Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Why Can't I Sleep?

A TwilightXLightning oneshot. I've been trying to write one of these for a while, so i slept on it. When i woke up, i was like, OMG THATS IT!
 
So......... enjoy! ^^

Chapter 1 - Why Can't I Sleep?

Chapter 1 - Why Can't I Sleep?
Why can’t I sleep? 
 
Twilight lay on her bed, unable to fall asleep. It was around 11:00pm, and she had gone to bed at ten. She lay there, contemplating the day’s events when suddenly, she hears the door creak open, then close again. It was obvious that they were trying to be quiet, but she heard it clearly in the silence.
 
She pretended to be asleep and stayed motionless as whoever came into her room walked to the foot of her bed and sat on the edge. The bed creaked, and there was a low curse.
 
Twilight recognized the voice immediately. 
 
Lightning? 
 
Twilight relaxed, knowing there was no danger she couldn’t deal with. She tried to ignore him and get some rest, but his presence was distracting. 
 
After a while, she looked up and asked, “Are you planning to sit there much longer?” 
 
Lightning jumped a little, he wasn’t expecting her to be awake. “Uhhhh. . . . . . .” he paused and thought for a bit. “I . . . . . I really don’t know. . . . . . . . .” 
 
“Ah. I see . . .” Twilight said, still unsure. There was an awkward silence.

“Lightning?” Twilight said suddenly. 
 
“Yeah?”
 
 “You’re glowy . . . ” 
 
“I am?” Lightning turned to look in the mirror on the wall next to him. The stripes on his head and arms were glowing dimly. “Oh . . . heheh . . . . .” Oh jeez. . . . . why now??? They haven’t done that in forever. . . “Uhhhh. . . they do that in the dark.”
 
 “Sure . . . then why haven’t I seen them do that before?” Twilight asked, raising an eyebrow. 
 
Lightning was silent. 
 
Twilight sighed. Then she turned towards Lightning. “Why are you here anyways? Did you have to tell me something?” 
 
More silence. 
 
Twilight groaned, then smiled. “It’s kinda chilly,” she said, holding the sheets open, “wanna stay in here?” 
 
Lightning was taken aback. He had the “are you serious??” expression on his face. 
 
Twilight nodded.
 
Lightning hesitantly got in next to her, facing the opposite direction. Twilight tossed the sheet back across him.  
 
Lightning’s mind was racing. Okay, now what? I don’t know what to do!!! Grr. . . . . Come on Lightning, figure it out!!!! 
 
Twilight’s acute hearing picked up his racing heartbeat and breathing. What’s wrong with him? I hope he’s ok. . . . . . . . . . . . . 
 
Lightning gathered up his thoughts and made his decision, then nodded to himself.
 
To Twilight, it felt like he was leaving, but to her surprise, he was right behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and hugged her to him. Then he buried his face into her dreadlocks and breathed in deeply. 
 
Twilight froze. What is he doing? She could feel his heartbeat on her back, and judging from that and his breathing, she decided he wasn’t planning on trying anything. . . It seemed like he just wanted to be there. . . 
 
Right at that moment, Twilight finally fell asleep.

Comments

Comments (10)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Zukoinferno on July 20, 2008, 4:40:09 AM

Zukoinferno on
Zukoinfernoangie: KAWAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!! YOU 2 WERE DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!!!!!

me: wow. thats all i can say. this is REALLY good.

zuko: even though you cant write anything worth shoot... ^^

me: STFU!!!

mechadragon13 on July 20, 2008, 9:22:15 AM

mechadragon13 on
mechadragon13Me: this has been up for a while now, actually ^-^

Lightning+Twilight: ^///////////^

Zukoinferno on July 28, 2008, 3:41:46 AM

Zukoinferno on
Zukoinfernoits good either way! ^^

Tinner1214 on June 4, 2008, 12:57:57 PM

Tinner1214 on
Tinner1214umm.

umm.

umm.

*2 hours later*

eh... From what you were saying about it in class, I was expecting better. This feels a lot like the BOOK Twilight, which I didn't like. So call me picky, but this is a minus for me.

Still romantical, though ^^

dingocat on July 8, 2008, 8:38:33 AM

dingocat on
Comment Deleted

mechadragon13 on July 8, 2008, 9:04:25 AM

mechadragon13 on
mechadragon13chill...... its ok hes like that all the time XD

mechadragon13 on June 5, 2008, 2:25:41 AM

mechadragon13 on
mechadragon13thats what i wanted to hear ^^ haha XD well, you didnt read Twilight so you wouldn't know XD thankies anyways tinner ^^

Tinner1214 on June 5, 2008, 2:56:20 AM

Tinner1214 on
Tinner1214I in fact read half of twilight, then got a partial refund at the bookstore.

So there.

mechadragon13 on June 5, 2008, 9:30:31 AM

mechadragon13 on
mechadragon13... boo.

Snowpaw1 on July 31, 2008, 10:08:13 AM

Snowpaw1 on
Snowpaw1is it the one about hte girl and the vampire dude??? everyone is talking about the new book..

mechadragon13 on July 31, 2008, 11:44:12 PM

mechadragon13 on
mechadragon13OMG YES!!!! breaking dawn comes out soon!!! and midnight sun a little after!!! ^^

Snowpaw1 on August 21, 2008, 5:32:47 AM

Snowpaw1 on
Snowpaw1IM ON NEW MOON!!!!!

Snowpaw1 on June 30, 2008, 1:12:21 PM

Snowpaw1 on
Snowpaw1cute! I had finished a pic of Lightning and Ocarina meeting and i didn't save it !!!!!! (Grr...)

mechadragon13 on July 1, 2008, 3:59:28 AM

mechadragon13 on
mechadragon13'doh. i'm sure it would have looked awesome. i think i'll draw something lika that too ^^

poppixie101 on June 2, 2008, 10:10:52 AM

poppixie101 on
poppixie101cuuuuuute!!!
adorable
romantic
spectaxular!!!

mechadragon13 on June 2, 2008, 11:39:55 AM

mechadragon13 on
mechadragon13thanks!! i got that from a LOT of my friends at school.... the other ones just squealed in glee XD