Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Stranger and a thing called Desire

Basically, some of the experiences Jack has when he takes his rightful place as dragon of the wind 80 years ahead of the time he meets those 'xiaolin losers'.
Only Clay and Omi are still alive of the original 4.

Chapter 3 - Stranger and a thing called Desire

Chapter 3 - Stranger and a thing called Desire
The 4 young apprentices congrugated at their usual hang out- by Raimundo's tree. For some reason Sasha and Jack were extra chummy today, though Lee did not know why. She just seemed happier, which the dragon of earth was glad of- he had had the feeling something was bothering her, and not just because of Raimundo's departure.

He'd felt sadness too- for he had known him just as long as she had- more so even, since he'd lived in the temple a longer total amount of time, and Raimundo stayed 6 months of the year in the temple- whereas living 6 months of his normal life... at least he had done, before Kimiko had died the last year.

Then he hadn't left the temple- it was as if he was waiting, waiting to join her and needed to be near her grave for as long as possible. For his wife Kimiko.

Yes they had gotten married, and had been blest with a son and 2 grandchildren- all in Japan. Jack couldn't have BEEN more suprised at that, but then, he'd met them before those feelings had even come to light.

Lee looked on as Jack chattered with the other 2.

Lee hadn't trusted him before he'd come. When Master Omi had told him, after Sasha had left- that he was in fact evil in his time, he'd been angry and disturbed along with Michael at the thought of their overly trusting female companion going to collect him- who knew what would happen?

Sasha hadn't told them much of what had actually happened. Just that he'd 'Proved himself worthy'.

Michael had given in and opened himself to friendship with the boy, Lee had been much harder to crack. But he had done it.

Lee was not one for change- as with most earth dragons, he was traditional and had a very black and white view of the world- not realising their was a million shades of grey in between... or even the possibility that people could change in the first place.

True, the boy still irked him at times, he could be lazy and showed fear far too easily, but through Sasha he could see potential- not just as a worthy ally- but a worthy friend.

Is heart now held a place for 3 xiaolin dragons, not just 2, just like the others had.

Jack was unaware, so far of what this truely meant and its honour- but he would, in time.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The 4 young children were in various positions around the tree- Jack and Lee were both leaning against it, Michael was hanging upside down from the lower, twisted branches and Sasha was lieng on the grass gazing into the sky- she seemed to be doing that alot. Why did she feel the need to look up so often? Omi pondered.

The old monk suddenly felt sleepy... he could just shut his eyes...

Then his head shot up again- had he dosed off? He glanced back at the children and noticed 2- his own granddaughter and Jack were missing.

His overprotective senses kicked in and he raised himself from the bench- dojo wrapped around his neck as he slowly went round to search for the pair.

"You know, what you are doing probably violates privacy laws" said the dragon

"She is my son's child Dojo." he said as if offering an explanation

"You know... you really should trust them more- so far NOTHING has happened- they don't even know you're there... and would it even be that bad.."

Omi shook his head, slightly in exasperation over Dojo not understanding, and partly in himself. Because truely- would it be that bad?

But he still saw her as the little girl who at 5 just started becoming interested in his job, not a 14 year old, now taking his place in saving the world... with 3 boys of the same age.

It amazed him still, at how welcoming Kimiko's father had been- after all she had ended up married to one of them...

Omi shook himself, and making sure he was properly concealed watched as the pair sparred together.

"No no Jack like THIS"
Jack tried to take the stance she showed him, but it wasn't quite right.
"Jack, your butt is hanging out"

"What?! It is not!!"

"Oh come one look its just ASKING to be kicked, sticking out like that..." she went behind him placed her hand on it and pushed it forward with her hand. The contact made Jack turn RASPBERRY.

Omi's overprotective side growled slightly. He knew Sasha was just helping him... but well Jack obviously had other things in mind.

"Ok..." he mumbled, "Now what?"

"Attack me, and DON'T hold back this time... honestly I can TELL you can do it, but I get the impression you aren't-"

"But I don't WANT to hit you" he complained "I mean you're my friend..."

"Listen Jack, you've got to push those feelings aside for now... besides you WON'T hurt me- I'm showing you how to deflect basic Kick attack moves this time, instead of giving them."

Omi's slightly darker side smiled as he saw Jack sprawling on the ground, after she had grabbed his leg and tossed him into the air. But he soon frowned as Dojo said "See? The girl can take care of herself if she wants to. Particulary against HIM."

Jack continued to grown, his eyes closed. "Jack?" She said sounding worried "Jack- are you okay?! I didn't throw you THAT hard did I...?"

She knelt down over him. Suddenly he stopped moaning and yelled "Tickle attack!!"

"Aggggghhh!" she yelled out in suprise and started to bend over giggling helplessly
"No... no fair..." she laughed breathless as he continued is 'merciless' attack.

"Well, what did you expect? thought we learning about deception yesterday..." he laughed along with her. He gave his pateneted evil laugh- but in an obviously jokey way.

Eventually however, Sasha gained composure, as he let out that laugh. "NOW IT'S YOUR TURN!!" she yelled- yes now Jack was the 'helpless' one.

Omi raised an eyebrow. Such odd fighting techniques. Still, what did he expect- Spicer WAS still pretty good when it came to deception.

Soon it turned to wrestling and Jack ended up on top of her. Exhausted, they stopped for a moment, and both soon reddened when they realised what they looked like.

"Um..." said Sasha as Jack's mouth made its way closer to hers...

"So my young dragons in training! How goes the... uh training!". Jack flew himself off Sasha- still both the colour of beetroot. Omi said nothing about what he'd seen- oh he KNEW alright... he'd just managed to stop it in time.

"Party pooper" muttered Dojo to him- who'd been eating popcorn which appeared from nowhere "It was Just getting good..." Omi snapped his mouth shut.

"Um..." said Sasha "Sorry, we were training... but I guess we grew tempted to goof off for a few minutes... sorry"

"You must learn not to distract yourselves young ones, perhaps I shall teach you for a while..."

And so things returned to normal- but still Jack gave her a few fleeting looks which she tried very hard not to return.

'Why did Omi have to come RIGHT then' he cursed to himself 'He always seems to come at the wrong moments... or the right ones I guess depending on how you look at it...'

The three started shadow boxing, and then Old Omi took great delight in fighting Jack- perhaps being harder on the beginner than necessary.

Fathers may be crazy about their daughters, particulary their only daughters but only granddaughters? Even worse...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The stranger watched with interest at the scene before him from the depths of the forest.
So the rumours about the Spicer boy had been true had they?

It amazed him, that that fool had turned out to be the keeper of as of then unlocked power... wind dragon... interesting.

And he had just so obviously witnessed proof of the boys greatest desire.

But how could he use it?

Desire- now that was one thing he knew how to mess with, along with Jealousy. And even after his 'transformation'. He was still Spicer, he knew that.

But he would have to be careful. He did NOT want another Chase Young or Raimundo- who would eventually betray him in the end. He'd learned from his mistakes- it was unwise to act too rashly; all too often he'd been so over egar with turning people to the heylin ways that he'd become blind to other things- and thus was easily tricked.

So he'd just watch.

For now.

But of course he wasn't the only one...

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment