Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Monument

Basically, some of the experiences Jack has when he takes his rightful place as dragon of the wind 80 years ahead of the time he meets those 'xiaolin losers'.
Only Clay and Omi are still alive of the original 4.

Chapter 8 - Monument

Chapter 8 - Monument
Sasha Me amie! cried the brown haired girl It is, as they say, Great to see you! In her exclamation of pure joy at seeing her old Australian friend and attempts to reach her (as well as 2 of the 3 boys also riding on Dojos back) she almost fell off the balcony from which she was standing.

She didnt though, which was just as well, a French girl falling from a 5 story building would have made quite a mess.

Woah Marie! said Sasha Be careful! Its great to see you too but calm down- the neighbours will talk She smiled as she hopped off the dragon herself landing beside her as they hugged and chattered excitedly in a mixture of French and English.

Of course the neighbours already were- Several old ladies and men, along with young mothers tightly gripping their children were pointing, shaking their heads and speaking in raised voices in French to each other. Although Jack knew a bit of French, it was hard to make out what they were saying, they were speaking too quickly for them- but he got the jest of it- they werent happy.

Who could blame them? It wasnt everyday a giant flying lizard came to their part of the world with 4 youths on their back.

And the next to last time that had happened (with Omi and co) it had resulted in the Louvre almost being destroyed by Clays element.

And the last time a wu activated here, with the present dragons (before Jack had joined)&.it wasnt pretty and once again was in the Louvre. As far as they were concerned, people who flew giant lizards didnt like art for some reason&

But thats another story.

Another of those Shen gong wu me amie? No way& not again

Posible! (way!) smiled Sasha And I thought I might as well see you while were at it! she smiled I knew youd kill me if I didnt ask you to join in anyway&

The French girls blue eyes shimmered in joy as she jumped onto the huge reptile. She laughed as Dojo winched slightly- although she didnt look it, she was strong. Oh and by the way Jack, this is Marie - shes a good friend of mine, Clay and her granddad were friends- Marie this is Jack, - a new member to the team!

But he means a bit more to her than that& muttered Lee under his breath, causing Michael to snigger.

Marie raised her eyebrows to the remark- though the two the comment was obviously about seemed unaware of what he said. Michaels ears pinkened as he fell under her gase- he always felt uncomfortable around her, he wasnt sure why though&

So where exactly is it Dojo? said Jack to the reptile

PLEASE dont say the Louvre- in case youve forgotten, that would be kind of awkward& said Sasha

Huh? said Jack.

You dont want to know- trust me said Lee glaring at Michael

HEY! It wasnt my fault!

Excuse me?! Exactly who set fire to the Italian wing? You almost destroyed the Mona Lisa for crying out- said Sasha

Well if that stupid wannabe witch hadnt&

And so the argument started. They didnt even here Dojo say Actually its near the Arc de Triomphe& as he turned in that direction.

Jack looked over at Marie with a confused look and coughed So& uhhh youve met Josephine huh?

Josephine& just in case youre wondering is like Jack himself probably was to the previous dragons. Only except, her fan girl intentions also extended to Wuya as well as Chase.
She wanted to be a powerful heylin witch like wuya was- and although she got an A+ for effort& she well& wasnt very good. If she had any real magical abilities at all (and this was doubtful) she was keeping them well hidden, that was for sure.

As a result she had decided the wu were the way to go in achieving her aims.

It still embarrassed Jack how much she reminded him of himself.

He felt sorry for her and could definitely relate to how she probably felt he mused.

Then Jack realised hed broken out of consciousness practically, in mid conservation and was now staring at Sasha for some reason. He looked to Marie to apologise and was shocked when she winked at him mischievously.

Great. Now even she knew.

He had the feeling the whole world but Sasha knew somehow& or maybe wanted to know he thought, slightly depressingly.

They were there, at the magnificent monument, even from above it looked impressive, it alone gave a feeling of grandeur only out done by the Cathedral& but then Jack thought, that was kind of the whole point of it being built in the first place&.

At the first sight of the reptile the people screamed; buses screeched to a halt and were abandoned as people ran as fast as they could from the monument. The feeling of the air was electric from the mass hysteria, the 5 children and dragon just sat there, slightly stunned at the reaction- all alone.

Oh come on! I know I had a rough night but I dont look that bad& do I? he snivelled slightly as he shrank and Sasha gave him a comforting hug.

After around half an hour of searching&

I FOUND IT! yelled Jack as he glanced to the top.

Turning on his helipack he flew up towards the white and black jug- but let out a groan as he saw the tanned hand gripping the opposite handle.

Josephine& I challenge you to a Xiaolin showdown& he growled as his friends yelled at the girl facing him.

What the 7 individuals didnt know was they werent alone- far from it in fact&.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

mentalguru on April 5, 2007, 10:11:41 PM

mentalguru on
mentalguruAgh!! I uploaded this from a document and all the punctuation has gone funny! The squares simply mean ".
& means ...
from what I gather... sorry!