Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Cimmerio 1

When tourists arrive in Anchor Cove, no one knows what else might come with them. Sylvia Forrester befriends a very odd, yet attractive, outsider.

Chapter 2 - Cimmerio 1

Chapter 2 - Cimmerio 1
So this is Anchor Cove, I thought. I held a map in my hands trying to make out where I was. I was lost in the smallest place in Canada. Go figure. I brought the map closer to my face and looked around. Cox Street! I’m on Cox Street! I discovered. I looked at the map. “But where is Cox Street on here?” It was useless to figure out the whereabouts of anything in the community myself. There were tour buses driving around, but I didn’t have that kind of time. I had to get help one way or another.
Beside of me was a large Anchor Cove merchandise shop. I made my way through the crowd and into the store. There were tourists buying T-shirts and hats that read I HEART Anchor Cove and other ridiculous things like that. There was a small line at the cash register. I hurried over there before it got bigger.
After the first few people in line had made their purchases, it was my turn. “Excuse me? Is it possible that you can help me?” I asked the lady behind the counter. She was digging under the counter. She looked at me with a friendly smile. “Of course. Hang on.” She rummaged some more before she stood straight.
“I need to find the lighthouse, but I don’t know where is where.” I said handing her the map. She quickly pointed to a line on the map. “This is Cox Street here. It’s right outside. If you keep walking north you’ll come across a four-way. Turn left on Yale Avenue and then make a right on Singletary Avenue and then another right on Voyeur Road. Keep going and you should see Anchor Cove’s lighthouse.” She made a few marks on the map with a blue highlighter.
I stood with a baffled look on my face after hearing the quick directions she had given me. “I have tourists coming in everyday asking where to go. It comes naturally now.” She said. “Right.” I nodded. “What’s your name?” she asked. “Cimmerio James.” I replied. “Cimmerio...you don’t hear that name often. Matter of fact, you don’t hear that name at all. Do you have a nickname?” she arched her eyebrows.
“Rio.” I said. “Rio...” she trailed off in thought. “I’ll be right back, Rio.” She disappeared into the back and returned with a bracelet that had Riot on it. She pulled out a hammer from under the counter and smashed off the “t”. She motioned for me to hold out my arm. She fastened the bracelet securely on my wrist and smiled.
“Wow...thanks.” I said. “How much do I owe you?” I asked looking at her. “Just a smile.” She replied. I couldn’t help but smile at her act of kindness. “By the way, do you know where a good place to eat is at?” I asked turning the bracelet about my wrist. “Yeah, Sea Shack. You’ll pass it on Grove Street, which is on the left of Yale Avenue. The food there is the best. Their lobster, the main attraction, is to die for.” She pointed on the map.
“Thank you so much.” I laughed. “You’re welcome. Better go find that lighthouse.” She returned the laugh. I thanked her again and was on my way. I was on Singletary Avenue by 7:30. It wasn’t that got lost again, it was I stopped to admire the scenery every now and then.
Anchor Cove was a fascinating place. It had great smells everywhere. I was really interested in seeing the lighthouse. I traveled all the way from Florida just to stand on it. I don’t know why I held it so high in admiration, but I just did, and I have for years. The lighthouse looked so big. The light was bright and rotated ninety degrees left and right.
The walk up all of the stairs would take my breath away, but it was definitely worth the climb. I checked my cell phone for the time. I needed to hurry before I got too much excitement in my system. I needed to be away from civilization soon. I pushed open the door to the lighthouse and began my climb.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment