Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Sylvia 2

When tourists arrive in Anchor Cove, no one knows what else might come with them. Sylvia Forrester befriends a very odd, yet attractive, outsider.

Chapter 3 - Sylvia 2

Chapter 3 - Sylvia 2
“Sylvia! Clean off table five and you can go home early.” I heard dad say through the square kitchen window. Victory! My mind cried. I rushed over to the table and picked up the dishes and cups and sat them on my trolley. Veronica, my coworker/best friend, rested a hand on my shoulder. “You really wanna go home tonight.” She chewed her gum like a cow. “Is there someone special waiting for you?” she asked. “What? No. I just want to see the, uh, the lighthouse view.” I replied wiping the table clean.
I pushed the trolley back into the kitchen, pulled off my apron, and grabbed my side bag from the cubbies. “Sure, Sylvie, tell me anything.” Veronica crossed her arms. “I’m serious. You want to come with?” I offered. “Now I know you’re not lying. I can’t even if I wanted to. You’re daddy won’t let me off early.” She shook her head.
My dad more than likely overheard her and replied, “If you actually brought your @$$ to work on time maybe you could get your @$$ home earlier.” Veronica sneered at him. “Watch it old man or I’ll break your hip.” My dad laughed as he maneuvered around the kitchen. “Already broke it once and I’m still getting to work faster than you.” I laughed and yelled, “Bye dad!” “Bye sweetie!” he yelled back. “What if I break your entire body? See if you can get out of the bed faster than me!” I heard Veronica cry as I walked out of the restaurant.
There were a lot of stars out. The full moon lit my way to the Overhang Lighthouse. Appropriate name, seeing as to how it was located on a cliff. The view from the top was amazingly beautiful. I leaned against the railing and smelled the ocean. Ship horns were faint. The buoys rocked back and forth in the water making their tops look like giant fireflies.
There were lines of red Christmas lights along the fence that marked the beach. Anchor Cove at night was beautiful. A seagull landed beside me. It stayed for a few seconds before it took off again. I was preparing to leave when I heard the cry of a man. Curious, I walked around to the other side to see what was wrong.
A young man was on his hands and knees beating the floor with his fist. He was laughing, but it sounded more like a dying animal. “Excuse me, sir...are you alright?” I asked keeping a distance. He didn’t respond but instead, he jumped to his feet and onto the railing. He wiggled a bit, but caught his balance.
“I’m fine! I’m just about to jump off!” he replied laughing. I ran towards him. “Oh my God! Are you crazy? Sir, whatever it is, you can work it out! I’ll help you work it out as much as I can! People somewhere must care about you. I know that right now I do.” I cried.
He kept laughing and looking over the edge. It was at least a fifteen-hundred drop from the lighthouse to the ground. The ground that was under the cliff that is. “I’m fine lady.” He cried. “Don’t do it! Think about it! You have your whole life ahead of you.” Nothing I was saying was getting through to him. “I have thought about it. I’m going to jump and then I’m going to get something to eat!” he kept laughing.
“Get something to eat? You’re going to be dead!” He clearly was disturbed by something, but I was now involved in his suicide attempt. “No I won’t.” I met eyes with him. “I’ll prove it!” Before I realized what was happening, he grabbed onto my arm and jumped off the railing.
The feeling you get when you ride a rollercoaster was now what I was feeling, but it wasn’t like a rollercoaster. There was no car or seatbelt! I screamed as I clung onto him. This is it, my mind cried. I’m going to die a virgin! The last thing I remember was seeing the moon and feeling an exceptionally large amount of fur on my face.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment