Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - NOT weak

Basically, some of the experiences Jack has when he takes his rightful place as dragon of the wind 80 years ahead of the time he meets those 'xiaolin losers'.
Only Clay and Omi are still alive of the original 4.

Chapter 2 - NOT weak

Chapter 2 - NOT weak
Jack breathed in the humid air as he sat on the roof of the Xiaolin temple. He glanced at his watch- it was precisley 1.32am.

Why couldn't he sleep? He wondered to himself. He didn't know- there was something in the air, a feeling of unease that he couldn't shake off- but what?

Confusion? Perhaps, it had been a month since he'd joined the side of good after almost a lifetime of evil. Why had he agreed so readily to join Sasha? Why had he so easily accepted his fate as a xiaolin dragon? She was his friend- his best friend, he knew that- he couldn't ask for anyone better.

But something didn't feel right. It may have just been time travel shock- there is nothing more shocking than seeing people of your own age on a day to day basis look so... OLD.

Perhaps it was the ghosts of Kimiko and Raimundo which haunted him...

When Sasha had told him Kimiko had died almost a year ago, he was shocked, suprised. Even though she'd been old... you never really think of such things happeneing. It made you appreciate your own mortality, and that life was something that couldn't be wasted...

And then Raimundo had died a week within him joining- it was if it was a sign- now that the new dragon of the wind had come to his rightful place he could surrender his fight and embrace the eternal slumber without worry.

Damn noble Raimundo.

Jack gazed upon the 2 newest graves, which he could see from his vantage point- he'd never really fully recieved Raimundo's own reaction to him joining and of course never even had a chance to know what Kimiko truely thought.

And if he had stayed within their time- his grave would be somewhere right at this moment likely...

Geez he though, Even for a goth I am morbid.

"Jack?" said a voice. He knew who it was.

"Hey, Sasha"

"What are you doing here?"

"Thinking."

She didn't say a word and neither did he, but they really didn't have to, she followed his gaze to the graveyard and simply sighed.

"You'll have to let them go Jack... its the only way that we'll be able to move on... though of course I'm having some trouble myself..." she trailed off, her eyes glistening.

She wiped them back feriously "Don't cry you idiot" she whispered to herself. But Jack heard her every word.

He gave her a look which was a mix of confusion and concern.

"I am NOT weak" she said to him sharply

"Never said you were"

"I WASN'T crying"

"I never said- but you were"

"Warriors do not cry, or show weakness... they stay to the task at hand" but her voice was quavering.

"Its okay to cry, it helps sometimes... you know let it all out and stuff..." Sasha stared "Listen, no-one knows more than me about wearing their emotions on the outside- fear is one I know well" he laughed slightly "But showing that you miss them doesn't make you weak... if anything it shows you're brave enough to show them."

Sasha smiled, "Thanks..."

"Why would you think yourself weak anyway?"

She turned away. "Oh... you know."

"Because you're a girl?"
Sasha smacked him "OUCH!!"

"Shhhhhhh you'll wake everyone up!" she hissed "And... no not really its just... I sometimes think not good enough... in general..."

Jack raised an eyebrow "Remember who you're talking to? The guy you help teach- ie help humiliate on a regular basis? YOU not good enough?"

"But you're a beginner Jack, this stuff is NEW to you... but I'm not getting better as fast as I'd like to- Lee and Michael are obviously miles ahead... and its only a matter of time before you eventually out do ME to..." she looked away "I wish my grandfather hadn't been a dragon, let alone my own element to boot..."

"There were many times I wished that to" Jack laughed, only half joking "But what do you mean?"

"Because I'm Omi's relative, people expect me to get all this stuff right away- its alot of pressure Jack in case you haven't noticed, entering the family business- its like they think greatness is inherited or something... its not- trust me, I know."

"What a load of crap" said Jack.

"Excuse me?!"

"Well first off, that stuff about saying you're not great- hello?! You're at the same rank as the others- apprentice, I know you were last out of them but being last doesn't mean anything- you're equal.

Plus I see you regularly trounce Michael at least in sparring- in your cases water DEFINITLY puts out fire, and you've done it with Lee too occasionally- I'M the one who regualrly gets their butt kicked... but then I'm new like you said I guess...

Also Xao picked YOU to teach me, not the others YOU- because you were the best choice..."

"Really? I thought YOU had picked me"

"I didn't... but then I guess I would have chosen you anyway." he smiled, his pure white face being betrayed by a pink flush- he was glad it was dark. "And also, Omi? Trust me he wasn't ALWAYS a full dragon- he had his faults, and I sometimes got a kick out o exploiting that- as did others. EVERYONE has one."

She smiled at him "Thanks Jack..."

They both lay on the roof, and gazed at the stars above them- they 2 young children, on one small planet practically drowning in the size of the universe. They felt both small and important at the same time- was that even possible?

"I'm never going to get to sleep now" said Sasha "You?"

"Nope"

"Well since I'm such a fantastic teacher... we could practice for a while."

Jack made to get up "But not yet" she said "Lets lose ourselves in the sky a bit more..."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment