Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Flying away

Basically, some of the experiences Jack has when he takes his rightful place as dragon of the wind 80 years ahead of the time he meets those 'xiaolin losers'.
Only Clay and Omi are still alive of the original 4.

Chapter 5 - Flying away

Chapter 5 - Flying away
Clay couldn't help but chuckle as his friend paced the temple grounds. He reminded him of himself- when his daughter went on her first date- worried, confused, determined to hate the boy who had taken her by the arm.
 
Of course, Sasha was just friends with Jack- nothing more, oh they deeply cared for each other... but nothing more than that, right?
 
Right?
 
Now he was questioning himself... and the elderly cowboy shuddered slightly. If any of HIS female relatives or friends had been acquainted with Spicer in that way, he would worry. Despite proving himself in battle... he was still... Jack Spicer.
 
But no, despite what Jack MAY feel- Sasha didn't...
Right?
Right?! Now he was getting worried. But It had been only a half hour... what could you do in a half hour...?
 
Oh goodness no... he groaned to himself- he did NOT need that kind of mental image flashing up. No, Sasha wasn't like that and Jack... wasn't exactly Casanova himself was he? The Texan smirked to himself.
 
No, Omi was getting het up over a big heap of nothing really. And he told Omi so
"Honestly partner, you're buggier than a June bug in July- she'll be fine, they'll BOTH be fine, and it's not probably what you think..."
 
Omi snapped his head up to observe his large friend "And how do you know what I was thinking?"
 
"I've known you for... how long? 80 years out of the 96 of my life... I think I know a thing or two about you little buddy"
 
"80 years... oh I am sooo old..."
 
"Thanks- if you remember I'm 4 years older- what does that make me?" he laughed "We're old, get over it- it happens to everyone, well almost everyone, if you're lucky..."
 
"What is so lucky about becoming weaker? What is so lucky about first seeing your only child not need you anymore and see the same happen to THEIR children?... I know there is still Kenny... but he's in a whole different continent to us... when Sasha first came to stay here to train... I felt... useful again"
 
His old, sad wise eyes gazed upon the landscape "Sometimes... I wish she was 5 again..."
 
"Are you saying you want HER youth back or yours?" questioned Clay
 
"Huh?"
 
"No offence, but what you are saying is kind of... selfish. Your children grow up, and THEIR children grow up- it is only natural, we get old, and eventually we have to leave this place, but not before we leave our mark. Which we have Omi, and we are still stamping over it as we breathe and even for a time after we die... you've LEFT your most important mark- in Sasha- the new water dragon, she is your legacy, and she has much potential as Xao said... but she'll never do that if you don't let her fly- she'll never get anywhere with you watching her every move... Xao had to practically lock you up today in the basement when you refused to  stay behind while the children fought Wuya..."
 
"They are still only children..." murmured Omi "I know, in a few years they won't be- but still... simply children"
"I know" his friend answered "But remember so were we"
---------------
The 2 children in question soon grew bored.
 
"Want to fly somewhere?" Jack offered. "We could go up to the village if you wanted or- anywhere actually, we're free for oh...." he glanced at his watch "About 7teen hours"
 
"SEVENTEEN?"
 
"Well he did say the REST OF THE DAY, which means midnight, so... yeah..."
 
She rolled her eyes "Trust you to get that from it, clever though- we WOULD be technically within the rules to do so... but lets make it 16 eh? So we, have time to get back...but it may be a good idea to get the others in an hour or 2- face it you'll be sick of the sight of me and ONLY me after a while "
 
"Well, the sun is about to rise" said Jack "I said that, the first time I cam here, sometime 'd watch in from the mountains- how about there? It will kill some time"
 
"Sure"
 
He turned on his helibot, and tried not to spaz in shock a little  as Sasha held on tight to him, it still felt, unnatural- although wuya, as flesh had sometimes ridden on him- this was different somehow. 'Shut up hormones' he said inwardly as they flew into the misty air,
 
Hannibal and his accomplace smiled, it was perhaps time, now, to pay the temple a visit... oh the chaos they would cause would be simply delicious- and from what they heard, they had just enough time to cause the first sparks of mistrust... all they had to do was to act dumb...for  her Hannibal admitted, wouldn't be so difficult  to do...
 
Such a fool, was this girl, for ignoring the warnings, for turning to him, still, she had her skills he suppossed- and her stupidity, in fact was some what of a blessing, it meant controlling her was that much easier.
 
A fool and their money is soon parted was an old saying. But for Hannibal, it was a fool and their freedom.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment