to go change back in her regular clothes when Marci met Mary Anne after that.

"You totally rock," said Marci.

"Why, totally thank you," said Mary Anne as they giggled. "I have to get home now. See you tomorrow."

Later, when we got home, we had to get ready for bed since it was a school night. Mary Anne went to her father happily.

"I can't wait to do it again tomorrow night," said Mary Anne.

"I bet," smiled her father. "Night, sweetheart."

"Night, Daddy," said Mary Anne as she heads off to bed.


























Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment